Waiting Asylum decision

I think I heard from my lawyers that asylum applications AFTER 2018 (or something like that - don't know the exact year) are processed immediately because the government does not want newer applicants to just seek asylum so they could get EAD and wait for years to stay in the country. I heard that back then, people used to file for illegitimate asylum cases just to get EAD because they know it's going to take years for it to be processed so they can just stay in the country.

So while it's unfair for some, it's also necessary so that they don't accumulate more pending cases.
Thats what I heard
You r rite, my friend filed asylum in early 2017 and still nothing, I filled in early 2018 and got first interview scheduled in Feb 2020, which I had to reschedule due to my medical issue and was scheduled for Nov 2021. But my friend still waiting.

Omg I’m approved!!!!
Congratulations. I will be having an asylum interview at Newark. Can you please tell me how was the treatment you received from the officer? What kind of questions they asked you? How long was the interview? You went alone or with a rep/lawyer? I would really appreciate your help. Thank you!

Last edited:
And how long the gap was in letter received & interview date...about a month?
Man you ask too many questions that doesn’t make sense everyone situation is different and that doesn’t mean what happened with him gonna be the same with you ! Some people are lucky and get faster decisions and some not! Same in the interviews so don’t build up your case timeframe or questions or whatever on anyone else! As every case is different and the security background check is also different from someone to other one!

It took so long for me. I arrived at 9am. Interview started at 10 or 1030 and I got out at 2 pm…so it was a 3.5 hr interview. It was during the height of Covid restrictions so even though it was in person, I was doing the interview in a separate room alone. My lawyers are in another room, and the officer in another room and we did a video interview. My lawyers were not allowed to interrupt and it was just the officer asking questions non stop and asking about specific dates and details about what I wrote in my affidavits (and other people’s affidavits) and literally about everything I submitted. At the end of the interview my lawyers made a 1 minute closing remark and then that’s it. They told me they would mail the decision in 2-4 weeks . But it actually took 1.5 years.

Last week i saw an update in FOIA. The decision of Asylum office.
It says my case it's referred to immigration court. In Justice website they scheduled my master hearing for May 24th. But in my online case status the decision stays still pending. It's 100% referral right ?
Do you have any idea how long this procedure takes after Master hearing , how long do i have to wait for Individual hearing?

Last week i saw an update in FOIA. The decision of Asylum office.
It says my case it's referred to immigration court. In Justice website they scheduled my master hearing for May 24th. But in my online case status the decision stays still pending. It's 100% referral right ?
Do you have any idea how long this procedure takes after Master hearing , how long do i have to wait for Individual hearing?
What is FOIA ? and How can we see our status there ? My decision also pending.

Hi all, I am following this forum for a while this is my first post.
I had my interview recently the AO didn’t asked me anything from the declaration.The only thing she stressed most of the time is, why can’t I live other state of my country in multiple ways. Is that a good sign can someone please share your opinion. Thank you.

Hi All, We have been called for the 3rd interview this week after 5 years. Now, we have a year old baby to bring along with us. I am not sure about the latest process. Can we take the baby along with us? Thanks.

Hi All, We have been called for the 3rd interview this week after 5 years. Now, we have a year old baby to bring along with us. I am not sure about the latest process. Can we take the baby along with us? Thanks.
Yes, We also went with our 2 Babies and I-Pad and all. The office Will just ask some normal Questions to both of you. Than will Tell only primary person to seat for interview and Another person will seat outside and he/she can use mobile or anything with kids.

Yes, We also went with our 2 Babies and I-Pad and all. The office Will just ask some normal Questions to both of you. Than will Tell only primary person to seat for interview and Another person will seat outside and he/she can use mobile or anything with kids.
Thanks for the reply.

hi i submitted my application of renewal EAD in august havent got any response till what could be the possible reason. and also my master hearing is in july .. what could be the possible outcome?

hi i submitted my application of renewal EAD in august havent got any response till what could be the possible reason. and also my master hearing is in july .. what could be the possible outcome?
Seriously? Does anyone here know your case? Know your evidence? Know what happened in the asylum office? Know what did the asylum officer wrote about you? My man you need to ask that question to your attorney but no one here can help you cause no one knows anything about your case ! The judge either gonna grant you asylum if u have strong case and the DHS attorney would agree on that or you either gonna get deportation order and you can go to BIA to get your last chance if the immigration judge rejected to get you approved!
good luck

i am waiting decision for 3 months and i sent email to the asylum office they responded to me that "my case is under asylum supervisor reviewed and it is pending for final decision" i do'nt know how long it is gonna take.
Can you tell me pls, how long it took to the asylum office to reply you? You just emailed them yes? After how many weeks you received respond ? And via email or via regular mail?

Hi all, I am following this forum for a while this is my first post.
I had my interview recently the AO didn’t asked me anything from the declaration.The only thing she stressed most of the time is, why can’t I live other state of my country in multiple ways. Is that a good sign can someone please share your opinion. Thank you.
That depends on how you responded to that question.
The AO spending the whole interview asking about it can means that he is not convinced that you are unable to remain in your home country in fear of persecution.
Having somewhere else to stay like in another city or state means that you can escape persecution if you go there.
You must prove to the AO that anywhere you go you won't be safe and the only alternative is that the US accept you as an asylee.

That depends on how you responded to that question.
The AO spending the whole interview asking about it can means that he is not convinced that you are unable to remain in your home country in fear of persecution.
Having somewhere else to stay like in another city or state means that you can escape persecution if you go there.
You must prove to the AO that anywhere you go you won't be safe and the only alternative is that the US accept you as an asylee.
Thanks for your reply Motze, that’s what I did waiting for my decision.