1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by MattWatt, May 3, 2016.

1. MattWatt

MattWatt Active Member

With the draw results being imminent, I thought I'd start the next OC thread in preparation.

Good luck everyone, and may the CNs be forever in your favour.

2. MissM88

MissM88 Active Member

Good luck Matt :)

Second time applying (first was a few years ago). I am honestly happy either way now that I have figured out what it is I want to do in Aus I have probably jinxed myself haha

With our time difference, will be nice logging on tomorrow morning to hopefully see some good news for people all over the world :) Hopefully the website won't have issues like last year although wouldn't be surprised lol

Qewty likes this.
  3. MissM88

MissM88 Active Member

JessicaElle and MattWatt like this.
  4. Isn't it supposed to be available already?

5. MattWatt

MattWatt Active Member

Nope. 12pm EDT (US East Coast) - around 10.5 hours from now.

6. MelbourneBen

MelbourneBen Member

Good luck, Matt!! I hope you get selected this year, I know you've been trying for quite a while.

MattWatt likes this.
  7. JessicaElle

JessicaElle Member

Good luck Matt- I'm waiting with bated breath to find out too. Fingers crossed for both of us. :)

MattWatt likes this.
  8. MattWatt

MattWatt Active Member

Thanks guys. Hopefully this will be a good year for all of us here.

9. neko83

neko83 Registered Users (C)

14th year applying, maybe my numbers will come up this year. Although I did "win" in the disaster that was DV2014 but with a case number over 2800.

Living in NY now on E3 visa so at least I won't be waking up at stupid o'clock in the morning to check... Good luck everyone!

Georgia12 likes this.
  10. JessicaElle

JessicaElle Member

How hard did you find it to get the E3 visa, Neko? That's my next point of call, failing to secure a DV.

11. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

This Thread is already getting derailed from its title, so I'm locking it up for now.

Britsimon and MattWatt like this.
  12. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

With the DV 2017 results officially scheduled to be released in the next 30 minutes or so, I'm unlocking this Thread for actual DV 2017 selectees use.

Since I do not want to resort to deleting people's posts or end up permanently locking up the Thread like I was forced to do last year, I'm asking us all to keep this Thread clean for actual selectees to post questions, ask for guidance, or simply share the news about the selection.

LifeChangingWin likes this.
  13. JessicaElle

JessicaElle Member

It must have been beginners luck- I was randomly selected! Case number 7xx. It's 5am and I'm in shock. I don't know whether to be excited or terrified (or maybe I'm just sleep-deprived). Oh my goodness... here we go!

14. Pierre82

Pierre82 Active Member

Good luck and Congrats Jessica. Few people have this kind of luck.

15. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

OC huh. I was waiting for you lot to wake up. Congrats!

16. JessicaElle

JessicaElle Member

Thanks Pierre! I'm still shaking.

Thanks Simon, and yep, OC. :) I want everyone else to wake up and post now!

17. Pierre82

Pierre82 Active Member

If you have a low case number, then make sure you celebrate and prepare for the next steps :D

18. MattWatt

MattWatt Active Member

Congrats @JessicaElle - very happy for you :)

JessicaElle likes this.
  19. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

Cool. Congratulations :)

JessicaElle likes this.