• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes CBP no longer issue the paper I-94 to travellers upon arrival, however, you can retrieve your I-94 from their website:

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html;jsessionid=dPmjTxXJMQ3mx912XrX1g31nL0nbNlV1y3zZVmywxlVcTgD1S2vX!-60854083

Hello,

I have question regarding the I-94. I last entered the U.S on January 9th 2014 with H4 visa and was not given the form to fill as they used to do the past. As far as I know, they do not give it anymore. One of the required documents to AOS according to the excel sheet is the I-94. I do not have it. Will that be a problem.

Thanks in advaance

Hey guys. Just wanted to give you an update that less than two weeks after we received our green cards we had our first trip to Canada. :)

I can tell you that it appeared the US green card is more revered in Canada than the US. :)

Going into Canada they only checked the green cards and asked very few questions. They didn't even ask us to leave the car. In less than half a minute we passed the border.

Coming into the US they asked us to park the car and enter the building. It took the officer about twenty minutes to go over their systems and be satisfied to let us in. Apparently my wife's school had messed up something on the SEVIS system. The officer said we should contact the school to rectify the issue. He said he made some corrections on his side.

Long story short, the green card does work even if fresh out of the oven. :)

I wish all the members that are still waiting to get their green cards very soon.

Hey guys. Just wanted to give you an update that less than two weeks after we received our green cards we had our first trip to Canada. :)

I can tell you that it appeared the US green card is more revered in Canada than the US. :)

Going into Canada they only checked the green cards and asked very few questions. They didn't even ask us to leave the car. In less than half a minute we passed the border.

Coming into the US they asked us to park the car and enter the building. It took the officer about twenty minutes to go over their systems and be satisfied to let us in. Apparently my wife's school had messed up something on the SEVIS system. The officer said we should contact the school to rectify the issue. He said he made some corrections on his side.

I wish all the members that are still waiting to get their green cards very soon.

Always useful and helpful posts :)
I got a lot of my relatives in canada and I would love to visit them with no hastle !
I can't wait to go to montreal :)

Gotta love CanadiEns :D Thanks for sharing this, I was thinking of hitting up Canada and other spots once I get mine *fingers crossed*

Thanks for the reply.
I am currently in F1 status in US.
I was just curious as it was included in the website of USCIS.

I see. Well, like I noted earlier, it's not on the spreadsheet because it's not applicable to over 90% of those likely to use it. You will notice though that the referenced site in question does not even mention the EAD or Advanced Parole forms (which are free by the way if sent based on an I-485 application). There's an additional fee attached to filing a waiver of inadmissibility and it's adjudication process is totally discretionary.

Well, this is what I call a "feels good to do action", but is not necessarily required IMO. I'm not aware of anywhere on USCIS's website where it says the translated copy or the certification has to be notarized.

You call it "feel good to do", I call it "right thing to do" ;)

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...interview-preparation-required-documents.html

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare.html

Granted these links are for CP, and on the same web site you can also find pages where they do not mention "notarized" at all. Go figure. As you know, USCIS is also not known for its clarity of instructions. So I say "do the right thing."

http://wings.buffalo.edu/intlservices/documents/TranslatorCertification.pdf

Hello,
Hope every one is doing well.
I have another question regarding the diplomas. I'm the primary applicant in the dv lottery application. I can not locate my high school diploma. I think I left it in my home country. However, I have B.S degree from my home country and M.S degree from the U.S. Are these two enough to prove the education eligibility? I know it might be silly question, but I wanna make sure not sending the high school diploma is not a a problem as the high school diploma listed specifically as a requirement.

Another question, my husband is the secondary applicant. He does not have to send a diploma or his I-20s. Right?

Thank you,

Always useful and helpful posts :)
I got a lot of my relatives in canada and I would love to visit them with no hastle !
I can't wait to go to montreal :)

Gotta love CanadiEns :D Thanks for sharing this, I was thinking of hitting up Canada and other spots once I get mine *fingers crossed*

Thanks guys. It's gonna be a breeze to go to Canada with a GC. But the weather was far from a breeze at this time of the year. :)

Very cool indeed. Didn't get much ehy's, but got lots of Tim Hortons. :)

Dang! I was just telling a colleague the other day how much I miss those Tim Bits at Tim Hortons. Would have asked you to bring back a couple of boxes if I knew you was going over the boarder :p Well, hope you enjoyed the Tim Hortons.

You call it "feel good to do", I call it "right thing to do" ;)

Well, if the translation was done in the home country, and it's going to be used for adjustment in the US, I will strongly recommend the applicant include the notarized statement, but if the translation was done by someone in the US, I do not believe it needs to be notarized. Of course we can agree to disagree on this. The applicant should decide on what's best for them.

"You say tomato, I say tomahto. You say potato, I say potahto. Tomato, tomahto, potato, potahto ........." [singing to Louis Amstrong and Ella Fitzgerald :cool:

Hello,
Hope every one is doing well.
I have another question regarding the diplomas. I'm the primary applicant in the dv lottery application. I can not locate my high school diploma. I think I left it in my home country. However, I have B.S degree from my home country and M.S degree from the U.S. Are these two enough to prove the education eligibility? I know it might be silly question, but I wanna make sure not sending the high school diploma is not a a problem as the high school diploma listed specifically as a requirement.

Another question, my husband is the secondary applicant. He does not have to send a diploma or his I-20s. Right?

Thank you,

You can send out your package without the HS Diploma, however, get someone to send over it over before your interview. Some IO's have insisted on seeing it at the time of the interview.

No, your husband is not the secondary applicant, he's your derivative :), so he doesn't need to send or show any school documents, but he still needs to inclued his I-20 to prove that he's maintaining his status.

Thank you for the quick response :)
Actually, my husband is currently on H1 visa. He came to the U.S as F1 student, got his degree, did OPT, and then got his H1 which will expire on August 2015. So, is not his H1 the proof of his status maintenance? does he still need to send his old I-20s (He has so many)?

Thank you

Oh ma bad! didn't realize he's no longer on F status. In that case, sending in the I-20 shouldn't be necessary. However, I would still suggest taking them to the interview though, just in case.

Thank you for the quick response :)
Actually, my husband is currently on H1 visa. He came to the U.S as F1 student, got his degree, did OPT, and then got his H1 which will expire on August 2015. So, is not his H1 the proof of his status maintenance? does he still need to send his old I-20s (He has so many)?

Thank you

Hello everybody,

I need some information about Kansas City Field Office. Has anyone had to deal with this office? Are they fast/slow, accurate/messed up?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.