After Xfer and FP2 from TSC...post all activity

FP2 Done!

Actually, just now saw LUD. We had FP2 this morning.

Strangely, after the FP2, the message changed back to "On March 7, 2007, this case was transferred to the Texas Service Center." Me and my wife received e-mails from CRIS to that effect as well.

Earlier, the message was "Pending at Texas Service Center"

Looks like a computer glitch!

We too done with FP2 today CODE1, no LUD yet!. Any significance between code 1 and code 3, as some of them in the forum did code3.

please through ur ideas guys.

Thanks,

michvin

You saying that they re-requested NC for ALL transferred cases? I don't see how this effect is positive. FBI just received couple thousands more NC requests, as usual they won't be able to connect these new requests with already exisitng ones and will continue working on both. More workload, more time spent. How this is better? :(

This is better because the tape drvies on which our previous NC/SC requests were sent were lost somewhere otherwise there is no way that our NC/SC's could take years to process unless our names are similar to those of the terrorists. This is good for the transered cases becuase our cases got a chance to get cleared from this NC/SC blackhole with a second request.

And also the old requests are gone and I dont think they will re-open those requests. If in case they open it after say decades then we might be called for interviews again for the GC. Thought we might be citizens by that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did u check lately with the INFOPASS about your namecheck

I agree with michvin. I've been stuck in name check since April 2006. There were 20,000 cases transferred from the VSC to the TSC, mine included. I just don't see how the second name check request is a positive. If they couldn't process my name check in an entire year, I don't understand how they'd be able to process it any faster with a second request. Another thing to note is that this also risks that the derivatives who were cleared might potentially get stuck in name check, such as my wife who had her name check cleared in about three weeks. She could potentially join me in this black hole given the second name check request initiated on her. This is just bizarre.

We can confirm this theory as the Immigration office in my prevoius INFO pass was right in saying this second name check initiation by the TSC.

I would encourage you to do that or atleas try contacting the senator/congressman so that you get the clear picture about the namecheck in your case.

We can confirm this theory as the Immigration office in my prevoius INFO pass was right in saying this second name check initiation by the TSC.

I would encourage you to do that or atleas try contacting the senator/congressman so that you get the clear picture about the namecheck in your case.

Hi va_lc_case,
Not since an Infopass in late March. I did receive an 'in process' letter from the FBI/DoJ in regards to my request to the First Lady as I posted a few days ago. That was late April. I did use the POJ to talk to a TSC rep and between chatting about the lack of good BBQ in Northern New England, she mentioned that, quote: it shouldn't be too long now....after my statement that last I knew I was stuck in the name check and if that statement is still valid. She said yes, but did say that it shouldn't be too long now. We were having a nice conversation and she seemed hesitant to discuss the name check status further, so I did not press on that too much.
I'm expecting a call from my senator's office within a week or two since they had sent the Feds a status check as well. As of April my congressperson's office reported that the TSC Congressional Liaison's office said that I was still pending name checks.
But, you're probably right. Time for an Infopass appointment.

LUD did not change after FP Code 01

shas123 ,
After how long has your LUD changed after you did FP Code 01 ?

This is better because the tape drvies on which our previous NC/SC requests were sent were lost somewhere otherwise there is no way that our NC/SC's could take years to process unless our names are similar to those of the terrorists. This is good for the transered cases becuase our cases got a chance to get cleared from this NC/SC blackhole with a second request.

And also the old requests are gone and I dont think they will re-open those requests. If in case they open it after say decades then we might be called for interviews again for the GC. Thought we might be citizens by that time.
These lost tapes... Is this a guess or you know something? Yor name can be completely different from the suspect :) the problem is that they use very strange algorithm to modify your name. I once saw a list of hits for someone's name: there were names that has NOTHING in common with the original, so go figure. Regarding infopass: I went to infopass about a year ago. Was told that namecheck is clear. Called VSC (back then you could talk to officers and not with "customer service") and was told that i'm stuck in a namecheck. Went to infopass again - stuck in namecheck. I wouldn't count too much on infopass.

Yes, I know a case whose NC/SC was lost as it on missing tape

These lost tapes... Is this a guess or you know something? Yor name can be completely different from the suspect :) the problem is that they use very strange algorithm to modify your name. I once saw a list of hits for someone's name: there were names that has NOTHING in common with the original, so go figure. Regarding infopass: I went to infopass about a year ago. Was told that namecheck is clear. Called VSC (back then you could talk to officers and not with "customer service") and was told that i'm stuck in a namecheck. Went to infopass again - stuck in namecheck. I wouldn't count too much on infopass.

This was the response on one of our friends case from the senators office. USCIS records showed that they requested the NC/SC and FBI siad they did not recieve it then they revealed that either while some migration/some process(I dont remember) they might have lost the information(from missing tapes). It took almost six months but it got cleared from the NC backhole for him.

Anyway, my point was the IO at the Infopass somehow slipped this word that they re-requested the NC/SC from FBI for all the transfered cases and most of them got back in no time. Thats why I said it is good/positive. Nothing more than that.

This was the response on one of our friends case from the senators office. USCIS records showed that they requested the NC/SC and FBI siad they did not recieve it then they revealed that either while some migration/some process(I dont remember) they might have lost the information(from missing tapes). It took almost six months but it got cleared from the NC backhole for him.

Anyway, my point was the IO at the Infopass somehow slipped this word that they re-requested the NC/SC from FBI for all the transfered cases and most of them got back in no time. Thats why I said it is good/positive. Nothing more than that.

Oh my friend,
I sincerely do hope that you're right and it's for good. It's just that knowing USCIS for couple of years prevent me from being too optimistic and consider changes they introduce as good...

satyshu,

my case is bit complicated and as of today the message says my file has been transferred to TSC from NSC for processing. Probably it won't suit anybody I think.

Hello Good_Y
i did my FP2 code-1 on 05/05/07:

LUD: 05/07/07,05/08/07

Good news for you that your file is touched. For us who do not have LUD change we might still stuck in name check, so TSC will not touch our case even we did FP2.

I just finished my FP2 around 9:30 am this morning and got 2 emails at 10:30 from CIS, stating my case is transferred to another office for further processing
A local office? Or the same old message about being transferred to Texas?

Like you, I did FP on the morning of May 4th and got an email the same day, but it was the same old message about being transferred to Texas; a message I already received a couple months ago.