What needs to be done after oath?

We went and updated our status yesterday here at Grandprairie, TX which is the only office serving the DFW area. No name change and employment restrictions on the card in our case. Just status update from PR to USC. We were still asked to complete the SS-5 form. Just FYI.
I don't know why you think that is the only office in the DFW area. There are several. The main one for Dallas is on Central Expressway around Royal.

I did apply for a status update (in person) after oath .. it takes a few minutes .. Thanks

May I know if you submitted an SS-5 Form when you applied for an status update with Social Security? What documentation did you bring? Thanks!

May I know if you submitted an SS-5 Form when you applied for an status update with Social Security? What documentation did you bring? Thanks!

I had to present my NC (they made a copy of it), my driver license, and I was asked if my SS card is with me... I said no... in a few minutes they printed one single page, it contained my information plus the new citizenship status, I was asked to verify it and sign it., after that.. I was given a general receipt letter with my name and address on top, showing that I applied and requested a SS card..
I had my SS-5 Form pre printed and filled. I used this link to print and fill my (Form SS-5) prior to my SSA office visit

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/online/ss-5.pdf

You can use this link to get the needed information about Citizenship status change with requirements

http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin...3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PXN0YXR1cw**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why you think that is the only office in the DFW area. There are several. The main one for Dallas is on Central Expressway around Royal.

dms1 I have been to the one on 75 and Royal few years ago but for some reason now when I did a search with both Irving zipcode and Plano zipcodes the only office it kept spitting back at me was the one in Grandprairie. So I assumed this was the only one may be due to a result of all the budget trims. My bad if this is not the case.

dms1 I have been to the one on 75 and Royal few years ago but for some reason now when I did a search with both Irving zipcode and Plano zipcodes the only office it kept spitting back at me was the one in Grandprairie. So I assumed this was the only one may be due to a result of all the budget trims. My bad if this is not the case.
I think their website is broken because I seem to remember when I did a search for zipcode 75010 (Carrollton / Lewisville) it only gave me an office in Denton. I did however just go to the office on 75 anyway, which is a nice modern office that seems very efficient - I was only waiting for about fifteen minutes.

I believe, its a late reply. When I made DMV update in CA, I wasnt charged. The dmv person thought there will be an expense, when I told them the change was related to status change, she confirmed that there will not be any expense.

Personally I would do the Passport first (then you can travel). Then the SSA (which you can use the passport for as evidence). I would not bother with the Driver's License til it's time to renew it, depending on how enthusiatic you are about giving your state government more fees. You can register to vote before any of this, though.

Last edited by a moderator: