• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bramb90,

What's your current status? Are you in school and pay tuition and at the same time have an employer? Are you employed by your school? Are you on CPT? Make sure you have not violated the terms of your status.

I am on pre-completion OPT and employed outside campus, working in a position related to my field of studies. I am in status and never violated terms of my status.

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Hi my friends! Today I had my interview which was scheduled at 1:00pm, I got their 30min early and was called by officer at 1:15. The interview lasted about 45-50 min, I took an oath and the officer asked me for passport and ID and went over the application i sent. He asked me such questions like when I came to US, why didn't I go back, he said that I should stayed her on for too months, than he asked me questions about my finance, the only thing I got was the letter from my father who Is sponsoring me and my US bank statement, he wanted to make sure that the money I have in my account is sent by my father! So that's where I got little stressed. In the end he said that everything looks ok for him, he took I-94 from my passport and said that I will be receiving my card in two weeks. And he also said probably I'm not gonna see him anymore! So was all!
I would like to thank all of you guys for your support! Thanks a lot! If you will have any questions I will be here))

Thx Hexa answering my question:).Please let me make the picture clearer, my husband is in status of pending asylum which he can work in the US. He is running his business last yr but it is not very good. Therefore, I have to show the bank statement and I-134 to show we get support. I don't think I can get 30k for 3 ppl, so 20K+ bank statement, plus I-134 it is good enough for the interview?

Didn't anybody catch this? Not sure if he can go for aos, needs further scrutiny.

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Hi my friends! Today I had my interview which was scheduled at 1:00pm, I got their 30min early and was called by officer at 1:15. The interview lasted about 45-50 min, I took an oath and the officer asked me for passport and ID and went over the application i sent. He asked me such questions like when I came to US, why didn't I go back, he said that I should stayed her on for too months, than he asked me questions about my finance, the only thing I got was the letter from my father who Is sponsoring me and my US bank statement, he wanted to make sure that the money I have in my account is sent by my father! So that's where I got little stressed. In the end he said that everything looks ok for him, he took I-94 from my passport and said that I will be receiving my card in two weeks. And he also said probably I'm not gonna see him anymore! So was all!
I would like to thank all of you guys for your support! Thanks a lot! If you will have any questions I will be here))

Congratulations! You didn't submit any I-134? Did you have a certain balance on your bank account? I'm just wondering if you're somewhat in the same situation I am in(so basically living paycheck to paycheck) or if you always have funds.

IMO, THE sponsor should select "I intend" - this means the sponsor is guaranteeing that they're willing to support you and will ensure you do not become a public charge (of course, the guarantee is not enforceable either by the applicant or by USCIS if the sponsor does not fulfil any or all of the stated obligations on the form).

I'm not sure why some feel choosing "I intend" is only applicable to those applying for tourist visa since the purpose of filling out the affidavit in the first place is for the purpose of conveying an intention to ensure the applicant does not become a public charge, it's not just for the sponsor to display his wealth, so to say. Admittedly the sponsor has no intention of supporting the applicant, (nor is the applicant expecting to be supported in most cases), and the applicant is only getting it to satisfy immigration requirement.

I'm confused now. "Intend" or "don't intend"? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last week I went for BIO (walk in) but the lady told me they are not doing "walk-ins". She told me I can come any time on the day my bio is scheduled. The room was full of people week ago. Yesterday, I went there 3 hours before my scheduled appointment and there were no problems, but also only two people already sitting there. I think "walk-in" depend mainly on how many people are in the waiting room and also (someone said it before) don't ask if you can do it. Just give the bio letter to whoever and if she/he ask why today, have a good explanation. - this is what I think :)

Last week I went for BIO (walk in) but the lady told me they are not doing "walk-ins". She told me I can come any time on the day my bio is scheduled. The room was full of people week ago. Yesterday, I went there 3 hours before my scheduled appointment and there were no problems, but also only two people already sitting there. I think "walk-in" depend mainly on how many people are in the waiting room and also (someone said it before) don't ask if you can do it. Just give the bio letter to whoever and if she/he ask why today, have a good explanation. - this is what I think :)

I agree. If you don't ask, they might not notice the day of the interview... if you ask, they might ask you why you showed up. I don't have experience in this yet, but I will try to do a walk-in and see what happens.

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Congratulation for getting Green :)
Can you tell what type of visa are on now?
The IO didn't took I-94 from my passport, is it something that shall be done for all applicants? In fact the IO didn't ask to see our passports at all.
@Sm1smom: Can you give a comment on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
The IO didn't took I-94 from my passport, is it something that shall be done for all applicants? In fact the IO didn't ask to see our passports at all.

Well, the I-94 is supposed to be returned once you leave the US(at the gate before you board the plane normally) so that they know that you left the US if you were only allowed for certain period. I would assume that once you pass the interview, if you have now become a permanent resident so they don't need to know if you have left the country or not and obviously you won't have one in the future either.
I always read of people getting their I-94 taken off their passports, so I guess it's kinda odd that they didn't take yours.. Maybe call USCIS or get an info pass?

Congratulations! You didn't submit any I-134? Did you have a certain balance on your bank account? I'm just wondering if you're somewhat in the same situation I am in(so basically living paycheck to paycheck) or if you always have funds.

No I did not send I-134, but I had it with me at interview and the officer did not ask for it, so I didn't show it. I sent the sponsor letter from backhome done by my parents, and the past 2 month I was just making deposit to my account and I had about 10k! So when the officer saw my bank account he start asking me more questions about where did I get the from, I told him that I took them from my backhome debit card, he asked for evidence but I didn't have any! So that's why I'm still a little concerned about that.

I'm on an f1 visa, and yes he took my i94 and asked for my passport to see my name on it.

No I did not send I-134, but I had it with me at interview and the officer did not ask for it, so I didn't show it. I sent the sponsor letter from backhome done by my parents, and the past 2 month I was just making deposit to my account and I had about 10k! So when the officer saw my bank account he start asking me more questions about where did I get the from, I told him that I took them from my backhome debit card, he asked for evidence but I didn't have any! So that's why I'm still a little concerned about that.

Gotcha!! Thanks for the info!

@Sm1smom:

The IO didn't took I-94 off my passport at the end of the interview, is it something that shall be done for all the applicants? In fact the IO didn't ask to see our passports at all.
Can you give me a comment on this? Shall I talk to the IO tomorrow when I go for info pass regarding this?
Those who are on F1 and have done their interview successfully, please give me an input on this issue.
Thanks.

Hi all,
Is it necessary to have original W-2s? I can print a copy but dont have any w-2s. And do I need the copy of medical test again? I dont have that either.

Thanks and good night.

@Sm1smom:

The IO didn't took I-94 off my passport at the end of the interview, is it something that shall be done for all the applicants? In fact the IO didn't ask to see our passports at all.
Can you give me a comment on this? Shall I talk to the IO tomorrow when I go for info pass regarding this?
Those who are on F1 and have done their interview successfully, please give me an input on this issue.
Thanks.

My IO didn't take my I-94 either, it doesn't mean anything. After I got my GC I removed it from my passport and kept it with my other immigration-related documents. As a GC holder I no longer need to surrender the I-94 whenever I leave the country.

Aria,

Employment based green card mostly doesn't entail an interview. Most people never face an interview officer and there's nobody to collect their I-94. Don't worry. Leave it in your passport and give it to the CBP officer at your first departure to prevent unlikely hassles at your naturalization.

You can bring it up at your infopass today. Good luck by the way.

@Sm1smom:

Thanks.

Following a successful interview, the IO is supposed to collect I-94. Since collecting the I-94 is a strong indication that the application has been approved, some IOs do not collect it if they still want to do some additional review before the final approval is given. Then, there are those who still do not collect it even when the approval is given on the spot by issuing a welcome letter to the applicant, they just forget to do so.

I said all of that to say, there's no big deal if the I-20 is not collected from you. You can either hand it over the next time you travel out or keep it as a souvenir, it really doesn't matter any more once you have your GC.

Yea,in my own case mine was not collected,I feel it's not a big deal though, because we had photocopies in our fileQUOTE=Sm1smom;2687297]Following a successful interview, the IO is supposed to collect I-94. Since collecting the I-94 is a strong indication that the application has been approved, some IOs do not collect it if they still want to do some additional review before the final approval is given. Then, there are those who still do not collect it even when the approval is given on the spot by issuing a welcome letter to the applicant, they just forget to do so.

I said all of that to say, there's no big deal if the I-20 is not collected from you. You can either hand it over the next time you travel out or keep it as a souvenir, it really doesn't matter any more once you have your GC.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.