Waiting Asylum decision

Hello everyone. I'm already granted asylum from September 2021. Why they are sent me again this:

March 26, 2022 Decision Was Mailed

I was granted on interview. I have all documents already i-94, EAD with a5 category
U gonna have to wait and check your mail! I mean it’s either system glitch or they will need you for another interview cause something popped out! Or another sad decision i don’t wanna mention but that rarely happens! Hopefully it’s a system glitch

Hi all,
Just want to share my experience and give an advice.
Applied November 2015
Added wife as dependent August 2019
Requested expedite interview November 2021
January 2022 received interview notice
February 14, 2022 interview at Arlington asylum office
February 28, 2022 requested expedite decision due to humanitarian crisis in Ukraine
March 23, 2022 status changed to “Fees were waived “
March 24, 2022 status changed to “Decision was mailed “
March 26, 2022 received approval.
Approvals date says February 15, 2022 next day after interview.
Like all of you here I know how hard and stressful this time is. One thing that I’m proud of myself is how I prepared for interview. After I got my interview invitation I was researching day and night information that will help me during interview. Prepare for the worst and expect the best! Lawyer closing statement is important! I started my asylum journey by myself and hired attorney one year before interview was scheduled. I advise everyone to take attorney to interview no matter how strong you think your case is.
Be persistent with emails to uscis regarding your if you waiting on interview or decision, it takes 5 minutes to write email.
Good luck everyone! I hope you all will get approval soon. Will be glad to answer additional questions if someone interested.

Hi all,
Applied November 2015
February 28, 2022 requested expedite decision due to humanitarian crisis in Ukraine
Like all of you here I know how hard and stressful this time is. One thing that I’m proud of myself is how I prepared for interview. After I got my interview invitation I was researching day and night information that will help me during interview. Prepare for the worst and expect the best! Lawyer closing statement is important! I started my asylum journey by myself and hired attorney one year before interview was scheduled. I advise everyone to take attorney to interview no matter how strong you think your case is.
Be persistent with emails to uscis regarding your if you waiting on interview or decision, it takes 5 minutes to write email.
Good luck everyone! I hope you all will get approval soon. Will be glad to answer additional questions if someone interested.
Hi, i always email the houston office but all i get back is a simple your decision is pending from them. It's been almost 11 months since my interview but i'm still waiting for decision and my case status keeps on changing between application is pending and decision is pending. Is it only me or do they always give this kind of reply

Hi, i always email the houston office but all i get back is a simple your decision is pending from them. It's been almost 11 months since my interview but i'm still waiting for decision and my case status keeps on changing between application is pending and decision is pending. Is it only me or do they always give this kind of reply
Yes , I was receiving same emails, keep sending and include that it’s hard mentally on you. They will never say details over email. My case was approved on February 15 and I was sending emails not knowing that my case is approved! But answer was always “sorry for delay your case if pending final decision “

Hi all,
Applied November 2015
Congratulations man! Wish you all the best

Any strong case without attorney has weaknesses points and most likely anyone will end up in the deportation court if you don’t have attorney!! Out of 10 apply without attorney only 1-2 get approval ! Don’t be cheap when it comes to the most important thing in your life in the states!

Last edited:
Hi Alex, try requesting FoIA I heard in this forum itself that you can know the initial decision what the AO decided who had interviewed you.

P.S Am not 100% sure about the above statement someone correct me if I am wrong.

Hi Alex, try requesting FoIA I heard in this forum itself that you can know the initial decision what the AO decided who had interviewed you.

P.S Am not 100% sure about the above statement someone correct me if I am wrong.
That is correct. You will see that including officer notes.

Hello everyone. I'm already granted asylum from September 2021. Why they are sent me again this:

Did you change the address recently?

They will never refer your case to the court, don’t worry about that. Its probably a glitch in their system and also this happens when you update your new address (submitting form AR-11)

Stay positive!

Did you change the address recently?

They will never refer your case to the court, don’t worry about that. Its probably a glitch in their system and also this happens when you update your new address (submitting form AR-11)

Stay positive!
Thanks. will see. I don't see a reasons for some negative comes up

I believe this is just system glitch. My case was approved (Have A5 EAD, I-94 on hand) last week and it is also showing the status of " Decision was mailed" on the case tracker app.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! 2 weeks ago my lawyer sent a fax to Chicago asylum office about what happened what my case and today I received this mail