Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking - SWA Cases

No Case# Yet

Got STANDARD email reply on Case # request from DBEC:

May 3, 2005

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: NOT YET ASSIGNED

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any additional status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications and additional information will be requested from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

Sincerely,
DFLC Backlog Processing Center

Swa Case 12/2001. Never Made It To Regional. I Posted A Note Saying That My Lawyer Told Me She Had Received 30 45-day Letters For Swa Cases. I Was Wrong......they Were All For Cases That Made It To The Regional And Were For April 2001. Sorry About That.

Hi "tellshiva",

I think you and I are in the same boat.

My PD is: May, 2002 (MI, Non-RIR).

I also received the same email response from Dallas BEC saying 'no number has been assigned yet'.

Please let me know if you hear anything about your 45-day letter in the future.

Thanks.

Friends

Applied in Jan 2002 at Missourie SWA under RIR, but DOL rejected RIR and Remanded to State. So it is Non-RIR now.

Received 45 day letter from Dallas BEC on 4/18/05.

So Dallas BEC has started sending 45 day letters for SWA cases.

Email address.

Can you please share the email address for the Backlog processing center?

Thanks.

GCCovet said:
Got STANDARD email reply on Case # request from DBEC:

May 3, 2005

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: NOT YET ASSIGNED

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any additional status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications and additional information will be requested from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

Sincerely,
DFLC Backlog Processing Center

info

DeCgC_007 said:
Can you please share the email address for the Backlog processing center?

Thanks.
Send an email to...

status@DAL.DFLC.US

Subject: Case Status

Company Name:
Alien Name:
SWA:
SWA Receipt Date (Priority Date):
Date Received at Regional Office:
Regional DOL Case Number:

Hope this helps

You are wrong

sleepless_in_IN said:
Your case actually made it to DOL, even though it was remanded to state it is not considered a SWA case (it was opened). SWA cases are those that have just sat at State level and never been opened.

All remanded to state cases are treated as SWA cases as they need to be processed by the State again.. so they will be in the SWA queue, painful but true..

I think it is a SWA case

His case was remanded to State, that means his cases went back to the SWA office.

So his cases should have travelled to BEC in box with other SWA cases.

The fact that he got 45 day letter means they have opened box form his SWA office.

PD : May 2003 RIR-WA
Never Made it to Regional
No 45-day CRNL (Center Receipt Notification Letter) Received

Last edited by a moderator:
Response from DLFC

This is the response I received today for a status enquiry to status@dal.dlfc.us sent on April 23rd .

Dear Requestor,

You have reached the Dallas Backlog Processing Center status inquiry mailbox. At this time, we are unable to provide status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-Day Letter and Selection of Continuation Option letter will be issued on all applications providing a new case ID # and may request additional information from the employer.

If your request is in reference to the following, this information will also be updated.

Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
Change of attorney(or attorney address changes)
Incorrect case closures
H-1B extensions

Aliens seeking status must contact their employer or attorney to obtain information.

For frequently asked questions and status inquiry, please visit the following internet website:

http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/faqs.asp

To obtain general information regarding processing times, please visit the following internet website:

www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

To obtain general information regarding PERM System, please visit the following internet websites:

www.plc.doleta.gov/PERM.DFLC@dol.gov

There is no need to submit multiple requests. The next notices that you will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Selection of Continuation Option letter.

Your patience is appreciated.

Dallas Backlog Processing Center

Details:
PD: Oct 2002
Non-RIR
CA SWA
EB2
Never made it to Regional
45 day letter - None

Philly SWA love letter

I know this is wrong forum, but a little similarity- ray of hope. Found in Philly thread.

juntha said:
25th May 2005, 08:43 PM
juntha
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2005

ok...ok... ok... slow down a little...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am SWA South Carolina May 2001 (didn t even make it regional) and I just received my 45 days letter last monday that i faxed right away. Your discussion about approval of 2001 cases is for Regional or state ?

Thanks
__________________________________________________ _____________
SC SWA, non-RIR
SWA RD (PD): May 11, 2001
45-Day BPC Letter Received: May 21, 2005
45-Day BPC Letter Replied: Mar 23, 2005
Philly BPC Case # P-0502*-*****

Go Philly!!!

I don't know of anyone from SWA who got a 45 day letter from Dallas. Dallas is concentrating more on "certifying" than "data entry" as opposed to philly. SO even though aprovals from Dallas are more(only for regional cases unfortunately for older SWA cases), philly is the one adhearing strictly to FIFO.

Sincerely
PD july 2003
EB2 Indiana SWA
No 45 day letter

Understandable frustation

Sleepless,

Maybe we should keep our fingers crossed. There is still hope from BEC as opposed to "Gene Replogle" who would have sat on our cases till 2008. We would have to see other states PD of 05 being approved at this time. I have started new recruitment for PERm filing. If the SWA cases don't move, I'll withdraw and file PERM.

Reply from DFLC

The auto response from DFLC (after about a month) shows how screwed up they are (I said I filed at Indiana SWA, and they reply referring to Philly cases!):
You have reached the Dallas Backlog Processing Center status inquiry mailbox. At this time, we are unable to provide status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Philadelphia Processing Center files are being transferred to a new system. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-Day Letter and Selection of Continuation Option letter will be issued on all applications providing a new case ID # and may request additional information from the employer.

If your request is in reference to the following, this information will also be updated.

Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
Change of attorney(or attorney address changes)
Incorrect case closures
H-1B extensions

Aliens seeking status must contact their employer or attorney to obtain information.

For frequently asked questions and status inquiry, please visit the following internet website:

http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/faqs.asp

To obtain general information regarding processing times, please visit the following internet website:

www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

To obtain general information regarding PERM System, please visit the following internet websites:

HYPERLINK "http://www.plc.doleta.gov/"www.plc.doleta.gov/

HYPERLINK "mailto:pERM.DFLC@dol.gov"PERM.DFLC@dol.gov

There is no need to submit multiple requests. The next notices that you will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Selection of Continuation Option letter.

Your patience is appreciated.

Dallas Backlog Processing Center
The first link has FAQ's and one of them is about out of sequence RIR cases. They say that once all replies are consolidated, they would go in the FIFO queue as per PDs. Or at least that's what my inference was.

Same reply from Dallas BEC

Got same reply as pzgjxr

I guess they are swamped by these email enquries and are just
sending automated (useless) reply ...

inqsit

CA RIR
PD: sep 2003
Never made it to the regional
No 45 day letter from BEC

Temp case#

Hi,
I got reply from dallas backlog center for my rir to non-rir remanded case in california. Here is the reply I got for my mail to them few days back:

------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Requestor:

The new case number is: T-05140-*****

-------------------------------------------------------------------

PD : 08/21/2001 (RIR CA)
RD : 07/08/2002
Remanded to SWA CA as non-rir : 07/10/2003
No 45-days letter recieved
151-032