Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking - SWA Cases

Can someone shed some light on the SWA cases. I filed my RIR labor with Oregon on July 26th 2003. The BEC RIR Q is working on FEB 2003 cases as per ICARUS. Does this mean that mine will be processed when the Q comes to July 2003.

Are the SWA RIR cases treated same as other state approved RIR cases? If so when can I possibly expect 45 day letter for my case. If I do not get the 45 day letter and the Queue moves beyond July 2003 will I be considered later. I am totally confused. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

California SWA cases in BEC

Anybody with California SWA cases that did not make it to regional but got their 45-day letter ?

My case:
SWA - California
PD : 04/29/2004
RD : did not make it
45-day letter : waiting...

Any idea on when can i except the 45-day letter ??
Should I wait with current process or move my case to PERM ??

rirlaborCT said:
This messgage is for DelicateOne,

Actually it looks like your case was entered on 30-july-2005 (which is week end). (D05211-*****)
Interesting BECs are working on week ends????

Are u sure that your PD is Mar'2005 ???
If it is Mar'2005 then BECs must have completed partial data entry as of now??

Please clarify ur PD??
Please provide 2 extra digits from ur case num??

PD March 2005.

D-05211-62XXX

I am happy that it is D not T = Temporary

When should i expect my 45 Day Letter?

Number of cases

Hi DelicateOne,

Looks like they entered around 27,000 cases from 19-july-05 to 30-july-05
So total number of cases entered by both BECs partial + full = 302,000 as of 30-july-05.

It looks like Dallas have opened all CA cases . I do not whether they opened all boxes for other states.??

Are u sure you case did not go to Regional???

I have case num of T05153-51***( entered on 02-june-05 from CT SWA) and waiting for 45 day letters.

We all should receive 45 day letters starting atleast from 1 week of SEP'05

Rir - Ca Swa

rirlaborCT

How do you know that all CA cases have been entered and we can expect the 45-day letter.

My case info:
RIR / EB3
PD : Apr-2004
RD : did not make it
waiting for 45-day letter.

Thanks,

Hi My_GC007,

Based on DelicateOne case num D05211-62*** . ( PD of MAR'2005 CA SWA case).
It means they are very close to finish partial data entry work.
So we all should get 45 day letters soon by early sep'2005.

how can u estimate 45 DL in Sep

They are not going to send out 45 DL till data is entered complete, and Icarus has been saying he expects it go go well in March 2006.
how can u say time taken for temp data entry-> complete data entry won't be long?
Maybe they would start converting temp->complete data as per PDs

Rir - Ca Swa

Hi rirlaborCT

Thanks. Give me some confidence as I was thinking of moving my existing case to PERM.
So I better hold on to my RIR case for now - right ???

RIR - EB3 - CA SWA - case status

I got my case# and I guess its in the system now and I can expect the 45-day letter. Any guesses ???

ETA Case Number: D-05208-51XXX
Priority Date: 04/30/2004
Processing Type: RIR
Processing Center: Dallas BEC
Case Status: Data Review
Case Received Date: 04/30/2004

How did you get your case #. My P.D is 6/2004 EB2 RIR. Would appreciate if you could provide any details.

my_gc007 said:
I got my case# and I guess its in the system now and I can expect the 45-day letter. Any guesses ???

ETA Case Number: D-05208-51XXX
Priority Date: 04/30/2004
Processing Type: RIR
Processing Center: Dallas BEC
Case Status: Data Review
Case Received Date: 04/30/2004

Is this possible?

Our HR representative forwarded this e-mail that she received from the Law Office to is.

"Since we have not received "45-day" letters from the Backlog Processing Center (BPC) on our pending AEC applications, we have decided to be proactive in letting the BPC know that ******* wishes to continue with the processing of its alien labor certification applications on behalf of your foreign national employees. To this end, we have prepared G-28 forms for ***'s signature which we are sending to you today. Once you return the signed forms, we will send letters to both BPCs letting them know you wish to proceed with these applications. We hope that these letters will be attached to the files/applications at the BPCs. As you know, the Centers have over 350,000 cases of which many are still not entered into their computerized tracking system.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and please let your foreign nationals know that we are doing what we can to follow up on their applications."

Is this even possible :confused:

1 Labor Policy

Hi gurus,

I have one Labor filed at CA (PD-3/2002) and another one from IL (PD-1/2004) with the same employer. None of the applications are PERM applications.

CA application is in PBC
IL application is in DBC

In my case with 2 applications, both in BackLog Reduction Centers, it is not clear to me whether

(a) the “last” application (filed from IL) will be chosen for processing (automatically denying the CA application)

or

(b) both applications will be in the queue for processing till one gets approved.

In light of the "1 employee - 1 Labor" policy, please advise which of the above options will be applicable to my case.

Waiting for 45 days letter

sleepless_in_IN said:
Case1: T-05117-XXXXX RIR, PD May-2001, Indiana SWA - NO "D" number and NO 45 day letter*.
Case2: D-05137-XXXXX RIR, PD Aug-2001, Indiana SWA - NO 45 DAY letter*.
Case3: D-05168-XXXXX RIR, PD Apr-2002, Indiana SWA - GOT 45 DAY LETTER!
Case3: D-05172-XXXXX RIR, PD Apr-2002, Indiana SWA - GOT 45 DAY LETTER!

*Cases with no 45 day letters got case numbers from Dallas by sending emails for status or 7th year proof.

If you get a 45 day letter or a case number please keep posting. Thanks!

Here is my information:

PD: 7/2002
State: Oregon
TR
Never made to region
no 45 days letter

DOL Concern with Abuse of the LC Verification Procedure

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) labor certification Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC) have an eMail address available for requesting a screenshot of the date a pending labor certification was filed. This system was begun so that pending labor certification cases could be confirmed to establish eligibility for H1B extensions beyond the six-year limit. The system is apparently being abused by those sending requests that are clearly unrelated to H1B extensions. This misuse is causing delays for bona fide H1B extension applicants.

The Philadelphia BEC reported in July 2005 that they are receiving eMails requesting the case confirmation screen even when the beneficiary is not in H1B status. As a result, the Philadelphia BEC may be delayed in sending the screenshots for legitimate H1B extension cases. The Philadelphia BEC has requested that the eMail address only be used to request screenshots for proof for one-year incremental H1B extensions only.

We presume that people have been utilizing this eMail address simply to verify that a case has reached the BEC. It is certainly understandable that having cases in an untraceable system creates anxiety and even distrust between employer / employee and client / attorney. There are also times when the filing date and proof of the filing date are vital. This is true in cases filed prior to April 30, 2001, for 245(i) qualification. Thus, people may be seeking the proof of filing for purposes of establishing 245(i) eligibility based upon the labor certification filing. The verification system was established, however, for the limited purpose of H1B extensions while the data is being entered into the system. This restriction should be recognized and respected to help everyone in the long run.

On a related but separate matter, we at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy suggest that the DOL may wish to consider permitting verification through the eMail address or another system for other genuine purposes for those who need some verification or are anxious about pending cases. Of course, after the DOL issues all the 45-day continuation letters, the need for the eMail address for H1B extensions is eliminated. The excessive demand for eMail verifications is likely delaying the issuance of the 45-day letters and case processing by the BECs, so it is best to cooperate and use the system sparingly for legitimate cases.

My PD is Sept 17, 2001
Moved to Dallas by March 2005
NON-RIR
7th yr on H1 B

Can any body tell me the status of the the NON-RIR cases please.
thanks

45 days letter

seattle: priority date 11/23/03
did not make it to S.F
08/01/05 45 days letter from Dallas Backlog

shjo68 said:
did not make it to S.F
congrats on the 45 day ltr.
Is it RIR or Non-RIR?
LFGC
CO-Reg-EB3-Mar2002-DBPC-Dec2004-No 45 day ltr

First five digits of ETA Number?

shjo68 said:
did not make it to S.F

Will you please share your details? Will you please tell me your first five digits of ETA Number? D-XXXXX-XXXXX?

THANK YOU.

lfgc said:
congrats on the 45 day ltr.
Is it RIR or Non-RIR?
LFGC
CO-Reg-EB3-Mar2002-DBPC-Dec2004-No 45 day ltr

Thank You.
RIR.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, Thank You.
I will on monday, i don't have it with me now.

Last edited by a moderator: