• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

First VB for 2015 dv winners!

Yeah, not even "directed at" anyone.

Just after my infamous infopass (August 1) I was phoning around trying to get help and I heard the recording then - which I remember I had also read - so probably where this was posted.

What a wild year it has been. DV2015 is going to be almost as wild...

What do you mean wild? I am a DV2015 selectee and don't know much about DV2014. Is that going to affect 2015 winner anyhow?

What do you mean wild? I am a DV2015 selectee and don't know much about DV2014. Is that going to affect 2015 winner anyhow?

Dv2014 was an emotional roller coaster. In recent years, there were enough visas for everyone, but DV 2014 showed that there are no longer sufficient visas to meet demand.DV 2015 will be the same.

Sunny Girl, truthfully speaking it is difficult to predict how DV2015 will turn out based on the erratic nature of DV2014. For those with high case numbers, the hope is that the response rate remains low. I also think that DV2015 will be slightly better managed than DV2014 as they will certainly have evaluated the methods used and will adjust accordingly.

Sunny Girl, truthfully speaking it is difficult to predict how DV2015 will turn out based on the erratic nature of DV2014. For those with high case numbers, the hope is that the response rate remains low. I also think that DV2015 will be slightly better managed than DV2014 as they will certainly have evaluated the methods used and will adjust accordingly.

We spent quote a few months debating whether DV2014 would have a low response rate. Without any reason to cause the low response rate, that won't happen. The only global change that could affect things is the introduction of the DS260. It might have thrown a few people off, particularly in areas without good internet usage - but I wouldn't bank on that factor.

As for better managed, well for all our annoyance and confusion, it is obvious that KCC are going to bring in the numbers in every region and globally. That is well managed from their point of view. We don't like the result, but in reality they did little wrong. The only thing they might be criticised fir is not imposing a limit on Iran and Nepal sooner, to the detriment of the rest of Asia...

Simon,many thanks,can u explain about this sentence :" The only thing they might be criticised fir is not imposing a limit on Iran and Nepal sooner, to the detriment of the rest of Asia... " what is the meaning of it?

Simon,many thanks,can u explain about this sentence :" The only thing they might be criticised fir is not imposing a limit on Iran and Nepal sooner, to the detriment of the rest of Asia... " what is the meaning of it?

In DV2014 Iran and Nepal accounted for a huge percentage of the cases up to around 10K. So - for every 100 cases 40 were Nepal, 40 were Iran and 20 were for the rest of Asia. So, the rest of Asia had many embassies doing no DV cases while Nepal and Iranian cases were processed (mostly in just 4 embassies). The progress was determined by (most of all) the Nepalese cases and the Nepal embassy. That is wasteful of the resources (other embassies) and meant the rest of Asia cases might not have time to process to get Asia to its real limit. Then Nepal reached their country limit in August - causing Nepal embassy capacity to be wasted for the last 6 weeks of the year.....

Simon,many thanks for u'r answering, i didn't receive my second letter yet, that schedule interview, my case is current in the first part up to 2500 for Asia, what do u think about this delay for the sending of the SL?

Simon,many thanks for u'r answering, i didn't receive my second letter yet, that schedule interview, my case is current in the first part up to 2500 for Asia, what do u think about this delay for the sending of the SL?

The volume of DS260 forms that must be processed is causing delays. Others have reported the same...

Hi Simon, I've been randomly selected for DV2015. My CN is 2015AF780**. I'm from Morocco. Any chance for interview?
I know that the cut-off number for DV-2014 was 81,100. Compared with DV-2014, do you think the cut-off number for September 2015 will increase or decrease?

thanks

Hmmm that is a tough one. The AF cutoff was lower than most of us expected. So, basing a guess on that seems risky. However, I do think that the exclusion of Nigeria has a big impact. As well as the additional visas that will be available, there will also be a lot less holes. One factor is positive, the other negative. It is very difficult to predict what impact that will have for AF. So, you will have to wait and see....

Good luck!

hi Simon, alot of 2014 cases from Iran could not receive their visa, now, what do you think about the 2015 cases condition? condition will be better for Iranian applicants? or ...

Last edited:
hi Simon, alot of 2014 cases from Iran could not receive their visa, now, what do you think about the 2015 cases condition? condition will be better for Iranian applicant? or ...

Probably a repeat for Iran. Lots of AP cases and a lowering of the final visas issued compared to previous years.

Hi Simon,is there any good news about the applicants SL? is there any anybody has received his or her SL up to now?

Hi Simon,is there any good news about the applicants SL? is there any anybody has received his or her SL up to now?

Some people have got their 2NL (second notification letter) for interviews in October. However, the delays in processing have meant many people who were current in October will now have November interviews. 2NLs for November will be coming out in a couple of weeks time.

Hello Simon...i need help my heart is palpitating..a friend called me sayin he read people with case numbers higher than 56000 wil not be called up...is that true? cause i am 69xxx nd m pretty scared