Will an N-400 application be denied due to traffic tickets?

patience81

:eek:
:(Hi I am a perminant resident, who will be filling for naturalization in May 2010, but I have NINE traffic tickets, will they affect my naturalization. These traffic tickets includes;

Break down
1 Delaying Traffic - Paid in Full
1 Careless Driving - Paid in Full
1 Parking ticket - Paid in Full
1 Unregistered Vehicle - Paid in Full
1 Suspended Driver - Dismissed
1 Unlicensed Driver - Dismissed
1 Unregistered Vehicle - Dismissed
1 Obstructing Traffic - Paid in Full
1 Maintenance of Lamps - Paid in Full

Will my N-400 application be denied, due to the facts I got these traffic tickets? All tickets dismissed, was done in court.

Last edited by a moderator:
Subject to IO's judgment and determination. Repeated offences are not good sign for Good Moral character.

In how many years did you get these 9 tickets? And out of 9, how many did you get in the last 5 years or since you became a permanent resident?

The OP's tickets related to suspended license were dismissed, so that doesn't matter. The poster that Bobsmyth referred to missed a court date that was scheduled for one of his tickets. I'm willing to bet that this was the reason why his aplpication was denied. In patience81's case, I'm sure he/she will not be denied.

We don't know details but there are some similarities between the OP and that poster of thread
(1) Both have got too many tickets
(2) Both involved driving using suspended license
(3) Suspending DL may be related to not handling tiockets in atimely fasshion

Please tell me you do not live in Illinois? If so, what car do you drive? :)

You should be ok. Good luck with your N-400.

Hi I am a perminant resident, who will be filling for naturalization in May 2010, but I have NINE traffic tickets, will they affect my naturalization.