Waiting Asylum decision

Hi everyone!!!

There are two paths to claim asylum in the U.S. The affirmative asylum process is for individuals who are not in removal proceedings and the defensive asylum process is for individuals who are in removal proceedings.

Yes you’re approved and that’s so fast lucky you.

You had office in saettle or you went to San Francisco ?
Thank you Hellsofo, Yes. There is an office in Seattle so there was no need going to San Francisco..plus My lawyer would not have made it to Cali. I'm keeping my fingers crossed till I see my grant letter. But God has been so good to me thus far!

Hey, I had an interview in Feb 2022. The status was 'Decision is Pending. Mid-March, the status changed to 'Application is Pending.' Don't know what is next. When I inquired, the email response is, "case is under review and pending a final decision"

Any idea?

Last edited:
Hey, I had an interview in Feb 2022. The status was 'Decision is Pending. Mid-March, the status changed to 'Application is Pending.' Don't know what is next. When I inquired, the email response is, "case is under review and pending a final decision"

Any idea
Hi, my case never change to “application is pending”, the status after the interview is the same “decision is pending”. When I inquired they sent me the same “case is under review ande pending a final decision‍

Hi, my case never change to “application is pending”, the status after the interview is the same “decision is pending”. When I inquired they sent me the same “case is under review ande pending a final decision‍
How did you did inquiry? You just sent email? Or you did inquiry through uscis website?

Any idea?
How did you did inquiry? You just sent email? Or you did inquiry through uscis website?

First I sent the inquiry by email but someone at the Chicago office told me that (image) and after that My attorney sent it a fax

Attachments

• 05E5D3AE-5553-4938-A21F-356C81275C6E.png
    05E5D3AE-5553-4938-A21F-356C81275C6E.png
    1,023.6 KB · Views: 71
Question:

Hey, what happens to your visa if your asylum is approved? is it revoked? what if your current work is connected with your visa? should you just switch the status with the employer or further actions are needed.

Question:

Hey, what happens to your visa if your asylum is approved? is it revoked? what if your current work is connected with your visa? should you just switch the status with the employer or further actions are needed.
Good morning.. What kind of visa do you have? I recommend you talk wit an attorney about that because for example I have a visa b1-2 (visitor) and my attorney explained me automatically my visa is cancelled when I sent my asylum case I don’t know if in your case is the same