• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

I tell you, @SusieQQQ, we were not happy.

We were travelling premium economy and there were eight of us in the cabin in total. It's not like the hosties had to work hard on that flight with 8 passengers versus the usual 40. But it was a super rough flight, delayed for three hours in Melbourne after two aborted takeoffs and then they had to fly through some pretty bad weather conditions to make up the time. By the end of it, EVERYONE wanted off that plane.

By the time we got to LAX, they were just over it and said 'He can throw it out when he gets into customs'. Poor dear. We took all the carry-ons, including his backpack, while he carried his little sick bag. Thankfully, as soon as we got into immigration, that official saw us, clocked what had happened and got us through quickly. And got rid of his sick bag too.

It boggles my mind that you'd be made to hold on to a full barf bag for heaven knows how long on a long distance flight ....remind me never to fly qantas :D
I think most airlines like to ignore basic bodily functions (look at how few toilets they provide on a plane!) - a friend of mine had a similar experience to EmilyW on a Virgin Australia flight MEL-LAX, and I was on a Delta flight MCO-LAX once where the pilot had the seatbelt sign on for about two hours towards the end of the flight (I swear he just forgot to turn it off because it was only slightly bumpy for most of that time). By the time he turned it off, there was a queue to the toilet, which I didn't get to the end of before he turned the sign on again for landing. Being LAX, we got stuck on the tarmac waiting for a gate. I called the hostess twice because I was that desperate for the loo. I told her I was about to make a mess on the seats if I didn't get up, she said she couldn't stop me from getting up, but any injuries I get from the plane suddenly moving would not be her fault. I said I'd take my chances....

I tell you, @SusieQQQ, we were not happy.

We were travelling premium economy and there were eight of us in the cabin in total. It's not like the hosties had to work hard on that flight with 8 passengers versus the usual 40. But it was a super rough flight, delayed for three hours in Melbourne after two aborted takeoffs and then they had to fly through some pretty bad weather conditions to make up the time. By the end of it, EVERYONE wanted off that plane.

By the time we got to LAX, they were just over it and said 'He can throw it out when he gets into customs'. Poor dear. We took all the carry-ons, including his backpack, while he carried his little sick bag. Thankfully, as soon as we got into immigration, that official saw us, clocked what had happened and got us through quickly. And got rid of his sick bag too.

I'm pretty sure sick bag is not on the list of ...um...organic items allowed into the US. It certainly wouldn't be allowed to pass customs into Australia!!!

Well, I see on britsimon's website people are receiving their 2nl. Just logged in, and none for me yet, which I think I'm ok with. I really didn't want to be stuck with a date that I couldn't attend and have to reschedule. Keeping my April free!

Does anyone know how to request a change of interview date? I did see a post on it but for some reason the search function isn't working

I've been scheduled for March and it's 50/50 if I'd be able to attend so wanted to explore the option to see if it's possible for a date change for Sydney and f anyone had any experience

Does anyone know how to request a change of interview date? I did see a post on it but for some reason the search function isn't working

I've been scheduled for March and it's 50/50 if I'd be able to attend so wanted to explore the option to see if it's possible for a date change for Sydney and f anyone had any experience

You contact the embassy. Sometimes it gets rearranged easily - other times people have experienced long delays.

Well, I see on britsimon's website people are receiving their 2nl. Just logged in, and none for me yet, which I think I'm ok with. I really didn't want to be stuck with a date that I couldn't attend and have to reschedule. Keeping my April free!

I'm the same. I'm in the 600s so I've been prepared to receive my 2NL since late December, but I'm almost relived that I haven't had it scheduled yet. I submitted originally in June I think, and then unlocked and didn't resubmit until October (I think) due to a "swinging in the breeze" employment situation. I'll be interested to see when I actually get scheduled...

You contact the embassy. Sometimes it gets rearranged easily - other times people have experienced long delays.

Thank you. Does anyone happen to know the email address for the Sydney conuslate? I've been trying to call the number but just keep being put on hold when asked (30mins+)

No it won't be hence asking for the email. If t doesn't get rescheduled then it doesn't get rescheduled. At this point in time I won't be moving to the states as I want to stay in Aus but am going through the process to give myself time incase I change my mind. I'm happy either way :)

@socialcasualty Yes only thing to do is that cheesy line printed on every trinket known to mankind ("keep calm and carry on"). If I haven't a date set once the April interviews have gone out though.. that's when I will allow myself to panic! :p

@socialcasualty Yes only thing to do is that cheesy line printed on every trinket known to mankind ("keep calm and carry on"). If I haven't a date set once the April interviews have gone out though.. that's when I will allow myself to panic! :p
My fiancé always says 'hurry up and wait'. That's what this feels like hehe I'm not in a rush to move, but I am keen to have the approval behind me so I don't have to keep thinking 'i hope I don't forget a document... Or miss a plane... Or screw up some other way... '

OC-ers, while people from the OC are rejected, it's been years since someone who has used this forum from the OC has been rejected. From memory, the last one was a guy from 2014 who was rejected because he didn't meet the education / work experience requirements. We are so good that we haves successfully executed the triple salchow of DV Lottery manoeuvres (claiming eligibility through parents' country of birth) TWICE.

Having said that, and knowing that the odds were stacked in our favor, this was me the whole time leading up to the interview:

d4a.gif

And then this was me ten minutes after the approval:

1302430.jpg

OC-ers, while people from the OC are rejected, it's been years since someone who has used this forum from the OC has been rejected. From memory, the last one was a guy from 2014 who was rejected because he didn't meet the education / work experience requirements. We are so good that we haves successfully executed the triple salchow of DV Lottery manoeuvres (claiming eligibility through parents' country of birth) TWICE.

Having said that, and knowing that the odds were stacked in our favor, this was me the whole time leading up to the interview:

d4a.gif

And then this was me ten minutes after the approval:

1302430.jpg

LOLOLOL

Now that the dust is settled on the new POTUS and the executive orders are rolling in, wondering if anyone is second guessing their green card win/rethinking a possible move?

I'm seeing comments on Twitter about people from Muslim countries being denied entry even WITH green cards (no way to corroborate this is 100% true just yet, but see here and here for some examples) and I've seen news reports that Trump is considering removing the visa waiver program for Australians, meaning they'd have to have consulate interviews even for a three week holiday.

Just wondering what people are thinking now that he's really pushing these immigration reforms.

I'm seeing comments on Twitter about people from Muslim countries being denied entry even WITH green cards
Trump does worry me, no doubt about that, but these tweets don't mention why the people were denied reentry. Could have been for a reason unrelated to Trump's plans (eg. stayed outside of the country for too long).

I've seen news reports that Trump is considering removing the visa waiver program for Australians, meaning they'd have to have consulate interviews even for a three week holiday.
Well, that would just be silly, but then again...look at who we're talking about (having said that, I haven't seen anything like that, got a link?)