• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

YOu might want to wait for a month - as your sponsor may be working on tax documentation
Mr Britsimon, please can you clarify me on something. I have been reading the department of state website (http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...-visa/interview/visa-applicant-interview.html) for the documents to bring in the interview and the following are listed:
a. Appointment Letter
b. DS-260 Confirmation Page
c. Passport
c. Photographs
d. Medical Exam Results.
e. Original and Supporting Documents (Required DV Qualifying Education or Work Experience, Birth Certificates,Court and Prison Records, Deportation Documentation, Marriage Certificate,
Marriage Termination Documentation, Military Records, Police Records, Custody Documentation)
f. English Translations
g. Visa Fees

I didn't see any Affidavit Of Support listed (form I-134). So I am a little bit confuse?

Mr Britsimon, please can you clarify me on something. I have been reading the department of state website (http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...-visa/interview/visa-applicant-interview.html) for the documents to bring in the interview and the following are listed:
a. Appointment Letter
b. DS-260 Confirmation Page
c. Passport
c. Photographs
d. Medical Exam Results.
e. Original and Supporting Documents (Required DV Qualifying Education or Work Experience, Birth Certificates,Court and Prison Records, Deportation Documentation, Marriage Certificate,
Marriage Termination Documentation, Military Records, Police Records, Custody Documentation)
f. English Translations
g. Visa Fees

I didn't see any AOS listed (form I-134). So I am a little bit confuse?

It is not listed because it is not required in all cases and as I explained earlier it is rarely requested at all in Ghana.

OK - the thread title threw me a bit. You must also have missed the bit where I said:-

"If you are Ghanaian, and interviewing in Ghana..."

Perhaps you could guess what question is on my mind. I'm trying to help, but you are making it hard work....
Sorry for making it hard. I did missed the bit. I am pretty sure that since I am from Cameroon, I will definitely need the form I-134.

@ Moderators & SusieQQQ, can you help me retrieve a friend's confirmation number?

I just found out that a friend at my work place has also been selected for visa processing but his agent is demanding GHC 10,000 from him. The agent collected his details and submited his ds 260 for him in september. so his 2NL came last month, and the agent is demanding his money before handing over his 2NL to him.

From my little knowledge gained from here, i took his date of birth and cross checked with all the case in transit for africa from Global-2-3-2015.xlsx file (from britsimonsays.com). fortunate for me i found his case showing all his detatils in the completed DS 260 form. I then picked the email address on the ds 260 and tried to retrieve his confirmation number from the entrant status check but the email address on the ds 260 is different from what the agent used in the initial registration.

I'm locked up, can you help me? Because that my friend cant afford that money (GHC 10,000) the agent is demanding now.

@ Obj, you will pay the money on the day of your interview. at the embassy. the dollar rate is 3.6 cedis (outside but dont know how much it will be at the embassy)