Waiting Asylum decision

Why is so silent? Any news form anybody who still in process or waiting for decision?
Hey there! not yet! In a week hopefully you will hear a good news from me!
utrendsetter is supposed to pick up his decission today! hope he doesn't forget about us and get back with good news about his decission! I am crossing my fingers for him! let's be positive and patient!

Okay, if nobody wants to share experience about decision, maybe someone share good immigration lawyer over San Francisco Bay Area. Thanks.

Why is so silent? Any news form anybody who still in process or waiting for decision?

NOthing here...... I have been waiting decision since July 2010.
The waiting torture has been deminish since I started working on February 2011, it was very difficult to get a job at the beggining because I was trying to find a job according to my proffessional background, but soon I realized that what I really needed to find was food for the table!! and then Thank God I found something! I´m still looking for somthing better, but with all the hours that I have to work now to get a decent pay check, I´m not able to get enough time for the the job search and application process. But I will one day.
It's not easy to live like that, but my situation is a lot lot better than a year ago.
I was, like many of you guys, checking the mailbox at least twice a day hoping to find the good news, I was broke and counting pennies to see if I could go to the grocery store. It´s no easy at all to live like that. And Im sure most of you know waht im talking about.
I went several times to the asylum office trying to get infomation, or maybe tryng to put wheels to the application. But The answer was always the same: "Desicion has been made, you will received notification very soon,if you dont receive it in 3 weeks come back again"
I heard the same story for 5 months. Then I got tired, hopeless, deceptioned, and then I decided to no go back again. It was too much for me to handle. Those 3 weeks after the "update" of my case, I was constantly looking at the window waiting for the mailman, and my feelings after going through the mail to find NOTHING! were really bad.
For mental health, I decided to move on with my life, and to leave everything to God´s will. I´m not waiting for the mailman anymore. One day, the news will come. And wheatever it is, I will accept it. And I will thank God with all my heart, for every lesson receive it, for every tear, for all the bad moments, for the depression I once suffered, but most of all for the miracles I've seen.
I have seen God´s hands in my life, and His support has been enormous. That is Priceless. That is more more more important than a positive desicion on my case!
I lost almost a year of my life in this process, plus the bad times I went through during the crisis I lived in my country .
And that was enough.
I´m very happy to hear so much good news for several members in this forum, specially Mr Bird, because we started this process almost at the same time. We shared our worries and doubts in this forum many times.
I cant imagine the happinness !! hope one day I can also share that with you guys!

DEsicion will come, when it has to come.
God is never early, never late. He is always ON TIME!
God bless you all!

utrendsetter is supposed to pick up his decission today! hope he doesn't forget about us and get back with good news about his decission! I am crossing my fingers for him! let's be positive and patient![/QUOTE
sorry for the late update. i didn't go to pick up the decision because AO called me and said, they will mail the decision. so, that's what happened. i will definitely update you guys next time.
'

Hey LadyLee,

Your posting is very touching and inspirational at the same time.You are inspiring lot of us fight and be happy with what we have and thank god for all . Weather we have a asylum status or not .But seriously i really appreciate your way of looking at life.God helps those who help them self and my frnd you full fill that .I wish and pray for your wishes come true.And thanks for making my day.God bless you.....You and all my forum frnds are in my prayers.

Best to all...

utrendsetter is supposed to pick up his decission today! hope he doesn't forget about us and get back with good news about his decission! I am crossing my fingers for him! let's be positive and patient![/QUOTE
sorry for the late update. i didn't go to pick up the decision because AO called me and said, they will mail the decision. so, that's what happened. i will definitely update you guys next time.
'

Hey Utrendsetter,i was waiting for your posting from the very day.Soon you too will share your joy .I wish and pray for you.Best

Hi everyone,
This forum has been very informative to me. Thank you assylum for all your time and help. I have filed for political asylum and I received recommended approval.Now my asylum is still in pending.I am getting married with my fiance this month.Now what will happen?I mean what are the consequences I have to face.Can I file for my spouse now? And how can I know my asylum status? What are the reasons for delay in background check process? Will my poor credit history decrease chances of getting asylum approve?
I-589 filed: 28 March2011
Receipt received:4 April,2011
Biometrics: 24 April,2011
Interview Date:10 May,2011
Recommended approval:7 June2011
EAD Applied: 18 July,2011
EAD card received: 28 July,2011
Final Asylum decision: Pending

Hi everyone,
how can I know my asylum status? What are the reasons for delay in background check process? Will my poor credit history decrease chances of getting asylum approve?

You got a recommended approval because USCIS can't issue a final approval until IBIS name check, fingerprint results, and FBI name check are cleared. The FBI name check usually takes longer. There is no time frame for the FBI name check process.
After you receive the final approval, you will be able to file I-730 for your wife.

If you get the final approval, you will be able to check the status of EAD(A05) online by using your I-589 receipt number. The application status will show only and only if you get the final approval.

Hi guys! as I told you I was supposed to pick up my decission at AO but I recieved a call from AO telling me that my decission have not been made yet and that I don't need to appear at the AO to recieve it, that they will mail it to me within a week, I don't know what does this means? I mean wether it is good or not? my lawyer says that if they are going to deny it they should do it the first 2 weeks, any ideas guys?

Hi guys! as I told you I was supposed to pick up my decission at AO but I recieved a call from AO telling me that my decission have not been made yet and that I don't need to appear at the AO to recieve it, that they will mail it to me within a week, I don't know what does this means? I mean wether it is good or not? my lawyer says that if they are going to deny it they should do it the first 2 weeks, any ideas guys?

Hello karri2008,

Looks like you'll get at least recommended approval, because (according my case and many-many other cases from which I use to read in past 3 months) if they make a decision to deny you application usually you get NOID in 2 weeks (if you are still legal in USA). Crossing fingers for you and I really glad to hear about progress in you case. Stay positive, everything going to be all right, good luck and take care.

This usually happens when:
1. Officers are overloaded and don't have enough time to finish writing the assessments.
or
2. Officer needs more time to investigate and research.
or
3. Officer is waiting for your alien file to arrive from different office.
or
4. Background results are not complete.
or
5. Supervisor has not signed the officer's decision yet
or
6. Data entry people have not prepared the paper work yet.

There could be other reasons too but the above reasons are the most common ones

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ugububu for your encouragement, I am doing the best to stay positive. In fact, I feel better about the delay, I feel less pressure now yet I have to wait and no idea how long it will be before I recieve a mail from AO. I have seen many of you guys here waiting for months. But no matter how long we will get that mail with good news.
Thanks Assylum for your help too, if I were to choose from your list, I would like to choose # 6, Data entry delayed. I just hope I don't have to wait for long time to know about the decission, I will keep posting to let you know! hope fully soon.

Hi Karri
same thing happen to me but i got approved exectly in 3 months since they told me decission will mail to me so dont worry, you will get your approvel soon, just be positive and keep faith on God every thing going to be o'right always be positive God loves those who are positve about him never ever give up on God. Best of luck

Hi Karri
same thing happen to me but i got approved exectly in 3 months since they told me decission will mail to me so dont worry, you will get your approvel soon, just be positive and keep faith on God every thing going to be o'right always be positive God loves those who are positve about him never ever give up on God. Best of luck

Thanks man, I am positive and praying for a good news soon, will post it as soon as I get any information about it.

Thanks Assylum for your quick response.I got caught up with my big day (got married yesterday).I'm a nepali citizen and my husband is an indian citizen.Will my husband being indian citizen may reduce my chances of getting asylum approve?And would he qualify to apply for derivative asylum?

Hey asyleek,
Congrats for your marriage.Hope you have a blessed life.Your case is it based on you? Is your husband included?Have you in any way mentioned about your husband in your petition.
Generally the AO looks into your credentials.let me know the answer so that according i can let you know.

Best

Thanks Assylum for your quick response.I got caught up with my big day (got married yesterday).I'm a nepali citizen and my husband is an indian citizen.Will my husband being indian citizen may reduce my chances of getting asylum approve?And would he qualify to apply for derivative asylum?

Hello asyleek,

Congratulations with you marriage. No worries, in time when you applied fro asylum you was not married, so it means you marriage doesn't affect you asylum claim. Good luck and take care.

Asylum decision pending and marring before approval

THANKS FRIENDS.
My situation: My interview by AO on 10th May,2011. I received recommended approval on June 2 ,2011. On July 18th July,2011 I applied for EAD and I received my EAD on 1st August 2011.Final asylum decision pending. I recently got married on 11th August 2011 in US with my bf with whome I was together for 3 years. I have not listed my husband in my I-589 application because I was not married when I filed the Asylum application. MY husband is an Indian citizen in F1 visa and I am Nepali.
Now my questions are
1)when can I apply for his derivative asylum? Should I wait to hear my Asylum decision which may go to years or Can I apply now to get him on EAD atleast.
2) Marrying someone not from Nepal will it not create any difficulties in Asylum or in Green card after a year as it may appear that I and my husband can live in India as it does not incude any fear.