Waiting Asylum decision

Hello Frns,

Just wanted to share .Got my approval letter today.Yupieeeeeeeeee....Just wanted to share my joy .Thank you guys and wish and pray for all my frns on waiting.Will be around.Good Luck .Keep positive mind frame.Thanks

Congratulations! For sure God loves us. I hope and pray everyone else gets to enjoy the feeling of approval.

Hey Ugububu, we had a lawyer.She did all for us and we were lucky as she was very good at it.Did you have have lawyer?

Hey Thanks Mr .Bird.How is post asylum days treating you? Did you receive your ead with the approval letter? I have to talk to SSN office tomorrow to get details.TC

Hey Ugububu, we had a lawyer.She did all for us and we were lucky as she was very good at it.Did you have have lawyer?

Hello awaitasylum,

No, I did everything by myself, probably I will hire a lawyer if Asylum Office refer my case to Immigration Court.

Thank you for you response.

Hey Ugububu,

After my experience i would suggest you to look for non profit organization who work with asylum seekers.They even help you finding good lawyers(Probono) and settling you down after your asylum is done.Even help you till naturalization stage.This is the best liable way i know of.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Best Regards

Hi,
please anybody help me. what this means....
I appeared for Asylum interview right 3 months ago, today I got a letter from USCIS saying that they have rescheduled my interview and I am given another interview date to appear. what does it means?? The AO told me on that day that if he has any question he might call me again.. but I am getting worried. Already I have waited quite long.
Does this happened to anybody??
your response will be very much appreciated.
thanks

Hey Ugububu,

After my experience i would suggest you to look for non profit organization who work with asylum seekers.They even help you finding good lawyers(Probono) and settling you down after your asylum is done.Even help you till naturalization stage.This is the best liable way i know of.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Best Regards

Hello awaitasylum,

Thank you for you advice, before I file my asylum I tried to get probono lawyer, visited numerous places, but they were so busy to help me for free or low cost, I made a decision to filed by myself, but looks like without lawyer it's almost impossible to have a deal with Immigration Court, so right know I eel myself financially much better then 4 month ago when I start process. I have an Employment Authorization, SSN and I have a job. 4 month ago I literally lived "under the bridge" without documents. So, anyway, I appreciate you help. thanks a lot.

Hi,
please anybody help me. what this means....
I appeared for Asylum interview right 3 months ago, today I got a letter from USCIS saying that they have rescheduled my interview and I am given another interview date to appear. what does it means?? The AO told me on that day that if he has any question he might call me again.. but I am getting worried. Already I have waited quite long.
Does this happened to anybody??
your response will be very much appreciated.
thanks

Hello asylee2011,

at first - no worries, everything will be all right, looks like they just need some more information from you (AO promised you to call you again if there any questions), so relax and be prepare to tell them you story again, word by word without any changes.
I was interviewed ones, then get NOID, now still waining for finale decision (on maybe to be interviewed one more time, only God knows). So, good luck and take care.

Hi Everyone

I have been reading your posts one by one since the beggining! it is really interesting to me and very helpful as to know what may happen to my case too!
Reading your stories guys is inspiring especially LadyLee and Mr.Bird, Wow! a happy ending story and I wish everybody on this thread gets approved!
Here I am going to share mne too:
I filed my I-589 form on June 2011, got my fingerprint on the same month and I did my interview on July 2011, around a week ago from today. My interview as it seems to me was nice, over 2 hours, the AO was a really nice guy! lots of questions and some are repeated, he asked me for more proof and I filed them the next day to their office, when finishing the interview he told me to come back and collect the decission 14 days later which as you already know it is not easy to wait, knowing that some of you have waited for months for the decission but almost all of you were approved which is good.
In my case I think I should recieve a mail within the next 7 days which could be not to go to collect my decission and wait for the decission to be mailed and maybe wait and wait for months as some of you did, or get a NOID notice which is not good that I will need to respond with 16 days!
Well I still got a question: does it happens that you go and collect your approval decission or recieve a mail telling you to go and collect your decission?? did it happen to anybody??
Thanks to all of you, to Mr Asylum for his great help, and I am waiting here crossing my fingers and parying for my case to be approved and also I pray for all of you guys who are still waiting for their decissiones, and congratulations to those who have been approved! I have a lot of pressure on me! and my life depends on this! ur thread is amazing and helpfull.

Well I still got a question: does it happens that you go and collect your approval decission or recieve a mail telling you to go and collect your decission?? did it happen to anybody??

Hello karri2008,

In my case, before AO interviewed my, hi gave my a paper with date and time in which I should come and pick up decision, it was exactly 14 days after interview day. So, i sigh this paper and hi gives me a copy. After 14 days i appear in-person in Asylum Office and pick up NOID, after 10 days I filed a rebuttal. 2,5 month left, still waiting for final decision. Good luck and take care.

Hello Ugububu,

My experience tells me that you should start looking now.I searched for nearly 5 months before the lawyer agreed to take up the case.I don't know which area you are but if you will google search ,you will find lot of agency that can help you finding probono lawyer.One more thing i would like to share from my experience ,people who take your case probono will believe in your case then only they will take your case otherwise they will refuse.So if you have a good lawyer half battle is one.So if you will try finding last minute it will be difficult.It's better be prepared that caught off guard.

Good Luck ,hope all gets fine with you.

Best

Hello awaitasylum,

Thank you for you advice, before I file my asylum I tried to get probono lawyer, visited numerous places, but they were so busy to help me for free or low cost, I made a decision to filed by myself, but looks like without lawyer it's almost impossible to have a deal with Immigration Court, so right know I eel myself financially much better then 4 month ago when I start process. I have an Employment Authorization, SSN and I have a job. 4 month ago I literally lived "under the bridge" without documents. So, anyway, I appreciate you help. thanks a lot.

Thanks ugububu for you answer. Yes I have got a paper that I signed to return to pick up the decission exactly 14 days after my interview. My lawyer told me that we should get a mail notice telling us to go an pick up the decission, still waiting for that mail otherwise I will just appear at the office on that day to pick up the decission. In case of NOID I have no idea what I can else file, I have given it all already and I am very positive, so, will see how it goes, I will keep posting whatever happens to let you know. Am I going to be approved by next week? I don't know, I hope so. good luck with your waiting, I hope the delay is a good sign for you that they are going to approve it.

Hello karri2008

My lawyer told me that we should get a mail notice telling us to go an pick up the decission, still waiting for that mail otherwise I will just appear at the office on that day to pick up the decission.

I think all you need to do is appear in-person over Asylum Office and pick up you decision in date which on your paper.

In case of NOID I have no idea what I can else file, I have given it all already and I am very positive, so, will see how it goes, I will keep posting whatever happens to let you know. Am I going to be approved by next week? I don't know, I hope so. good luck with your waiting, I hope the delay is a good sign for you that they are going to approve it.

In my NOID they describe for me why they going to deny my claim (to be accurate it was 4 questions), in my rebuttal letter I give answers for all 4 questions also I include some evidence which support my answers. This pretty much it, I hope you get an approval otherwise - just give them an answers which would be in you NOID. I wish you best good luck and take care.

Thanks ugububu for you answer. Yes I have got a paper that I signed to return to pick up the decission exactly 14 days after my interview. My lawyer told me that we should get a mail notice telling us to go an pick up the decission, still waiting for that mail otherwise I will just appear at the office on that day to pick up the decission. In case of NOID I have no idea what I can else file, I have given it all already and I am very positive, so, will see how it goes, I will keep posting whatever happens to let you know. Am I going to be approved by next week? I don't know, I hope so. good luck with your waiting, I hope the delay is a good sign for you that they are going to approve it.

Hey Karri,If you have a pick up slip.You need to go and pick up .They will not inform you by mail for pick up.You just have to Walk in to AO reception and show then your slip and they will guide you.Hope you receive your approval the day mention on the slip.Good Luck.And keep positive frame of mind(i know it is difficult) praying.God bless.

Best

Hello utrendsetter,

First of all - no worries, everything will be fine, we all make a mistake. A had interview over San Francisco Asylum Office, 3 hours torture :(((, after 2 weeks they gave me Notice of Intend to Deny, explained that they deny my claim for some stupid reason. So, I filed a rebuttal where explained why they reasons to deny my clam stupid :))). Clerk from AO told me - they`ll send me decision by mail after 2-3 month which is again, questionable...
So, don't give up and wait for decision.

thanks for taking a time to reply. tomorrow, i am going to receive the decision. it didn't sound and looked good when i heard this from AO. but let's see what happens.

Hey Karri,If you have a pick up slip.You need to go and pick up .They will not inform you by mail for pick up.You just have to Walk in to AO reception and show then your slip and they will guide you.Hope you receive your approval the day mention on the slip.Good Luck.And keep positive frame of mind(i know it is difficult) praying.God bless.

Best

Thanks awaitasylum, I know it is difficult to be waiting and to keep positive sometimes, but I am really positive! and I hope I get the approval at the AO when I pick up the decission. Thanks for helping. Know at least I will not wait for any mail and just show up at the scheduled day at AO. I will let you know guys. praying for good news soon for all of uswho r still waiting.

Thanks awaitasylum, I know it is difficult to be waiting and to keep positive sometimes, but I am really positive! and I hope I get the approval at the AO when I pick up the decission. Thanks for helping. Know at least I will not wait for any mail and just show up at the scheduled day at AO. I will let you know guys. praying for good news soon for all of uswho r still waiting.

Hey Karri2008,Good to see you in good spirit.Look forward to hearing good news from you.Praying and wishing you luck.Keep us posted.

Best

thanks for taking a time to reply. tomorrow, i am going to receive the decision. it didn't sound and looked good when i heard this from AO. but let's see what happens.

everything will be all right, you'll see. "cross fingers" for you and Karri.