• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Is it necessary to have original W-2s? I can print a copy but dont have any w-2s. And do I need the copy of medical test again? I dont have that either.

Thanks and good night.

Do whatever you can to get the original W2s, but if you can't then attend the interview with whatever you have and hope the IO never request to see the original. As for the medical test, the copy is really for your records, they never ask to see the copy at the time of the interview, but it's a good idea for those who have the copies to always attend the interview with them.

I have two questions:

1. In our package do you think it is OK to send the same photos we sent with DS122 on May 2013, since they are more than 6 months old now?

2. About tax-returns, there are tax-return transcripts and accounts that we can order online, which one should we include in our package?

Following a successful interview, the IO is supposed to collect I-94. Since collecting the I-94 is a strong indication that the application has been approved, some IOs do not collect it if they still want to do some additional review before the final approval is given. Then, there are those who still do not collect it even when the approval is given on the spot by issuing a welcome letter to the applicant, they just forget to do so.

I said all of that to say, there's no big deal if the I-20 is not collected from you. You can either hand it over the next time you travel out or keep it as a souvenir, it really doesn't matter any more once you have your GC.

Thanks to all of you: Sm1smom, C1984, Hexa, Ispe4ak, Uwakings, for your inputs.

We went there today, the IO siad, he doesn't see any decision made yet, he wanted us to be patient. I told him that the interviewing officer explicitly mentioned that we were approved and that we should receive the GC is max 3 weeks. So, as we insisted, the IO wrote an email to our interviewing officer to ask her for an update on our case. Hopefully this would lead to something next week. I have another infopass for the next week Friday, if I don't see any update till that time, I'll request to talk to the interviewing officer directly.
Thank you again and any suggestion, please let me know.
Good luck to everybody :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two questions:

1. In our package do you think it is OK to send the same photos we sent with DS122 on May 2013, since they are more than 6 months old now?

2. About tax-returns, there are tax-return transcripts and accounts that we can order online, which one should we include in our package?

regarding your first question, according to the I-485 instructions, the photos submitted with the package shall not be older than 1 month. For the second question, please look for the input from others.
Good luck :)

Ok, that would be fine,lets see what happens next week..everything is gonna be fine Aria.
Thanks to all of you: Sm1smom, C1984, Hexa, Ispe4ak, Uwakings, for your input.

We went there today, the IO siad, he doesn't see any decision made yet, he wanted us to be patient. I told him that the interviewing officer explicitly mentioned that we were approved and that we should receive the GC is max 3 weeks. So, as we insisted, the IO wrote an email to our interviewing officer to ask her for an update on our case. Hopefully this would lead to something next week. I have another infopass for the next week Friday, if I don't see any update till that time, I'll request to talk to the interviewing officer directly.
Thank you again and any suggestion, please let me know.
Good luck to everybody :)

Aos

What is the best to write for I-134 at question 11?
What do I need from my sponsor except I-134?
Please let me know
thank you

Hi,

Please let me know what to write at question 11 form I-134 and also what else has my sponsor to provide besides I-134?
Please let me know
Thank you so much

Is there such a thing as original W-2? I mean, what makes them original? They're essentially just printed copies, right? What I received from my employer in an envelope is not much different from a copy I made. They don't have signatures or watermarks or anything. Is it really that important to bring the originals to the interview?

Besides, I mailed the original W-2 to IRS along with my state tax return form, as I was instructed. Shall I try to get my employer to give me another original W-2? I requested my W-2's for the previous years and they (my employer) just emailed them to me, and I thought they weren't any different from the original forms in the envelopes.

Do whatever you can to get the original W2s, but if you can't then attend the interview with whatever you have and hope the IO never request to see the original. As for the medical test, the copy is really for your records, they never ask to see the copy at the time of the interview, but it's a good idea for those who have the copies to always attend the interview with them.

Is there such a thing as original W-2? I mean, what makes them original? They're essentially just printed copies, right? What I received from my employer in an envelope is not much different from a copy I made. They don't have signatures or watermarks or anything. Is it really that important to bring the originals to the interview?

Besides, I mailed the original W-2 to IRS along with my state tax return form, as I was instructed. Shall I try to get my employer to give me another original W-2? I requested my W-2's for the previous years and they (my employer) just emailed them to me, and I thought they weren't any different from the original forms in the envelopes.

There is no original W-2. You can get it printed as many times as you want.

Thank you for reply ok so my sponsor has to say "I intend" but intend to do what ? What is the minimum required ?
Should I ask my sponsor for his taxes or W-2/
Please , please let me know

There is no original W-2. You can get it printed as many times as you want.

I beg to differ! Yes, there is what is called an "original" W2. While it is true that most employees are able to print out copies of their W2s from their online access, the copy mailed out by the employer is referred to as the original copy IMO. The mailed copy is not printed on a regular/standard 8 by 11 paper and it has perforated lines down its middle.

To answer your question though, you should still be alright attending the interview with a print out of what your employer emailed you, so don't stress the fact that you've already mailed out the original to the IRS.

Thx Hexa answering my question:).Please let me make the picture clearer, my husband is in status of pending asylum which he can work in the US. He is running his business last yr but it is not very good. Therefore, I have to show the bank statement and I-134 to show we get support. I don't think I can get 30k for 3 ppl, so 20K+ bank statement, plus I-134 it is good enough for the interview?

Thank you so much:)

Didn't anybody catch this? Not sure if he can go for aos, needs further scrutiny.

Anybody ? Mom ?

Well, as long as he was inspected and came into the country legally, I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to adjust status. Of course I would still recommend they speak with a competent immigration attorney to ensure all the i's and t's are dotted and crossed accordingly.

Thank you, Sm1smom! :)

I beg to differ! Yes, there is what is called an "original" W2. While it is true that most employees are able to print out copies of their W2s from their online access, the copy mailed out by the employer is referred to as the original copy IMO. The mailed copy is not printed on a regular/standard 8 by 11 paper and it has perforated lines down its middle.

To answer your question though, you should still be alright attending the interview with a print out of what your employer emailed you, so don't stress the fact that you've already mailed out the original to the IRS.

Hello,
This forum helped me a lot from the beginning. Until now I knew what to do. Since I am doing this without lawyer and my case is a little unusual now I am in moment where I am a little stressed out and confused. I have two questions, please help.
When I found out I won dv lottery I submit all necessary documents to KCC. I did not get any info from them so I email and asked. They respond thank You, KCC received Your information. Please pay the fee $330 per person (me and my wife) etc. So I paid and after couple days I got receipt back that is paid. I did not get anything more so I emailed them with question if I will get any NOA letter. They just respond that KCC received payment, thank You and that is notified about I will be doing AOS. And no longer process my case. My case will now process USCIS.
And here is 1st question, So I did not get any NOA letter. Or that email from KCC is NOA letter?
I am doing medical exam upcoming week because I looked in Visa Bulletin and my case number will be current in May 2014EU29xxx
Second question is what should I do now? Nothing, just wait? Just do my medicals, fill out I-485, (I do have already rest of necessary docs like translated Bachelor's Degree from my county, Birth certificate, Criminal Record etc) and mail it everything with check thru FedEx on the end of April so they can have it in May?
Please help... :(

Hello,

First of all, please refer to the very first post of this thread - click on the link in it and you'll find an online spreadsheet with all the answers. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3ZnZlb1E#gid=5

Go to the sheet called "AOS Process" to find a step-by-step guide of AOS process and "AOS Package" to see what documents you need to mail along with your I-485.

You will need to include your emails from KCC (DV fee payment receipts and email confirming your intention to do AOS) in the AOS package, as well as your medical examination report, but make sure you include all the other documents listed in the sheet that apply to your case.

The NOA letter is not sent by KCC. You will receive it within a couple of weeks (hopefully) after you mail out your AOS package to Chicago Lockbox.

If your case number become current in May, you may ship your AOS package to Chicago Lockbox anytime now. Don't wait until the end of April. In fact, the sooner you mail it out, the better. Just make sure you have all the necessary documents enclosed so that don't reject it. Your priority right now is to mail it as soon as possible though.

P.S. I don't think you need to worry about a criminal record if you're doing AOS, but you may want to include a copy of your high school diploma, even if you have a bachelor's degree. Make sure all your translations are certified.

Hello,
This forum helped me a lot from the beginning. Until now I knew what to do. Since I am doing this without lawyer and my case is a little unusual now I am in moment where I am a little stressed out and confused. I have two questions, please help.
When I found out I won dv lottery I submit all necessary documents to KCC. I did not get any info from them so I email and asked. They respond thank You, KCC received Your information. Please pay the fee $330 per person (me and my wife) etc. So I paid and after couple days I got receipt back that is paid. I did not get anything more so I emailed them with question if I will get any NOA letter. They just respond that KCC received payment, thank You and that is notified about I will be doing AOS. And no longer process my case. My case will now process USCIS.
And here is 1st question, So I did not get any NOA letter. Or that email from KCC is NOA letter?
I am doing medical exam upcoming week because I looked in Visa Bulletin and my case number will be current in May 2014EU29xxx
Second question is what should I do now? Nothing, just wait? Just do my medicals, fill out I-485, (I do have already rest of necessary docs like translated Bachelor's Degree from my county, Birth certificate, Criminal Record etc) and mail it everything with check thru FedEx on the end of April so they can have it in May?
Please help... :(

Thank You!
Link You gave me does not work :(.
Hhhmmm I have translated my university diploma, so I will have to translate high school diploma too. I will do it, is just weird. In our country is just natural logical if You did not finish high school and passed country exam You can not go to university.
I can not send yet because I don't have my medical exam. I will do it this upcoming week so hopefully will get results fast so I can send it. Do You know approximately how much medical cost?
Thanks again!

Hello,

First of all, please refer to the very first post of this thread - click on the link in it and you'll find an online spreadsheet with all the answers. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3ZnZlb1E#gid=5

Go to the sheet called "AOS Process" to find a step-by-step guide of AOS process and "AOS Package" to see what documents you need to mail along with your I-485.

You will need to include your emails from KCC (DV fee payment receipts and email confirming your intention to do AOS) in the AOS package, as well as your medical examination report, but make sure you include all the other documents listed in the sheet that apply to your case.

The NOA letter is not sent by KCC. You will receive it within a couple of weeks (hopefully) after you mail out your AOS package to Chicago Lockbox.

If your case number become current in May, you may ship your AOS package to Chicago Lockbox anytime now. Don't wait until the end of April. In fact, the sooner you mail it out, the better. Just make sure you have all the necessary documents enclosed so that don't reject it. Your priority right now is to mail it as soon as possible though.

P.S. I don't think you need to worry about a criminal record if you're doing AOS, but you may want to include a copy of your high school diploma, even if you have a bachelor's degree. Make sure all your translations are certified.

Status
Not open for further replies.