• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Wasn't your package sent around May 22/23, so how's that 20 days? And if I remember correctly, you sent it via USPS which takes about 3 days or more, not next day courier delivery. Also, you need to remember May 25th was a public holiday, which means you can't count it since KCC wasn't open on that day. Same thing with the weekends in between, they don't work on Saturdays or Sundays, all these added together, I don't see how your package could qualify to be stated as being at the lockbox for the past 20 days.

Thanks for your reply Mom
I sent it 22 nd and the post office showed 26 was delievred at 7:00 am. So exactly 12 days without the public holiday and Saturdays and Sundays until now.
Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply Mom
I sent it 22 nd and the post office showed 26 was delievred at 7:00 am. So exactly 12 days without the public holiday and Saturdays and Sundays until now.
Thanks for your help

:rolleyes: So nothing out of the ordinary yet for 11 - 12 days of waiting, I would say. You can start getting worried if there's no news from about 25 - 30 working days.

Wasn't your package sent around May 22/23, so how's that 20 days? And if I remember correctly, you sent it via USPS which takes about 3 days or more, not next day courier delivery. Also, you need to remember May 25th was a public holiday, which means you can't count it since KCC wasn't open on that day. Same thing with the weekends in between, they don't work on Saturdays or Sundays, all these added together, I don't see how your package could qualify to be stated as being at the lockbox for the past 20 days.
In timelines some people took 4 days or one week! So for that I compare mine.

What do you mean Kcc is closed these days ? I mean after we submitted our file for AOS , still Kcc involved on it?
Sorry if there is missunderstand

What do you mean Kcc is closed these days ? I mean after we submitted our file for AOS , still Kcc involved on it?
Sorry if there is missunderstand

Well, that's a bad comparison IMO. I don't think going by the best case scenario is the ideal thing to do, I would have gone by the longest or worst case if I was in your shoes.

Thanks for catching the KCC part of my post, that should have been USCIS. Anyway, regardless of if it says KCC or USCIS, the fact is they both don't work on weekends or public holidays. KCC is no longer involved until the stage where the FO requests the DV case file from them.

By the way talking of timelines, I don't seem to recall seeing your case on the 2015 Timelines spreadsheet. Don't you think you should had it for others to benefit just like you're benefiting form those who went through the process before you?

Select status as permanent resident application.

Honestly speaking, I believe you're over thinking the questions, I basically shouldn't have to be answering the questions for you one by one, the right answers are staring you right in the face, if you pause long enough.
HeySm1smom
, yes i am over thinking, sorry about that. Thank for being patient and aswering my queries. Will send out the package tomorrow. Thanks :)

Hello mon,

My number is Af2015.. 42 xxx. My cn is current for august 2015. I would like to know when should I file adjustment of status forums.

Hello mon,

My number is Af2015.. 42 xxx. My cn is current for august 2015. I would like to know when should I file adjustment of status forums.

You asked this question before and Simon answered you:

I expect my number to be current August . I am currently in USA. IF my number is current in August when Should I submit my I485 form.

Early processing starts from when the VB that gives adavanced notice of your case number being current is released. So - if you were current in August you would be able to submit your I485 once the VB in June is released (roughly mid June). That extra 6 weeks or so is very useful...

By the way talking of timelines, I don't seem to recall seeing your case on the 2015 Timelines spreadsheet. Don't you think you should had it for others to benefit just like you're benefiting form those who went through the process before you?

Sure I like to do, can you tell me how? Thanks again

Hi Mom.
My case number is 78xx and according to the Visa Bulletin up to 7650 case numbers became current for July and August. The last year case numbers up to 13500 became current for July and August. My question is that due to the fact that AOS takes more time than CS, how much chance do I have to get the green card (For saving some money) and what can I do to increase my chance and make the process faster? Because I still didn't pay for the vaccines and KCC and It is clear that I will be current in September.

Hi Mom.
My case number is 78xx and according to the Visa Bulletin up to 7650 case numbers became current for July and August. The last year case numbers up to 13500 became current for July and August. My question is that due to the fact that AOS takes more time than CS, how much chance do I have to get the green card (For saving some money) and what can I do to increase my chance and make the process faster? Because I still didn't pay for the vaccines and KCC and It is clear that I will be current in September.

We know of numerous cases that became current in Sept and successfully completed the AOS before the 30th, outside of this statement, I can't tell you precisely "how much chance (you) have to get the GC". A lot also depends on what your background check turns up with (this step is equally applicable to CP by the way). There's basically nothing you can FO to increase your chance nor make the process faster that I know of, if that was possible everyone else will be doing the same thing.

You just have to make sure you've carefully gone over the spreadsheet to understand what the process involves, and to do whatever step needs to be done at the right time.

Hi Sm1smom,

Our rent lease will be finished by July 27th. If we want to continue month to month, we will have $300 in addition to the market price at the end of the lease. We don't know where we will go later. Should we hire a notary/lawyer to receive our mails in case we don't decide where to live?
Can a letter from the bank or insurance be a proof of residence?

Thank you

Hi Sm1smom,

Our rent lease will be finished by July 27th. If we want to continue month to month, we will have $300 in addition to the market price at the end of the lease. We don't know where we will go later. Should we hire a notary/lawyer to receive our mails in case we don't decide where to live?
Can a letter from the bank or insurance be a proof of residence?

Thank you

You'll rather pay $900 to some attorney to receive your mail, than stay put and pay the extra $300/month for 2 months - August, Sept - which is what is left for the FY to end anyways? Anyway, it's not like you will be required to provide a proof of address, and I don't know if what you're proposing is acceptable by USCIS.

You'll rather pay $900 to some attorney to receive your mail, than stay put and pay the extra $300/month for 2 months - August, Sept - which is what is left for the FY to end anyways? Anyway, it's not like you will be required to provide a proof of address, and I don't know if what you're proposing is acceptable by USCIS.
Thank you so much.

I've carefully gone over the spreadsheet but there are some unclear parts. For instance according to form I-693 we need to do Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B but the doctor (a designated civil surgeons) told me (and insisted) that these are not required for you. I don't know what to do.

I've carefully gone over the spreadsheet but there are some unclear parts. For instance according to form I-693 we need to do Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B but the doctor (a designated civil surgeons) told me (and insisted) that these are not required for you. I don't know what to do.

Precisely what is unclear about the spreadsheet??? Did you look at the tab that deals with the medical exam on the spreadsheet? Did it say anything about Hep A & B shots?

Hi @Sm1smom ,

Before I got my interview letter, I had an infopass reserved for today. I almost forgot about it untill I got a reminder on my phone 1 hour before the appointment. I decided to go to follow up about the approval. The officer told me that he can see in the system that the case is approved and I should wait for welcome letter. However, my online case status is still at "fingerprint fee was recieved" and no CPO yet. Is that common? I am super worried :(