We are moving like a Turtle at TSC

The number on the back of my check also came up in the system, after I changed the $ to a *. The result was "On September 14, 2007, we received...". The date that should be returned when you enter the real receipt number is the date your check was deposited for cashing. When my receipt number finally showed up online this morning, it displayed the correct date.

Ahh, that makes sense. I'll keep an eye out for NOA letter. Wonder why USCIS likes to confuse us so much. Sometimes I think they take joy in it.

Not sure which thread I should be in to post this, but it's probably of most interest to others at TSC so...

I got my finger-printing appointment today.

It's in Oklahoma City at 10am on Monday 17 December.

I was expecting to wait until well into January for this - but you never can tell with USCIS!

Why is TSC not moving?

is every one at TSC went to Sleep or what?
the N-400 weekly reciept update still shows as 7/29/2007 also.
what is going on here. I am kind of anxious.

is every one at TSC went to Sleep or what?
the N-400 weekly reciept update still shows as 7/29/2007 also.
what is going on here. I am kind of anxious.

Once TSC gets over the flood of applications received until about August 5, hopefully things should start moving faster.

My application was received by TSC on 7/30. But my check is not cashed yet. Anyone else in the same boat?.

I Finally had my check cashed. What a long process this is turning out to be !!!! Phew !!!

Can anyone who has had their cash cashed with TSC tell me where and what is the case number on the check? I tried every number i could find on the front and back with no luck. I Appreciate the help.Thanks.

Can anyone who has had their cash cashed with TSC tell me where and what is the case number on the check? I tried every number i could find on the front and back with no luck. I Appreciate the help.Thanks.

Hi - although my file is not at TSC - I can tell you that your receipt number is the one written on the front of the check. You would have to place an * (asterisk) and enough 00 (zeros) to make 13 digits - including the service center 3-letter code.

And from experience, I can tell you that your case will show up about 2 weeks later online. By which time you will probably get your NOA in the mailbox.

Good luck.

I Finally had my check cashed. What a long process this is turning out to be !!!! Phew !!!

It should be the number in front of check. My cashed check only had number that begins with SSC (South Service Center) , but this is not the case number.
What number do you have in front of check? You can always wait for your NOA or call customer service to find out your case number.

Received Letter

My RD and PD was 7/27/2007. Quite a feat considering the fact that I mailed it on 7/28/2007!!! But hey I will take it anyway it comes.

I will now wait for 450 days.

Good Luck.

My RD and PD was 7/27/2007. Quite a feat considering the fact that I mailed it on 7/28/2007!!! But hey I will take it anyway it comes.

I will now wait for 450 days.

Good Luck.

I called USCIS earlier today and they told me the same thing; RD was 7/27 eventhough I mailed it on 7/28 and showed USCIS received it on 8/1.

RD was 7/27 eventhough I mailed it on 7/28 and showed USCIS received it on 8/1.

I don't know guys it's going to affect you or not,but i sent my apps exactly 90 days before my 5 years anniversary. And because filing date is receiving date which showes our eligibility to file for naturalization it's very important for me not to get RD and PD ealier it's supposed to be. What should we do in this case?

RD was 7/27 eventhough I mailed it on 7/28 and showed USCIS received it on 8/1.

I don't know guys it's going to affect you or not,but i sent my apps exactly 90 days before my 5 years anniversary. And because filing date is receiving date which showes our eligibility to file for naturalization it's very important for me not to get RD and PD ealier it's supposed to be. What should we do in this case?

I wouldn't do anything unless USCIS makes it an issue later (I'd be surprised if they make it an issue over a few days on their behalf). Just make sure to keep evidence that shows they received it later.

Just make sure to keep evidence that shows they received it later

Thanks BOBSMITH
i still keep the original receit with the date I sent my docs to tsc. And i will not be able to track my number till NOA arrives (I send money order) so we will see. Hopefully, at least this thing will not be scrude up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check finally cashed on 10th Dec. I do not show any number in the front of the check. The number on the back brings up Nov 14th as the receive date ! Well. got to wait for the NOA now.

Check finally cashed on 10th Dec. I do not show any number in the front of the check. The number on the back brings up Nov 14th as the receive date ! Well. got to wait for the NOA now.

If you're curious enough, you can call USCIS customer service and ask to speak with immigration officer who will then provide you with your receipt number, not that having the receipt number before you get your NOA will do you any good.

Just wanted to update my status on this thread.

Has any one received FP from Dallas district office?
Jan 2 is soooo next year. What do u guys think? Shud I go in early?

My received date and priority date are also on July 27 even though I mailed it on July 28. My notice date is Nov. 30. The NOA also states that I will be notified within 180 days concerning the interview. I am wondering why there are varying number of days for interview notification. A previous poster on this thread mentioned 450 days. Approximately how long after I receive the interview notification will the actual interview take place?

Also, I did not receive a fingerprint notice. When should I expect to receive it? And what is the time period between the fingerprint notification and the actual fingerprint appointment date?

My received date and priority date are also on July 27 even though I mailed it on July 28. My notice date is Nov. 30. The NOA also states that I will be notified within 180 days concerning the interview. I am wondering why there are varying number of days for interview notification. A previous poster on this thread mentioned 450 days. Approximately how long after I receive the interview notification will the actual interview take place?

Also, I did not receive a fingerprint notice. When should I expect to receive it? And what is the time period between the fingerprint notification and the actual fingerprint appointment date?

The date notification for interview varies between district offices. and is influenced by such things as current district office backlog and staffing.
You should receive a FP notification anywhere from 3-6 weeks before the actual FP date.