TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Legally you are entitled to make the move, but you have to prove the new job is similar in nature and some other stuff, which always has certain risk associated with it. So if I were you, since your case is right there within a couple months to reach processing dates, I'd wait a few more months and see what happens. But this is just me, always err on the safe side :) And it is possible that name check can take a year or more to clear.

If you absolutely can't take your current job any longer or the new one is a rare and perfect opportunity for your career, that is another story. In this regard, I'm always an advocate of not letting GC get in the way too much, life goes on without GC :)

I'm sure you already know everything I was talking about here but just need more opinions to make a difficult decision like this. So whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best.

Hi all –

Is it advisable to move out of my current job after April 27th 2007 (6 months after the approval of EAD) and work using my EAD or would you suggest to wait until my 485 is approved? What are you personal thoughts given that many of us here are in similar situation.

Thanks
Krish Srini

Oficcially in the background check.

Just got a letter from TSC (in response to my call from 2/26), dated 3/28.

Here's what it says:

The status of this service request is:

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete.

No word on any dates/timeline...
Looks like this is the time to write to the First Lady - both Senators refused to do anything since the case is not pending for two years or more yet...
Well, with their great help it may very well be...

Thanks for the update. Did you see a change in your LUD recently when they mailed you the response?

Here's what it says:

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete.

Looks like this is the time to write to the First Lady - both Senators refused to do anything since the case is not pending for two years or more yet...

Here's what it says:

Last week, I received an identical letter from USCIS Heaquarters IN RESPONSE TO my letter to the First Lady.

Here's what it says:

Azazello - can you post your case details? Also, which Senators did you contact. It would be helpful to figure out the Senators that are helpful and those that are not. In your case, unfortunately, it seems like the senators were not very helpful.

Thanks Zgreen. I've been contemplating what to do...surely your thoughts help me.

cheers

Legally you are entitled to make the move, but you have to prove the new job is similar in nature and some other stuff, which always has certain risk associated with it. So if I were you, since your case is right there within a couple months to reach processing dates, I'd wait a few more months and see what happens. But this is just me, always err on the safe side :) And it is possible that name check can take a year or more to clear.

If you absolutely can't take your current job any longer or the new one is a rare and perfect opportunity for your career, that is another story. In this regard, I'm always an advocate of not letting GC get in the way too much, life goes on without GC :)

I'm sure you already know everything I was talking about here but just need more opinions to make a difficult decision like this. So whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best.

RFE on I131 - Help Please

Hi,

First of all thank you for the response. I had a better luck with FBI this time around. We were told that our finger prints were returned to TSC the next day. Unfortunatly with TSC I got some one who was not so helping, we were told that our case is fairly new so they cannot provide any information. Will try again tomorrow to see how things go, will keep you guys posted.

Finally I was able to speak to a nice person at TSC. She told us that there was an RFE issued for my wife's I131, is this normal? We still have not received the RFE. What do you guys think could be the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Finally I was able to speak to a nice person at TSC. She told us that there was an RFE issued for my wife's I131, is this normal? We still have not received the RFE. What do you guys think could be the problem?

Thanks for your help.

I would suspect that they are asking for new photos or new copies of I-94 etc(if they are not clear enough).

It should be easy. Dont worry.

...It would be helpful to figure out the Senators that are helpful and those that are not...

I don't think so. If you seek help from senators/congressperson it must be from the one representing your state/district., not from those that are "helpful". So, those of you in large population states (CA,NY,IL, etc...) are probably screwed given that the staff have many other matters to attend. Plus, if you're stuck in name-check then there's nothing anyone can do, not senators, not first lady (see previous post from TSCEB2Current), nobody, other than confirming or finding out that you are indeed stuck in name-check.

I don't think so. If you seek help from senators/congressperson it must be from the one representing your state/district., not from those that are "helpful".

That's right. See for example whatever senators' websites and their online mail forms (if they have any). You'll most likely see their messages to the effect that they will respond to their states' residents only.

To Krish Srini

To tell you the truth dear, I like playing safe at this stage of the process. Yes legally you are entitled to move on but you have been able to stay this long few more weeks won't kill you. I'd say wait for you GC and move on. I have read about people who received a NOD after 181 days from USCIS because their employer was going to revoke their I-140...then they have to fight to prove that they have been there for more than 180 days...Believe me it wasn't easy. So do you want to take a chance?

Good Luck,

Non-Retrogressed Country All Forms sent to Nebraska and transfered to Texas within a couple of days.
PERM EB2 Filed 10/05/06 AD: 11/15/06
I-140
RD: 02/20/07;PP; AD:02/28/07
I-131 RD: 03/16/07 LUD: 03/19/07; 03/29/07; 03/31/07; AD: 04/05/07
I-485
RD: 03/16/07 LUD: 04/06/07
FP ND: 03/26/07 Done: 04/06/07

I don't think so. If you seek help from senators/congressperson it must be from the one representing your state/district., not from those that are "helpful". So, those of you in large population states (CA,NY,IL, etc...) are probably screwed given that the staff have many other matters to attend. Plus, if you're stuck in name-check then there's nothing anyone can do, not senators, not first lady (see previous post from TSCEB2Current), nobody, other than confirming or finding out that you are indeed stuck in name-check.

I know that, I guess I was just indirectly trying to ask what state the person was from. If he/she is from the same state as me, then I'll know not to bother with contacting my representative senators. It would be useful to have information by state in a separate thread I guess, so that people can share their experiences contacting senators and congressmen in their respective states and districts, but that may be asking for too much information..

NIW-Engineer

many people here got their name check cleared after they wrote to first lady. tsceb2current is unlucky but some are. so don't generalise and close all doors. some people were succesful in clearing their names,but it is all about luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
NIW-Engineer

many people here got their name check cleared after they wrote to first lady. tsceb2current is unlucky but some are. so don't generalise and close all doors. some people were succesful in clearing their names,but it is all about luck.

I agree with antonioa77. There are people who have got help from first lady or even congressmen. So I dont think we should discourage people because some senators are not helping. Again its depends on your luck.

Case transferred from VSC to TSC - LUD 03/09

Gurus please advice if I need to follow up on my case, its been ages there is no update except for this one where they moved it to Texas. I checked with FBI long ago to know that my case is cleared. Will it help if I check through Infopass or they'll give me the obvious reason " Visa is not available" :mad: :mad: :mad: . Please advice. Thanks.

Gurus please advice if I need to follow up on my case, its been ages there is no update except for this one where they moved it to Texas. I checked with FBI long ago to know that my case is cleared. Will it help if I check through Infopass or they'll give me the obvious reason " Visa is not available" :mad: :mad: :mad: . Please advice. Thanks.

Ur PD is not due yet . so u can't do anyhting yet.

when ur name got cleared? and how it cleared? did anyone helped u in clearing it or it cleared by itself?

I did a casual enquiry with FBI sometime in 2005, they sent me a letter saying its all clear for both of us.
So you are saying its just wait wait & wait...now that they have consolidated the service centers for I-485, don't you think there will be a movement in processing dates????? trying to find hope....

I did a casual enquiry with FBI sometime in 2005, they sent me a letter saying its all clear for both of us.
So you are saying its just wait wait & wait...now that they have consolidated the service centers for I-485, don't you think there will be a movement in processing dates????? trying to find hope....

ur problem is not because of the uscis. ur problem is because ur case is eb-3 with PD 10/2002 (india) whereas the visa bulletin for such category is sometimes in 2001. so ur pd is not current. until ur PD become current, nothing will happen to your case. hope it is clear for u now.

Tracker Update

Please update my info in the tracker. Thanks,

Labor: EB2 PD -08-12-02, AP- 12/01/06 (PBEC)
I-140/I-485/I-765: ND- 01/12/07 (TSC)
FP: 02/01/07 (Me & Spouse)
I-140: AD- 03/15/07
I-765: AD- 03/26/07 (Me & Spouse)
Fingerprint check: Sent back to USCIS on 02/01/07