• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is the latest day to send dsp122?

Hi all
I have the other question but it's from my friend.
She is f1 student and she back to her country in this spring break because of family issue (her brother got married). She came back to us on march 21. Her number is as13xxx. Since her number is quite big and she knows after she sent the dsp122 she should not leave USA, it may cause problem when she gets back. So she decided to send her application after 60 days she back the us (30/60 days policy).
The question is: is it too late for her to send dsp122(first step) on May 21 based on her number as13xxx?

Thank you so much.

I beg to differ! Yes, there is what is called an "original" W2. While it is true that most employees are able to print out copies of their W2s from their online access, the copy mailed out by the employer is referred to as the original copy IMO. The mailed copy is not printed on a regular/standard 8 by 11 paper and it has perforated lines down its middle.

OK, let's nitpick :) W-2 is printed on perforated paper for your convenience, not for originality. It has no seal, signature, or sign to make it "authentic." If you ask your employer for a W-2, they will happily print another one for you on plain paper. Some employers don't even print one any more, they ask you to print yours from their online records. (Same thing for your monthly pay stubs by the way.)

Bottom line is, nobody's gonna bother you for "original" W-2. Do we really have to debate this? :)

About that asylum issue, I just wanted to make sure that they should know their case might not be straight forward. So yes, they need to talk to a lawyer. I just wasn't sure if asylum seekers are allowed to do AOS in other categories. For one thing, consolidating files might take long time, so heads up.

Hi all
I have the other question but it's from my friend.
She is f1 student and she back to her country in this spring break because of family issue (her brother got married). She came back to us on march 21. Her number is as13xxx. Since her number is quite big and she knows after she sent the dsp122 she should not leave USA, it may cause problem when she gets back. So she decided to send her application after 60 days she back the us (30/60 days policy).
The question is: is it too late for her to send dsp122(first step) on May 21 based on her number as13xxx?

Thank you so much.

Technically speaking, there's no deadline for submitting DSP-122 to KCC as long as it's done within the applicable FY. So your friend should be fine sending in her form to KCC in May as planned.

Sorry, try this one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AozhLxh12qzYdDU3WkxHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E#gid=5

If it doesn't work, just go to the first page of this thread and click on the link in the first post. You will find ALL the information you need there, including the medical exam. Kudos to Sm1smom for putting it all out!

I know it doesn't make much sense, but they may require a copy of your high school diploma, so to be on the safe side, I would have a copy and translation ready for it as well.

You can find information about the medical exam on the link above. The costs vary depending on what civil surgeon will charge you and how many shots you already have before coming to them. Look at the list of shots you need and see if you have any immunization records from your home country, or maybe if you did any here in the US - it may save you time and money. Normally, the require a syphilis blood test, tetanus shot, chicken pox shot (unless you had chicken pox in childhood - they normally just take your word for it), MMR, TB, and flu shot (you may not need one though, because the flu season is probably over now). The more you already have proof of by the time you go to the civil surgeon, the better.

Thank You!
Link You gave me does not work :(.
Hhhmmm I have translated my university diploma, so I will have to translate high school diploma too. I will do it, is just weird. In our country is just natural logical if You did not finish high school and passed country exam You can not go to university.
I can not send yet because I don't have my medical exam. I will do it this upcoming week so hopefully will get results fast so I can send it. Do You know approximately how much medical cost?
Thanks again!

If someone is willing to fill out an I-134 for you, I suggest you get it and attend your interview with it as a back up evidence. While being able to show that you have a substantial amount in your account to get you and your wife going, the IO may be legitimately concerned as to how you intend to continue supporting yourself when you run out of your savings, considering the fact that you came into the US on a tourist visa and since getting an EAD card in Nov. 2013, you haven't secured an employment. Of course your educational qualification and work experience may speak favorably for you, and the IO may not think you will have any problem getting a job or supporting your family down the road.

If asked as to how you've been sustaining yourself, you tell the IO exactly what you've been doing. If you've be using your savings to sustain yourself, you tell the IO that, and if someone else has been footing all of your bills, you tell the IO that also.

Hey, SM1 the Machine, I had a question regarding the I-134. My parents are LPR, but they conduct they business back home, so they just live in the US. So, they only filed taxes back home and nothing in the US yet (they became LPR recently) so we got the extension to file taxes. Do you think it will enough if I disclose their bank account with over $30-$40K and have them flat out say that they are willing to sponsor me until I get a job and able to support myself? Because as part of the I-134 form it asks for filed tax receipts and such, but they only have the taxes from back home, and not the US yet. Did everyone who submitted the I-134 had their sponsor include the US tax returns?

TIA

Hello Everyone,

I am currently in F1 status. I was wondering whether it is compulsory to submit affidavit of support in out AOS package.
I inquired USCIS and they told ne that you don't have to.
As I have nobody here in US who could provide me affidavit of support. I was planning not to submit affidavit of support.
Will that be ok?
Need suggestions

Thanks

Case Number: 2014AS00075XX

Finally the wait of 13 month is over after I received my green today. I do not know how I would proceed with the AOS process if one of my friends had not suggested me about this forum last year. People here in this forum have been really helpful. My thanks to all of you who helped me in the process. My special thank to Som1smom for her assistance. I can not imagine how she gets time to answer almost all question posted in this forum with perfect answers. Again you are awesome Som1smom. I wish all the best to all of you in this forum who are waiting for the green card.

Finally the wait of 13 month is over after I received my green today. I do not know how I would proceed with the AOS process if one of my friends had not suggested me about this forum last year. People here in this forum have been really helpful. My thanks to all of you who helped me in the process. My special thank to Som1smom for her assistance. I can not imagine how she gets time to answer almost all question posted in this forum with perfect answers. Again you are awesome Som1smom. I wish all the best to all of you in this forum who are waiting for the green card.

Congratulations Jyamire. Perfect ending to a long journey, ehy? Glad to have been of help to you through it all. Enjoy your new status!

Status
Not open for further replies.