Waiting Asylum decision

Hi guys, So a friend of mine applied for an affirmative asylum 2 months ago. but since then haven't heard from USCIS. he didn't receive any copy receipt notice. 10 days ago he applied again with a cover letter explaining everything but didn't receive any notice this time as well. he is on student status and his wife is 9 month pregnant. can anyone please tell what he should do in this situation.
Your reply is highly appreciated.

Hi guys.
Hope you all are doing well.
I need your advice on this.

So as i approach 150 days of pending asylum.
It's time to apply for a work permit.
My attorney is asking for $850 .
Which i cannot afford...

I would like to know if I myself can fill the form??
I am a ASAP member.

Or since i had an attorney represent my case, its mandatory the attorney fills the i-765 form for me?

And while if at all i fill the form myself do i have to include attorneys details???

Thanks in advance

Hi guys.

Which i cannot afford...

I am a ASAP member.

Or since i had an attorney represent my case, its mandatory the attorney fills the i-765 form for me?

And while if at all i fill the form myself do i have to include attorneys details???

Thanks in advance
You can gile by yourself without your attorney
And u don’t have to mention the lawyer details as you are the applicant
It is just don’t forget to attach the ASAP membership paper in your documents

Hi guys, So a friend of mine applied for an affirmative asylum 2 months ago. but since then haven't heard from USCIS. he didn't receive any copy receipt notice. 10 days ago he applied again with a cover letter explaining everything but didn't receive any notice this time as well. he is on student status and his wife is 9 month pregnant. can anyone please tell what he should do in this situation.
Your reply is highly appreciated.
I follow another group for Asylum seekers on Facebook and I have seen people waiting since March for receipt notice from USCIS as new applicants. USCIS is REALLY slow.

Hi guys.

Which i cannot afford...

I am a ASAP member.

Thanks in advance
It is really easy to fill out your I-765 form. There are videos on YouTube to help you. And, as your first EAD, you don’t pay anything. Do it all by yourself! Do not forget to send a copy of your ASAP member card!!!

Hey I have a question. I already approved for asylum over a week ago. After approval my online case status was saying decision is pending. And now my case status updated from decision is pending to finger print taken. What doesn't it mean?
Hi, happy that status changed finally. As I understand this is about new work permit A5 for asylee, now you have C8 work permit for pending asylum. Please check the status several times per day so we could see the whole picture of status changes after approval (it could be “fees were waived”, “card is being/was produced” etc)
As your status updated could you please check I94 travel history? Can you still see it or it has disappeared?
Also if you visit your USCIS account can you add your asylum case or still you see that “your case not found”?

Hi, happy that status changed finally. As I understand this is about new work permit A5 for asylee, now you have C8 work permit for pending asylum. Please check the status several times per day so we could see the whole picture of status changes after approval (it could be “fees were waived”, “card is being/was produced” etc)
As your status updated could you please check I94 travel history? Can you still see it or it has disappeared?
Also if you visit your USCIS account can you add your asylum case or still you see that “your case not found”?
Thanks Alex! When ever you need information I would be very glad to share with you guys from my experience. Well Yesterday the status was saying decision was mailed and now when I add my case status on uscis it says 'a new card was mailed to me'. I checked my i94 travel history it shows ' no record found for traveler ' disappeared.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220701-161908_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220701-161908_Chrome.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 28
Thanks Alex! When ever you need information I would be very glad to share with you guys from my experience. Well Yesterday the status was saying decision was mailed and now when I add my case status on uscis it says 'a new card was mailed to me'. I checked my i94 travel history it shows ' no record found for traveler ' disappeared.
Thank you for detailed answer! So it was system delay which I didn’t hear before, but finally it works and travel history works too.
If you check “get most recent i94” do you see the old B2 status and date or something changed?
Could you please attach screenshot of all your case status history with dates?
I wonder what does it mean when “no record found” for i94 but when decision is pending? They can delete it when expired passport or when approved but “decision is mailed” at the same time (as in your situation - even if delay, it was everywhere, not in one part) Maybe I don’t know some info or system works with delays in different ways

Thank you for the info. Can you tell does i94 form disappears or travel history ? Thank you

Thank you for detailed answer! So it was system delay which I didn’t hear before, but finally it works and travel history works too.
If you check “get most recent i94” do you see the old B2 status and date or something changed?
Could you please attach screenshot of all your case status history with dates?
I wonder what does it mean when “no record found” for i94 but when decision is pending? They can delete it when expired passport or when approved but “decision is mailed” at the same time (as in your situation - even if delay, it was everywhere, not in one part) Maybe I don’t know some info or system works with delays in different ways
Hey! Your decision is pending and your i94 history disappeared right ?
Mine too but i can see i94 form.

Hey! Your decision is pending and your i94 history disappeared right ?
Mine too but i can see i94 form.
Right, I can see I94 form too, but not travel history, so we have the same situation. When did you have your interview (please share your timeline and office) and when has your travel history disappeared? Have you recently applied for C8 work permit? If yes then when? Maybe application for initial EAD deletes travel history now as a new rule

My office was newark and interview was done in December. Wby ?
I don’t know when it disappeared I just checked it few days back. Earlier I use to check i94 form only.
But for one of my family member who wasn’t principal applicant but has work permit her travel history is still found.

My office was newark and interview was done in December. Wby ?
I don’t know when it disappeared I just checked it few days back. Earlier I use to check i94 form only.
But for one of my family member who wasn’t principal applicant but has work permit her travel history is still found.
Applied in December, interview in April. Office is not in Newark. When did you apply for EAD (work permit)? Was it first time (initial EAD)?
I applied for initial EAD in June and waiting.
Is your family member connected to your case or different one?
I had same friends who have work permit and travel history but maybe something changed few months ago.

Last edited:
Applied in December, interview in April. Office is not in Newark. When did you apply for EAD (work permit)? Was it first time (initial EAD)?
I applied for initial EAD in June and waiting.
Is your family member connected to your case or different one?
I had same friends who have work permit and travel history but maybe something changed few months ago.
Not connected to my case but similar case.
All of them have old case or new one ?
Does anyone else with new case have similar situation ? Like no travel history after work permit? Your disappeared as soon you applied for work permit ?

Not connected to my case but similar case.
All of them have old case or new one ?
Does anyone else with new case have similar situation ? Like no travel history after work permit? Your disappeared as soon you applied for work permit ?
My friends have old cases, have work permit, they had interviews and waiting for 2d interview. I didn’t check i94 for 2 weeks, so can’t say exactly but it was just before or after application. So what about you? Did you apply for work permit? If yes did you get it?

My friends have old cases, have work permit, they had interviews and waiting for 2d interview. I didn’t check i94 for 2 weeks, so can’t say exactly but it was just before or after application. So what about you? Did you apply for work permit? If yes did you get it?
Okay.like many years old cases ?
Yeah I have the work permit.

Okay.like many years old cases ?
Yeah I have the work permit.
Not many, interview was in 2021. But I have never heard before about situation when Travel history disappeared while decision is pending.
3 variants are possible:
1. It is good sign and glitch of system which shows decision is pending by mistake instead of decision mailed.
2. It happened because of application for new work permit (some new rule).
3. Glitch of I94 system and means nothing

I hope that this forum will help to find out the truth. If somebody who had interview and didn’t apply for work permit has no travel record or who recently applied (June 2022 or later) and still have travel history then variant 2 is not the right one

Not many, interview was in 2021. But I have never heard before about situation when Travel history disappeared while decision is pending.
3 variants are possible:
1. It is good sign and glitch of system which shows decision is pending by mistake instead of decision mailed.
2. It happened because of application for new work permit (some new rule).
3. Glitch of I94 system and means nothing

I hope that this forum will help to find out the truth. If somebody who had interview and didn’t apply for work permit has no travel record or who recently applied (June 2022 or later) and still have travel history then variant 2 is not the right one
Lets pray for the best.