• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firts of all ! Sorry moms for highjacking the thread !
Ceux qui vont mourir vous saluent.
I just want to hear from any one who is going through Aos just to report if his Cn is showing on the ceac ? Please help us to figure out this matter ?
Regards
H.Vladek

No worries vladek, but I can confirm to you, AOS cases do not show up on CEAC

Hello Everyone,
Thanks for your posts. It helped me alot.
However, I have one question. In the spreadsheet there was form I-797, Notice of action.
Is this the form that we have to submit or it will be sent from USCIS regarding notice of receipt, rejection, transfer,etc.?
In the official website of USCIS, there was no such form available that could be downloaded.

Please clarify me regarding this.

CN: 2014AS000075xx

It's not applicable to you if you haven't done any other change of status or applied to USCIS for anything from within the US in the past, so don't worry about it.

Hello everyone,
We arrived USCIS field office at about 9.30am, the interview was slated for 10.30am. After the normal check in proceedure with myself and my wife, we went to the waiting hall,after about 45mins, we were called by the interview officer(IO) which was a woman. We followed her to her room, on getting there she offered us to sit down. The first question was, she wanted to know the main applicant, which was me. After that,she began with asking us different question randomly. I guess she was doing this because when i played the lottery i was single. After couple of questions, we sworn the oath, went through the yes and no questions same time with me and my wife. Then came the final part, she ask me when i came to the USA and i told her,that i came in for visiting in April with my wife (B1/B2) visa then i noticed that i won May 1st and after due consultations with USCIS and KCC, i was told that i could do the AOS here, but i should maintain my status before filing the form 1-485, which i did, and i became current October 1st. She was so pleased to hear that,all she said was "Welcome to America". After that she told me she needed a copy of our marriage certificate and also any other document that has both our names on it. at the end of the day,she told mi that everything looks OK, that she will review it one more time, that we will get the decision in the mail. She never ask about our form 1-134(affidavit of suppose) even though the person i was suppose to get it from fail me at the last minute.When we got home our status has changed to card production.
I am using this opportunity to thank most especially some1smom,dvperm,dvlottery and to all my friends in this forum, may God bless you all, am also praying for all the DV lottery winners that God will grant all of you your Green cards. Thanks and God bless.

On I-485, question 1B asks: "Been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, excluding traffic violations".

The excluding traffic violations part is what throws me off. I have only gotten 1 speeding ticket during my whole stay in the US. I was fined $400 for it. Since I was fined, wouldn't I have to say answer YES to that or speeding is part of traffic violations. I also got a handful of parking tickets for expired meters/street cleaning/odd & even days :S

TIA

In general, the answer should be "NO" if it is just a traffic violation with a penalty or fine of less than $500. Speeding is part of traffic violation and since your fine was for $400, then my take is you should tick "NO". However if you're bothered by this selection, you can clarify it with the IO at the time of your interview when they go through the Yes/No questions with you. The parking tickets do not count.:D

Hi Mom, Hexa and others,

I have a questions regarding I-765 form. I'm currently in US with working visa and I intend to include I-765 form in the AOS package, however I'm a bit confused around the following choices. Which one would you advise to use:

a) Permission to accept employment
b) Replacement (of lost employment authorization document)
c) Renewal of my permission to accept employment

On an additional note, where can i get the E-Verify number associated with the company I work. Would generally HR be able to provide that information.

Thx Hexa answering my question:).Please let me make the picture clearer, my husband is in status of pending asylum which he can work in the US. He is running his business last yr but it is not very good. Therefore, I have to show the bank statement and I-134 to show we get support. I don't think I can get 30k for 3 ppl, so 20K+ bank statement, plus I-134 it is good enough for the interview?

I think my#3 question asked not properly, let me ask again, How long should I start to put that amount of money in my acct? I heard that the money should exist in my acct at least 3 months. I know it should be asap, but it would be great if anyone can tell me the number of month.

I dont quite understand "That bank statement should work for this purpose." "That bank statement" u means I just only to show my parents' old bank statement when I applied my master degree? or I have to ask my parents to make a new bank statement for me? Should my parents (not live in US and not us citizen) write a guarantee letter says they can cover my family cost or it is not necessary?

Thank you so much:)

Unlike F-1 where you have to show a specific amount of money (tuition + living cost), there's no specific amount for DV selectees. That 20K in the bank is very likely to be enough if you both have undergraduate degrees, and your pursuing a master's is even better. You see, they're trying to make sure that you can make a living here so you don't burden the government. Having university degrees go a long way in convincing the IO that you'll be able to find a job.

Nobody can tell you how long you should start depositing that money into your account. Some people say 3 months because then you can show 3 bank statements (one for each month).

Your parents' bank statement can help. Of course you need to show a current one, along with the statement from your parent that they're willing to cover your living costs. I believe that statement is needed when you applied for F-1 anyway, so I think you can even use the same letter.

My personal opinion is that money would be the least of your concern. As long as you make sure you're still in status when you submit the AOS, there's little that can go wrong in your case. If they're approving high school graduates from random third world countries, I just don't see them rejecting a master's student in USA.

Hi Mom, Hexa and others,

I have a questions regarding I-765 form. I'm currently in US with working visa and I intend to include I-765 form in the AOS package, however I'm a bit confused around the following choices. Which one would you advise to use:

a) Permission to accept employment
b) Replacement (of lost employment authorization document)
c) Renewal of my permission to accept employment

On an additional note, where can i get the E-Verify number associated with the company I work. Would generally HR be able to provide that information.

You will need to select Option A. This EAD application is different from your current work authorization since it's based on your I-485 application.

The E-verify number should be on a copy of the MOU your company signed with DHS. So yes, talk to someone in your company's HR dept

In general, the answer should be "NO" if it is just a traffic violation with a penalty or fine of less than $500. Speeding is part of traffic violation and since your fine was for $400, then my take is you should tick "NO". However if you're bothered by this selection, you can clarify it with the IO at the time of your interview when they go through the Yes/No questions with you. The parking tickets do not count.:D

Thank you very much for your prompt answer. Sometimes it makes me wonder how you manage to keep tabs on what questions have been answered and which have not. SM1 the Machine & Someone's Mom :D

I-134 Item11

Hi everyone,

I have a emergency question in my I-134. In I-134, Item 11, my sponsor don't know how to answer this question""do not intend to make specific contribution to support of the persons"?

Thank you so much!q

Hi everyone,

I have a emergency question in my I-134. In I-134, Item 11, my sponsor don't know how to answer this question""do not intend to make specific contribution to support of the persons"?

Thank you so much!q

This is soo ironic!! I came on here with the exact same question!! I'm reading around other forums that "intend" is only for people that are applying for a tourist visa and therefore it is not applicable in our case. BUT, we'll wait for someone who has experience in this.

This is soo ironic!! I came on here with the exact same question!! I'm reading around other forums that "intend" is only for people that are applying for a tourist visa and therefore it is not applicable in our case. BUT, we'll wait for someone who has experience in this.

I asked my sponsor to choose "Intend to" with some amount of money that exceeds the required income.

OPT EAD and I485 EAD

This is probably aimed at mom or britsimon but do you know if it is possible to cancel an I-485 EAD application. i filed it with mine, but I won't need it as my current EAD (STEM extension OPT) doesn't expire until september and also I heard it could slow the process down. I don't plan on using the i-485 EAD either... Also I just realized after getting my NOA for I-485 that i've been assigned a different A-number than before. I read something a couple of weeks on here about that... This is the norm I suppose?

thanks.

You will need to select Option A. This EAD application is different from your current work authorization since it's based on your I-485 application.

The E-verify number should be on a copy of the MOU your company signed with DHS. So yes, talk to someone in your company's HR dept

Thank you Mom, for doing this and for helping. I feel thank you is not enough, but really THANK YOU a lot.

Thank you very much for your prompt answer. Sometimes it makes me wonder how you manage to keep tabs on what questions have been answered and which have not. SM1 the Machine & Someone's Mom :D

hmmn ......... "SM1 the Machine" .......... I like that :p ....... :rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much!q

IMO, THE sponsor should select "I intend" - this means the sponsor is guaranteeing that they're willing to support you and will ensure you do not become a public charge (of course, the guarantee is not enforceable either by the applicant or by USCIS if the sponsor does not fulfil any or all of the stated obligations on the form).

I'm not sure why some feel choosing "I intend" is only applicable to those applying for tourist visa since the purpose of filling out the affidavit in the first place is for the purpose of conveying an intention to ensure the applicant does not become a public charge, it's not just for the sponsor to display his wealth, so to say. Admittedly the sponsor has no intention of supporting the applicant, (nor is the applicant expecting to be supported in most cases), and the applicant is only getting it to satisfy immigration requirement.

This is probably aimed at mom or britsimon but do you know if it is possible to cancel an I-485 EAD application. i filed it with mine, but I won't need it as my current EAD (STEM extension OPT) doesn't expire until september and also I heard it could slow the process down. I don't plan on using the i-485 EAD either... Also I just realized after getting my NOA for I-485 that i've been assigned a different A-number than before. I read something a couple of weeks on here about that... This is the norm I suppose?

thanks.

Initiating a withdrawal of the I-485 based EAD application at this stage is likely to cause more delay than letting the approval process continue "as is" IMO. The EAD card approval usually takes anywhere between 1-3 months, since you've already received your NOA, I would say let it be, even if you're not planning on using the EAD card. Regarding the A#, assigning a new one seems to be the norm now, since they're often too lazy to match the applicant with their previously issued A#.

IMO, THE sponsor should select "I intend" - this means the sponsor is guaranteeing that they're willing to support you and will ensure you do not become a public charge (of course, the guarantee is not enforceable either by the applicant or by USCIS if the sponsor does not fulfil any or all of the stated obligations on the form).

I'm not sure why some feel choosing "I intend" is only applicable to those applying for tourist visa since the purpose of filling out the affidavit in the first place is for the purpose of conveying an intention to ensure the applicant does not become a public charge, it's not just for the sponsor to display his wealth, so to say. Admittedly the sponsor has no intention of supporting the applicant, (nor is the applicant expecting to be supported in most cases), and the applicant is only getting it to satisfy immigration requirement.

My sponsor checked " do not intend", hopefully I won't have issues with that.. The way we were seeing it was that for now, I can perfectly support myself, so my sponsor DOES NOT INTEND to support me for that reason. In the event I should have financial problems, the sponsor would then support me, although I would go to my parents first anyway. I'm sure you know what I mean. However, I do see what you're saying.

I am also submitting my bank statements(+W2s for the past 3 years and employment verification letter) instead of pay stubs because I get 2 pay-stubs a month and that would make 12 to print out. The statements show that I am getting paid by my employer and that my parents are supporting me with my tuition expenses(also proved by a letter from my bank in my country); however, they also show that I basically live paycheck to paycheck. Do you think this could be a problem? I am planning to bring a couple pay-stubs to the interview just in case. I know it's not too easy to say, I'm just looking for a second opinion.

Bramb90,

What's your current status? Are you in school and pay tuition and at the same time have an employer? Are you employed by your school? Are you on CPT? Make sure you have not violated the terms of your status.

Status
Not open for further replies.