• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

HI Mom,
is there any order to arrange the documents in for the AOS package? I plan to put them according to the excel sheet. staple my i-20 ( individual ones each has 2 pages). then put a paper clip for the whole package.
Suggestions?
Thanks

Hi,
For, i 485, part 3- processing information, C (list past membership with organizations ) I am not sure what it means, also should we include stdent organizations and Honor society organization?

Hi, other question, for g-325, this form is submiitted in connection with an application for -- is it check on other and write AOS DV?
and in i-485, I am applying for, select h) and DV selectee notification letter attached? Thanks

HI, sorry for bombarding with questions, can we staple the i-485 pages? I read the tips on assembling by USCIS, but i am still confused. Thanks

Hello :)

I have question, I have the choice between Adjustment of Status and Consular Processing. Do you know which one is faster to process ?

I'm currently in the US, so I can do Adjustment of Status but if Consular Processing is faster I don't mind going back to my country to do the interview.

Also I saw that AOS is about $ 330, is Consular Processing free ?

Thank you for your time !

HI,
the check is a total amount of 1070 right? not two separate checks for $985 and$ 85? also, where to keep the check in the order of documents? Whenever I applied for OPT i used to staple the money order to i-765. How should we keep the check while filing for AOS?

Hey all - I just have a few questions about the AOS package i'm hoping someone can answer (this forum has been a great help in navigating the process!)

- In terms of putting together documentation for the AOS package, are just straight photocopies okay, provided I bring the originals to the interview? Or do I need to get the copies certified by ex: a notary or justice of the peace? As all my documentation is already in English (everything is in dual language), i'm also assuming I will not need a translation, is this correct?

- Will I need to obtain police records/certificates in the AOS package? In either case, will I need to obtain them for the interview?

- As my DV number is just under the July cut-off for Asia (which the visa bulletin lists as up to 6850), would there be any advantage in sending in my AOS package 2-ish weeks early, or would it be better to wait until the 1st of next month? I've read from these threads/the AOS spreadsheet that there exists a chance it might be denied if I send the package in early - I don't mind repaying the AOS fee if I have to resend in a new package on the first of next month, but i'm mostly worried that if I do file early, two weeks will not be enough time to find out if I was denied or not due to early filing.

Thanks!

- Yes, just plain/legibible photocopies, no certification required. Regarding the dual language documents,miss your call if you want to use the documents as is or get an actual full translation.

- No PCC required for AOS (that's why it's not listed on the AOS spreadsheet).

- 2 days or 2 weeks or 2 months will be treated the same way if they want to make an issue of early filing, even one day! The thing with the denial is that if it's going to be done by the FO, there's no guarantee as to when it will be done - it's not like they begin to look at the petitions the months they're supposed to be current, it could be just when they're about to schedule the interview which could be 1 or 2 months after the CN is officially current and they make the decision to deny at that stage. So you just have to step out in faith if filing early.

HI Mom,
is there any order to arrange the documents in for the AOS package? I plan to put them according to the excel sheet. staple my i-20 ( individual ones each has 2 pages). then put a paper clip for the whole package.
Suggestions?
Thanks

There's no required or prescribed order. You're not supposed to staple anything! You can either submit your I-20s double sided, or use smaller paper clips for each one.

Hi,
For, i 485, part 3- processing information, C (list past membership with organizations ) I am not sure what it means, also should we include stdent organizations and Honor society organization?

No need to list student organizations or honor societies. You can list professional organizations if you belong to any

Hello :)

I have question, I have the choice between Adjustment of Status and Consular Processing. Do you know which one is faster to process ?

I'm currently in the US, so I can do Adjustment of Status but if Consular Processing is faster I don't mind going back to my country to do the interview.

Also I saw that AOS is about $ 330, is Consular Processing free ?

Thank you for your time !

Please go over the AOS spreadsheet, it has a section comparing both the AOS and CP processes.

HI,
the check is a total amount of 1070 right? not two separate checks for $985 and$ 85? also, where to keep the check in the order of documents? Whenever I applied for OPT i used to staple the money order to i-765. How should we keep the check while filing for AOS?

One cheque. You can CLIP (not staple) it to your I-485.

Hello Mom
I locked at the timeline sheet.
Now 20 days and didn't recieve anything no text message or email and they didn't cash the amount. I want to know if they did recieve the file or went where. What do you think if we call them? Please advise if there is a specific phone number . Thanks

Last edited:
THanks, the ques for g-325 is right below , last occupation abroad if not shown, in a boz to the left. or, next to where we sign , to the left.
Also, What should I put in for last occupation abroad if not shown? Do we need to write anything? if yes, dates too? I have been in US since the last six years, starting from my undergrad. When i was back home, i was a student.

Hello Mom
I locked at the timeline sheet.
Now 20 days and didn't recieve anything no text message or email and they didn't cash the amount. I want to know if they did recieve the file or went where. What do you think if we call them? Please advise if there is a specific phone number . Thanks

Wasn't your package sent around May 22/23, so how's that 20 days? And if I remember correctly, you sent it via USPS which takes about 3 days or more, not next day courier delivery. Also, you need to remember May 25th was a public holiday, which means you can't count it since KCC wasn't open on that day. Same thing with the weekends in between, they don't work on Saturdays or Sundays, all these added together, I don't see how your package could qualify to be stated as being at the lockbox for the past 20 days.

THanks, the ques for g-325 is right below , last occupation abroad if not shown, in a boz to the left. or, next to where we sign , to the left.

Select status as permanent resident application.

Honestly speaking, I believe you're over thinking the questions, I basically shouldn't have to be answering the questions for you one by one, the right answers are staring you right in the face, if you pause long enough.

Also, What should I put in for last occupation abroad if not shown? Do we need to write anything? if yes, dates too? I have been in US since the last six years, starting from my undergrad. When i was back home, i was a student.

Again this is exactly what I mean by over thinking the questions. The requirement is to list the last occupation(s) for the last 5 years. If you've been in the U.S. for the past 6 years, you obviously have nothing to put in the section for occupation abroad if not already listed.