• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

My number is finally current! Submitted Ds260 in May and resubmitted in October, let's see when i get my notification/interview :)

@lottic Maybe because you resubmitted in October you might need to wait an extra month.. According to britsimon's update April interviews will be for those who submitted just after early Sep?

My number is finally current! Submitted Ds260 in May and resubmitted in October, let's see when i get my notification/interview :)

I'm in the 600s and submitted in July, then unlocked and resubmitted in September/October. I still haven't received my 2NL. You may end up waiting a little longer, just a heads up :)

@lottic Maybe because you resubmitted in October you might need to wait an extra month.. According to britsimon's update April interviews will be for those who submitted just after early Sep?
Yes, I agree. My number was current for Feb and I'm still waiting for my 2NL.

I'm in the 600s and submitted in July, then unlocked and resubmitted in September/October. I still haven't received my 2NL. You may end up waiting a little longer, just a heads up :)

Yes, I agree. My number was current for Feb and I'm still waiting for my 2NL.

Thanks for the heads up. Massive backlog this year maybe? Hopefully you get yours soon!

I'm approved! I had my interview at 10.15 this morning (though I got there about half an hour early) and I think the two longest parts of the process were going through security and visiting the first window, where the immigration officer goes through your documents to ensure you have everything.

My actual "interview" consisted of the following exchange:
IO: Hi there, congrats on being selected for the DV Lottery. How are you today?
Me: Great thanks sir, how about yourself?
IO: Good. *looks at my documents* So, you've graduated high school?
Me: Yep, 20xx.
IO: What made you want to enter the DV Lottery?
Me: I've always wanted to, since I was a kid, but I was either too young or in Uni. Now was the right time and as luck would have it, I got it first try.
IO: Great. Where are you looking at living?
Me: Probably LA, but where ever work takes me!
IO: Great. So, here are your original documents back and we'll send your visa out in the next week or so.
Me: *stunned blinking*

All of the previous winners were right - the interview is just a page turn if you've got all your documents organised (and if you're sure you qualify).

Good luck to everyone else!

Sorry for the double post, but I also want to add - a HUGE thank you to everyone on this forum for having shared their experiences, and an even bigger thanks to BritSimon and EmilyW for their help last year, when someone thought it'd be great to add themselves to my DS260.

This forum is such a fabulous resource and I really appreciate all the help and support. :)

Sorry for the double post, but I also want to add - a HUGE thank you to everyone on this forum for having shared their experiences, and an even bigger thanks to BritSimon and EmilyW for their help last year, when someone thought it'd be great to add themselves to my DS260.

This forum is such a fabulous resource and I really appreciate all the help and support. :)

Congratulations!!! I was wondering how you got along with all that nonsense you had to go through in the beginning! Hooray!

Congratulations!!! I was wondering how you got along with all that nonsense you had to go through in the beginning! Hooray!

Thank you! I kind of disappeared as I was sooo creeped out and then tried not to get my hopes up as I wasn't sure how all the drama would affect my application. I'm so glad it ended up being ok!

Thank you! I kind of disappeared as I was sooo creeped out and then tried not to get my hopes up as I wasn't sure how all the drama would affect my application. I'm so glad it ended up being ok!

Can't say I blame you! I kept freaking out about mine after that happened to you as well! Haha! So glad it all turned out well for you!

Can't say I blame you! I kept freaking out about mine after that happened to you as well! Haha! So glad it all turned out well for you!
I don't blame you for checking yours either, it was definitely a big wake-up call for a lot of us newbies! I was checking mine every day for the first few weeks after it happened. Have you had your interview yet?

Lol, that's hilarious...and fantastic! Congrats :)

Edit: and it looks like its time to update your signature line - not just selected anymore haha
Hahaha thank you! And yes, very true... I've updated it now. :p

I don't blame you for checking yours either, it was definitely a big wake-up call for a lot of us newbies! I was checking mine every day for the first few weeks after it happened. Have you had your interview yet?

Not yet. Should be in April I think... I guess I'll find out in the next week or two when 2NLs start going out. I submitted late, and then unlocked and resubmitted, so we'll see :)

Hi All, 1st time posters but long time readers. Thanks for everyone's commentary & assistance over the journey, Mrs AppleBound & myself interviewed today in Sydney & thankfully no issues for us & we were approved. Its been a long journey to get here - at least 5 DV Lottery's followed by the waiting game since being selected & now its finally done. Really appreciate everyone's feedback in this forum as it helped out immensely in the preparation for today & planning for our activation trip.

So How'd today go? Despite everyone's feedback of Sydney being 1 of the better embassies to attend it wasn't all roses: unfortunately a guy ahead of us was declined due to country of origin (European but with Australian citizenship) & then a family was placed on AP as they'd hadn't completed a lot of the requirements before attending.

Anyway our process went seamlessly, all the documentation was correct & in the right order so we were in & out in under 40 mins. A young family interviewed & were approved right ahead of us which was a good sign given what else we'd seen. The questions as follows:

IO: Is this your first time applying for DV Lotterry?
Us: Jokingly no its been atleast 5 times (he also laughed)
IO: Whats your highest level of education?
Us: Bachelor of Business, have VCE certificates
IO: You've had a previous marriage, any kids
Us: No
IO: You guys are married now, any kids
Us: No
IO: OK so your visa has been approved & you should get your passports back in a week or so
Us: Ummmm great thanks (secretly thinking where's the balloons, streamers, Gaga performance etc)

We left kind of stunned but also had ride the lift down with the AP family which was really awkward. The whole process was kind of surreal but not half as intimidating since reading this site & Britsimon's

Will probably post more in the next few days once we come back down to earth

Mrs AppleBound & myself interviewed today in Sydney & thankfully no issues for us & we were approved.

Yay, congratulations! :D When are you guys thinking of moving, and where? What time did you interview? There was hardly anyone in there when I interviewed - only myself and one other lady, not counting the "US Citizen Services" section.

Yay, congratulations! :D When are you guys thinking of moving, and where? What time did you interview? There was hardly anyone in there when I interviewed - only myself and one other lady, not counting the "US Citizen Services" section.
We were up 1st thing but we were let in early, 3 others there for Visa's & a family in the Citizens Services off to the right so we had a great vantage point to get a lie of the land. Unfortunately the lack of privacy meant everything played out in front of us. The plan is for NYC but that will depend on job opportunities / timing etc. We'll do the activation trip in next couple of months & begin planning the next steps