• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

Hello to all && Congrats to everyone who is a winner n all those who has already got there visas.

my question is:
1) my case number is 2017OC88*, when can i expect my interview?
2) is there anyone from Fiji who has gone through with the interview and it was successful, pls i would like to know the experience during your interview.

im so excited and nervous at the same time. and this is also the first time experience in all these.

Congrats Tiiah

According to the previous visa bulletins your number is most likely to be current in the month of April. However it depends on when you actually submitted your DS260 as well.

I am from Fiji and my case number is in the early 500's. Due to some personal commitments I am trying to delay my submission of DS260 until the end of February to buy myself some time as I want to be interviewed sometime in July/August. If you go through the previous threads you can see two winners from Fiji discussing about their journey from winning the lottery to interviewing. I think there is one in the OC 2015 thread and one in the OC 2016 thread.

If you do get scheduled for an interview before I do, please share your experiences.

So exciting reading through all of the success stories on here! Congrats to all of you who have gotten approved!!!!
My number is in the 600's, I haven't been notified about an interview yet... just wondering if there is anyone else in the 600's who still hasn't heard about their interview date in Sydney?...

Congratulations to all approved yesterday!

I have a slightly bizarre question, and not sure if anyone here will have experience or be able to shed any light. My CN is current, but I submitted slightly late (July, then unlocked and resubmitted in September/October) so may get notification any time now or in the next couple of months.

As I've mentioned here previously, while I have some concerns about the current status of the US, I want to keep pursuing my application because I've wanted to move to the US for years. Like many others on this forum, I know what the people of the US are like, and I know that the country is a wonderful place, generally speaking. But I'm also considering my options given the uncertainty of immigration rules at the moment, and I'm trying to find out if there are any negatives to voluntarily surrendering PR status once (if) it is granted. Has anyone had any experience with this, or knows someone who has?

I've researched the process, and it all seems fairly straightforward, but I'm more curious about any implications going forward (i.e. difficulties visiting the US for holidays, etc). I ask, not because I'm considering doing this, but because I think it's wise to know all of this (much like being aware of the obligations PR carries!).

Thanks guys, I know it's an unusual question for people on a forum about OBTAINING residency! :D

So exciting reading through all of the success stories on here! Congrats to all of you who have gotten approved!!!!
My number is in the 600's, I haven't been notified about an interview yet... just wondering if there is anyone else in the 600's who still hasn't heard about their interview date in Sydney?...

I'm in the 600s for Sydney and also haven't had my 2NL yet :)

After postponing my interview, I've sent an email to the Sydney consulate to ask for another interview, as per their earlier instructions. I haven't received anything back (no automated response) and my 2NL still reflects the date of my previous interview (Jan 10)

Wondering if anyone has been through this process of trying to reschedule an interview after postponing it. Do I need to do anything else to follow up?

After postponing my interview, I've sent an email to the Sydney consulate to ask for another interview, as per their earlier instructions. I haven't received anything back (no automated response) and my 2NL still reflects the date of my previous interview (Jan 10)

Wondering if anyone has been through this process of trying to reschedule an interview after postponing it. Do I need to do anything else to follow up?

The 2NL won't get updated. The 2NL is KCC handoff to the embassy. The embassy now control your case. They will schedule your case when they can. I've known the Sydney embassy to do that quickly, and I have known them offer a new interview after weeks/months. Now that you have crossed a month end, the embassy will have surrendered your allocated visa slots. So - when you do get your interview there will most likely be a delay after the interview while they get a new visa allocated to your case (unless they can apply the allocation of a refused case within that month to your case).

You don't need to do anything more at this point, but nag the embassy if you haven't heard anything after a few more weeks.

Entered the U.S today! Starting my new life in America with 6 months in Hawaii, because why not...

In light of recent events, I feel very aware of my privilege - that is certainly not lost on me.

Congrats on this new beginning.

I received a response from the U.S consulate in Sydney, but it seems they've sent me communication intended for someone else. Their answer to my question about rescheduling dates instead answered someone else's question that is not in any way relevant to mine.
So odd. Has anyone else seen this happen?

I received a response from the U.S consulate in Sydney, but it seems they've sent me communication intended for someone else. Their answer to my question about rescheduling dates instead answered someone else's question that is not in any way relevant to mine.
So odd. Has anyone else seen this happen?

Has anyone seen government staff demonstrate some "confusion". Frequently.

Nah, I think it's a standard thing so you don't start bugging them. We also got told 6 months when we landed in Dec 2013 and the cards took just under 2 months at that stage.

Quick question for those who interviewed in Sydney - did they request to see your CV/Resume? I haven't updated mine in about 5 years and might not get the chance before my interview on Tuesday.... Was it necessary??

Also, I remember reading about mixed reports on providing proof of savings, money, investment properties etc - I would like to bring at least something, just in case, but I have a feeling it isn't essential?

We didn't have to bring a CV/Resume but I believe they do ask for that now.

Also, with proof of savings, it doesn't hurt to bring something. They may or may not look at it, but at least you have it if they do want it.

Another month of a small rise in the visa bulletin cutoff. The pace hasn't been this slow for OC in years :(