• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Im from france i lived in US 2 years ago but now Im in FRANCE....LOL ..Im still waiting...That s my 4th attempt ...Im just hoping this year will be a The good one if not well I will definitely try every single year ...until i get it....and u Obama where u from? do you have family or friend who won the lottery????

hello everyone, i'v read through all ur comments & must commend ur level of seriousness,level-headedness,&commitment.i pray that we all selected soon. to u all i say 'keep the good work'.i hope paste my success story soon.cheers

Diafa, i'm happy 4 u, cos u have gotten one or two experiences about the US cultures, activities, economy, accommodation, social life, ladies and the likes. Oh sorry! did i say LADIES, well u wont deny anything, would u? LOL....Pls give us a little experience of how and what are the benefits of the promised land. The whole house wuld like to know. Kudos to u bro.

LOL OVICITY ...Im a lady myself ....LOL U made me really laugh!!! lol
Well I ve been in LA my 1st time when I was 15 for a month I stayed in UCLA (University of California Los Angeles), it was a trip whith an organization for young people...
I ve been in 2007 for a Year for an Internship in San Diego and I traveled sooo much into the US, that I just cant imagine a better country, I ve been to miami, chicago, new york, boston, Washington, san fransisco, las vegas, I did the entire west coast (newport, dana point, san jose, sancremento,...........) denver, havasu, yuma, tucson, houston....and so much more...
This year was OMG just sooo wonderfull, since then I just cant imagine myself living anywhere... then I lived in Dubai for an internship too, travel into Asia... and well in 2009 I just packed my stuff and got back to US, to look for a job and an employer to sponsor me to live and work in US, same as in 2007 I travel a lot, lived for 3 months in Vegas, got back in france send about 4000resume got back to USA I ve been kind of everywhere (Huge cities : Miami, Nyc, LA, San Fransisco, San diego, Chicago, Boston, DC, baltimore, Dallas...) ANd no Job ...I took a lawyer believing that it will help me but nothing...So believing that the Economical crisis made a very bad point in the US about getting a job, I got back to France, Im appliying for a PHD, and I applied for the Residence in CANADA and Im waiting For my date for the interview, I received a good news from the CANADA ambassy as Im qualified soooo Im fine it s not the US , but I hate soo much FRANCE that I would say I would live anywhere in this world but not FRANCE....But US is my dream and will always be ...Im going back to the US this summer for 3months I cant see myself not going each year....I made a lottt of friends...(more than my entire life in France lol)....
People r such great there ....LOL ladies, & GUYS......lol They r such nice & Helpful....!!!! It was incredible cos in France NO ONE WILL HELP u for anything believe me!!! Each time I traveled to US I was by myself, and never had any problm, and being a girl anything can happened to me anywhere in the US...
The culture is soo incredible coz u just can live the way that u wanna live , nobody will judge u , u can be what ever muslim, jewish, boudist.....everybody do not care about what u r (thats not the case in France!!) U really feel home instantly!!! As far as u r a good personn in the community evrybody will be sooo wonderfull with u !!! and most of people dont judge !!
About the activities lol US is soooo big people dont really need to go outside the US.... and each city u feel like its a new country, for example LA and Miami GOd its sooo different and in a good way , no need to talk about the difference about Newyork u just feel more in europe than in the west coast .... U can do everything is US absolutly everything, and that s my biggest problem if I win the lottery : "where I will live?? which city??
Vegas is the best to have Fun, clubs r crazy!!!!!!, Miami too is awesome to party!
About the accomodation I would say it depends on the city, some r expensive, some r OK, and some very cheap....!!! Vegas was very very cheap! LA & NYC were very very very Expensive and Miami was OK, (I just took the biggest example....)

The thing that u will misss a lot is certainly UR FAMILY except U r FAMILY I dont think u will miss much and same it depends on u r attach concerning ur own country, lol I hate mine sooo....
Except my family and my mum's dishes and my best friend I missed nothing about France ....and as my mum say "u better be far and happy than close to ur family and sooo bad , seing u happy far will makes me happy, seing unhappy close makes me even more unhappy......."
LOL and IM PRETTY SURE U will have any problem finiding a girl in USA, and why not ur wife lol u have all the world there....!!!
People r very easy going, and always ready to help !! and they love people coming from abroad that r very curious and in a veryyy goood way!!!!!!
I had a really good experience (the best in my life!!) I m sure there is bad people evrywhere but I didnt experience that in US sooo I can talk about it.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Diafa, i'm truelly sorry to av mistaken u 4 a guy. I like ur honesty and sincererity. I'm really impress about ur adventures in the US. I guess u know alot about this country called USA. Av not been there b4 and so i dont know much about them. I do really appreciate all the info u gave to me and i know so many of us in the house will av one or two to gain from it. I'm happy i met someone like u, 4 u are such a wonderful lady. I pray and aslo wish u succeed, 4 this has always been ur dream and aspiration. Based on wat u av said about US, it shows there's alot to learn and to gain when u get this GC. I cant wait to c all this beautifull places u just mentioned to me. God will grant our heart desires for everyone of us. Thanks once again for the info!

OVICITY U R MORE THAN WELCOME!!!!
FOR BEING A LADY OR A GUY THIS IS NOT U R FAULT lol U CANT KNOW LOL !!! DONT BE SORRY!
tHANK FOR THOSE WORDS!!!
Im sure one day u will be in USA and u ll see by urself all those things and a LOT MORE!! Hope it will be next year with the green card in Ur pocket !!!!LOLL!!
iF U NEED ANY INFOS if i can help u Ill be glad to do it!!!!

Hey Boer, where are you from?—your username sounds to me as if you're from Denmark or Belgium, or maybe even Holland. I wonder if there will be any news here soon, I'm still waiting for the 'official announcement' by someone that it actually started to start checking my mailbox.

Hey USA,

Holland is a good guess. I am originally from South Africa, hence my username, which is dutch related. I have been living in the USA for almost 5 years now...

I want to go to America. All my life I wished for it and I will get it, its in my blood.

:eek:
I totally agree with diafa, people play the DV for different reasons, job or no job i am US bound. But come to think about it, must we all look for job in USA, like some us from Africa we can go into buying and selling. Buy fairly used goods (expecially cars, truks, mechinaries etc) export it to Africa make some money. You will find out that at the long run you don't need a job. I f God prospers you the sky would be your limit.

What am i saying, job alone is not the ultimate reason for migrating to US for some of us.

O brother, many people left many replies here but who knows better than me. I am trying to win DV for over 16 years but cant win but I am still with it in a hope that God never lets any one's hope down.

I wanna go to America.

O brother, many people left many replies here but who knows better than me. I am trying to win DV for over 16 years but cant win but I am still with it in a hope that God never lets any one's hope down.

I wanna go to America.

Don't worry your wishes will be fulfilled!

I wanna go to America.

My brother keep on traying, it will be ok soon. Some of us did the same but today we are very happy.

hello everyone, i'v read through all ur comments & must commend ur level of seriousness,level-headedness,&commitment.i pray that we all selected soon. to u all i say 'keep the good work'.i hope paste my success story soon.cheers

Thanks a lot CUSERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna go to America.

Hi KIBRIA!!!
Whe r u from?? 16 times!!!! I just hope U ll be the 1st getting the 1st NL this year !!
Keep believing in it!! Im sure soon u ll be one of the winner!!
NEVER GIVE UP!!!! Keep trying and god u ll give u what u want at the best time for u!!!!
My prayers goes to U Today!!!!!
Determination will pay one day !!!!!!
Hope u ll get it 1st !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey USA,

Holland is a good guess. I am originally from South Africa, hence my username, which is dutch related. I have been living in the USA for almost 5 years now...

I suppose you've stayed there illegally for the past time, is it too hard to live that way, especially now when they say it's hard to find a job even if you're a citizen of the U.S.

Hi guys!!!! just checking to see how everyone is doing. Still a couple weeks at least before we start hearing of people receiving NLs so I'm just chilling before the madness starts..lollollol..
I really appreciate you guys and ladies (Daifa I thought you were a guy too..lol) keeping this thread going and I look forward to our good news soon.
BTW someone asked where we were all from, well I'm in Jamaica but I was born in Trinidad and Tobago.

USA,

I would never be illegal in the USA, there is no future for illegal people since they can't get a decent job or travel etc... I am on a F1 student visa. I did my Associates degree, my bachelors degree, and I am currently busy with my masters degree.