Waiting Asylum decision

Hello Every one,
My status through USCIS website was "Fees Were Waived"

They send me an email to update the case just right now, and the email shows that the EAD Clock is running.
HOWEVER, the USCIS website shows is STOPPED.

Which one should I believe, the email or the USCIS website?
Has anyone saw or heard something like that?
View attachment 1787

View attachment 1788
this usual, do not count on what is written in the email. sometimes it is not 100% accurate.
on the other hand, the website status is the accurate one.
I told you are 100% approved
do not panic

Forgive me to be scared! I have been waiting for 1267 days.
If I were in your position, I would have done the same until I receive the decision letter.
Again, you are lucky that you have received the "Fees were waived update" as it means 100% approval.
If you have missed it and opened the status check on "Decision was mailed" and you see the word "stopped" on the website and the word "running" in your email, you would have had a heart attack :).

If I were in your position, I would have done the same until I receive the decision letter.
Again, you are lucky that you have received the "Fees were waived update" as it means 100% approval.
If you have missed it and opened the status check on "Decision was mailed" and you see the word "stopped" on the website and the word "running" in your email, you would have had a heart attack :).
True, I am still in Hard Attach situation until now :)

hey everyone,i have one question please.
i have done my affirmative interview from san fransisco on 9th of march.my decision was scheduled on 24th of march.but due to pandemic it was delayed.i applied for my ead work permit on 2nd of july all of sudden on 3rd july i got almost 5 updates from uscis. written some thing like---

uscis update no.1-on march 24th we have received your case and waived the file fee.
2-New card is being produced.
3-on july 3rd,we ordered your new card for my case number and mailed to you.
4-my fingerprints relating is applied to my case.
now 5th is decision was mailed to you and so on. also my ead clock has been stopped at 170 days and till today its 170 days and stopped.

i know its so confusing can you please help out with this.i have seen some mail is coming to me through usps and it should be by tomrw.

i have done my affirmative interview from san fransisco on 9th of march.my decision was scheduled on 24th of march.but due to pandemic it was delayed.i applied for my ead work permit on 2nd of july all of sudden on 3rd july i got almost 5 updates from uscis. written some thing like---

uscis update no.1-on march 24th we have received your case and waived the file fee.
now 5th is decision was mailed to you and so on. also my ead clock has been stopped at 170 days and till today its 170 days and stopped.

i know its so confusing can you please help out with this.i have seen some mail is coming to me through usps and it should be by tomrw.
U approval. Just wait for your a5 card

It's an approval. Can your share your timeline?

applied on december 2019,had interview on march 2nd week 2020.
decision mailed july 2nd,so far waiting for that.the most recent status updated on 2nd july.
thanks though...
I’m exactly in the same boat. I just recieved a fees was waived. But backdated to 2019. Not sure what’s going on, worried that it is just a glitch & I’m being sent to court!!8193CA55-5660-4260-8AF2-43DF33C26D41.jpeg

I’m exactly in the same boat. I just recieved a fees was waived. But backdated to 2019. Not sure what’s going on, worried that it is just a glitch & I’m being sent to court!!View attachment 1793
In my opinion, all these were pending cases. They were almost approved but waiting for final review. Unfortunately, officers didn't have time because of the work load. However, because of the pandemic, USCIS stopped conducting interviews and officers found the time to finalize these pending cases.
The good news here that you are approved.
Congratulations.
Could you please update us, when you receive your approval letter and the I-94, about the approval date if it is July 2020 or backdated to 2019.
The reason for that's if you got your approval dated 2020 it is good; however, if it is backdated to 2019, then you haven't lost anytime waiting and you will be eligible for your adjustment of status I-485 right now.
Note: I am not sure about the backdated part, it is just a hypothetical idea came to my mind.
Congratulation one more time.

Hello Guys,
My online status has been changed to Fees Were Waved.

It said On April 24, 2019, we received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765

Also, online case said:
If you do not receive your receipt notice by May 24, 2019, contact the USCIS Contact Center at

I have applied in January 2017
Interviewed April 2019
Decision July 7/7
Louisiana NO
Congrats!!
Which Office? Did Interview happen on 7/7 and got approved on same day? At least your pics say that...

Here are the timelines for my case.

I came to the USA in 2013 as a graduate student. I was holding J-1 Visa. I graduated in June 2020. My visa expired in June 2020.

After 4 years of my arrival, 2017, I have applied to New Orleans office for Asylum as following:

1- Applied January 2017
2- Interview April 2019
3- June 2020 my lawyer send a Mandamus to the New Orleans office.
4- July 7/7 they send an email to my layer that they mail the decision. They send him the tracking number.
5- July 7/7 at 11:45 pm (NY) the status shows Fees Were Waived
6- July 7/8 at 1:15 pm (NY) the status changed to Decision Was Mailed and the clock is stopped, but I received an email and is stated that the clock is running
7- July 7/9 I received the approval.

Last edited: