• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Wait, I didn't read your entire story, but you listed your girlfriend/fiancee as your spouse on the application when in fact you were just planning to tie the knot with her?

For your sake I hope I misunderstood.

Yip, that's what he said. I'm sorry to tell you, as E59th has hinted, if you do win you will be disqualified at interview level. If you listed her as your wife but your marriage certificate is dated after the DV closing date, they will know that you lied on your application form. It would have been correct to enter individually and list yourselves as single. If you win and get married, you can prove that at the interview and try to have her added to your Green Card. Either way, you will not make it this year. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but hopefully you will fill in the form correclty next time.
Good luck to everyone, I too am waiting with bated breath for the NL's to arrive.

It doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be disqualified at the time of his visa interview provided that he marries her before that i.e. after the reception of the NL, because it wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn't check the date they married. So, as long as they can see that he is married as he stated on the application, there's a good chance they won't even look at the date the ceremony took place let alone realize that he married much after he stated to had already joined the matrimony.

As far as the love problems are concerned, even though I risk a big disagreement particularly from the female part of the forum, ovicity my friend I'm sorry to say this but you're sick with the illness called love—the sooner you manage to realize, and if you ever come to realize, that that is something you should stay away from, the easier your life will be. I'm glad I went through this terrible illness early in my life, even though it took me almost two years to completely recover, so I hope, but of course can never guarantee, that my immunity is at a very high level now.

Last edited by a moderator:
USA my friend, we are never immune to love..you just have not met the right person as yet to make you a believer again..lol

It doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be disqualified at the time of his visa interview provided that he marries her before that i.e. after the reception of the NL, because it wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn't check the date they married. So, as long as they can see that he is married as he stated on the application, there's a good chance they won't even look at the date the ceremony took place let alone realize that he married much after he stated to had already joined the matrimony.

I'm sorry for ovicity, but you're wrong. Your marriage certificate (and the date in particular) will be checked according to what you listed on your application. Box married checked? Then the marriage certificate needs to be from before Nov. 30, 2009. Box single but got married afterwards? Then the marriage certificate needs to be from after Nov. 30. Anything else is considered providing false information and it will surface as soon as they go over your paperwork.

Hello Folks,

Couple of days left before we hear about Nls hitting mailboxes. Wonder wat it is like to hold that damn big envelope in your hands ??? It's gonna be like that's it I am in or one foot already there ??? By the way in wich cities are you guyz planning to settle in case you get the winning ticket ???? I am thinking about Tampa I heard it is a nice city and close to many beach ressorts...

Florida is amazing, I go at least 4 times a year... Although I live more north, but I do enjoy snowboarding...

America here I come, or should I say here we come? Anyways, I wish you guys all the best.
I entered for DV-2011 and I am eagerly expecting my NL and the scripture say the expectation of the righteous shall not be cut off.

Hiii!!!!
@KARIO : I m also wondering too! what it feels to find this envelop on our mailbox...Think I will have a heart attack ..LOL!!!
Florida is amazing but the tropical weather scares me... but I definitely wanna move to a states where the weather is always sunny and no rain and with beaches LOL so I will go for California but the west coast attracted me too So ....That is the worst question and the most difficult one if i win....!! I think the 1st thing I will take in consideration will be a "JOB" so California right now will not be the one ...Tough & good question...!!!

HOPE THE 1st ENVELOP WIll come soooooonnnn!! Does someone Know which part of the world (AS/SA/OC/AF/EU) was the 1st to receive the 1st NL in these previous years??
Thanksss everyone!!!!!!
A prayer to everybody & SOOOOONN WE WILL KNOWWW!HAve FAITH!!!

17th I think it s still to early!!! But I realllyyy reeeaaaalllyyyyyy do Hope U right USA! ...
One of my friend is pushing me to go see a sighted personn but I dont believe in it ...plus they scare me ...lol
For Europe i think we r the last to receive the 1st NL so I think I should definitely be very patient.... Africa, South America and Asia should have good news soon so we will celebrate with them!!!
Chhheeeerrrrrrsssss

hi every1, the heat is really on.my imagination is almost running wild.nothing else has been on my mind for days now except d gr8 white envelope!somebody help me!

Hey guys!
I feel dirty to ask this question, but please allow me:
I participated DV 2011 last october even though I was the winner of the previous year, for which I am struggling to include my future wife. In the very unfortunate case of a visa denial to us, do you think that I should still be hopeful for DV2011?
forgive me for being so shameless playing DV again while I was the winner of 2010...
heyhhhhhh....

Hi EVERYBODY!!!

@Cusera : LOL I Feel the same way, LOL My mum and friends r going crazy with me LOl, cant stop talking about the DV ...!!!!

@fthnm : Have u already been denialed (refused)????
or is it just to taunt us.....lol
The lottery is open to everyone who wants to play sooo, and everybody as equal chances I think u know this already !!!!!!
Hope u ll get the GC with the DV 2010 (if havent been denialed yet) !!!!

Hey guys!
I feel dirty to ask this question, but please allow me:
I participated DV 2011 last october even though I was the winner of the previous year, for which I am struggling to include my future wife. In the very unfortunate case of a visa denial to us, do you think that I should still be hopeful for DV2011?
forgive me for being so shameless playing DV again while I was the winner of 2010...
heyhhhhhh....

Like to know the reson for deny of your previous year visa

Just ve been on the US department of state website and checked the 2 previous years of the Dv Lottery and 9.1 million entries in 2008 and 13.6 million entries in 2009, Wow !! thats a lot of people!!! It will be really great to know exactly how many people play in each continent and each countries that will be great to do some statistics otherwise nobody can have any good and realisitic statistics I have seen some statistics on this forum but actually everything is false and really wrong as anybody know exactly how many played in each countries....
Do u think they dont give those infos on purpose??
and on what I ve been reading they just give 50 000 GC each year and not 55 000 as 5 000 are given to The Nicaraguan and Central American Relief Act (NACARA)
50 000 Is really nothing I really start to doubt on the possibilities to get that NL....specially when I never won nothing in any kind of lottery ...lol
I was soo excited about this lottery this year that I play the first day (opening day October 2th) lol!!
Let us know everyone how r your feelings about this DV this year!!!
Cheerrrssss!!!!
xoxo

Well Diafa I'll tell you how I feel about this year's DV Lottery. Basically I've had enough of this as for the past 3 times I've applied, to be actually selected was something like trying to find a needle in a haystack. The first time I applied I was acting like crazy, the second time I was much less excited, but now I can honestly say that I'm so tired of this that don't even think I'd celebrate too much if I won. I believe that everything in life happens for a reason, so if for example someone doesn't win after he's been trying for several years, it might also be a good decision to forget about it as that maybe wouldn't give you everything you've been imagining—of course I'm not saying that the opposite might not be true and that that someone shouldn't continue trying. So, once again, my thoughts are definitely that this will be my last year, and for the rest of the company I wish you all the best and much strength and perseverance to fulfill your dreams.

Well Diafa I'll tell you how I feel about this year's DV Lottery. Basically I've had enough of this as for the past 3 times I've applied, to be actually selected was something like trying to find a needle in a haystack. The first time I applied I was acting like crazy, the second time I was much less excited, but now I can honestly say that I'm so tired of this that don't even think I'd celebrate too much if I won. I believe that everything in life happens for a reason, so if for example someone doesn't win after he's been trying for several years, it might also be a good decision to forget about it as that maybe wouldn't give you everything you've been imagining—of course I'm not saying that the opposite might not be true and that that someone should continue trying. So, once again, my thoughts are definitely that this will be my last year, and for the rest of the company I wish you all the best and much strength and perseverance to fulfill your dreams.

I understand what you are saying but I think you will scream out loud when you get the letter in the mail...

After that the confusion starts for many...OMG is this really happening....then they find out how much they have to pay to get the GC and that it isn't a done deal getting the GC...some hurdles need to be taken and some might doubt if they really want to go forward, which is even more frustrating for people who really want to go to the US or stay there in a different way then having a visa....

That is why i have put up the thread about "things you need to know before you enter the lottery", since to me it isn't fair if some one is winning and later decides not to go forward why another is so anxious waiting and know what they want...

Leaving you family behind isn't easy and getting into the unknown with less socialy securities isn't an easy decision in todays economy....but we also have people seen who are so happy and wouldn't want to go back...