When will your passport to taken?

really? but they should take your green card, right? and when?
Taking your passport could be considered theft by the federal government. The passport belongs to the government of the issuing country, not you personally. No other government has the right to confiscate it in the same way that they can't actually strip you of any other nationality. Unless you come from a country that prohibits or restricts dual-nationality then you will become a dual national as soon as you take the oath and are therefore entitled to have both passports.

The most painful part of the oath ceremony.... watching the lady outside the ceremony hall take my cherished GC and throw it in the trash.

The most painful part of the oath ceremony.... watching the lady outside the ceremony hall take my cherished GC and throw it in the trash.

LOL Painful? How? In what way? I think that would be the highlight of the oath ceremony - aside from having the certificate in your hand!

LOL Painful? How? In what way? I think that would be the highlight of the oath ceremony - aside from having the certificate in your hand!

A lot of people put considerable time, effort, sweat cash, etc, etc into getting that GC, even though the PP is coming it must be sad to see the results of all that work get dumped.

Hmm, I made a copy before hand, plus I have been pondering getting a passport card at some point. As a backup so to speak. Leaving the PP at home when travelling domestic and the card somewhere separated from the driver license.

Hmm, I made a copy before hand, plus I have been pondering getting a passport card at some point. As a backup so to speak. Leaving the PP at home when travelling domestic and the card somewhere separated from the driver license.

For $20, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Well,

gotta mail the Natz for that again. I did my PP at the office and I am somewhat reluctant to mail my Natz. Could mail the PP instead. Less of a hassle to get that replaced than the Natz.

I understand the passport card is used mainly for inland travel between US-Canada, US-Mexico etc. But can it be used like an ID proof elsewhere domestic or international? Just curious, that's all. Thanks.

You should have followed her. Perhaps she was selling those GCs in a dark alley a few hours after the ceremony was over :)