Waiting Asylum decision

No, by law you don't have a right, but not ever asylum is in the same situation, if you have family members who are getting persecuted because of the wait time. you don't have any choice but to file for a mandamus.
There are two sides: the law says you have rights abcdef etc. USCIS specifically operates using their own rules, which are sometimes illegal, unlawful

In this case, in our analysis we are focusing on what USCIS is doing on the ground, how they are operating.

Keeping kids in cages? Fast track deportations? No decision for years after interview? Denying claims, even when there is evidence of credible fear? Mass arrests? Detention of asylum seekers? These are all potentially illegal things all dhs agencies are doing. They are not operating within the law. So, not helpful to try to force them to do things using the law. You will not win.

There are two sides: the law says you have rights abcdef etc. USCIS specifically operates using their own rules, which are sometimes illegal, unlawful

In this case, in our analysis we are focusing on what USCIS is doing on the ground, how they are operating.

Keeping kids in cages? Fast track deportations? No decision for years after interview? Denying claims, even when there is evidence of credible fear? Mass arrests? Detention of asylum seekers? These are all potentially illegal things all dhs agencies are doing. They are not operating within the law. So, not helpful to try to force them to do things using the law. You will not win.
I know, even though I know I will probably die, but I will not stay in a country where the government and the people running it do not want me to be part of it.

Hello Guys,
My online status has been changed to Fees Were Waved.

It said On April 24, 2019, we received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765

Also, online case said:
If you do not receive your receipt notice by May 24, 2019, contact the USCIS Contact Center at

I have applied in January 2017
Interviewed April 2019
Decision July 7/7
Louisiana NO

Attachments

• C6F9D742-DDFF-4534-AC04-D3E936FC6F09.jpeg
    C6F9D742-DDFF-4534-AC04-D3E936FC6F09.jpeg
    653.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 8B94234A-0C76-4C34-9E1D-1AD31CDE4603.jpeg
    8B94234A-0C76-4C34-9E1D-1AD31CDE4603.jpeg
    726.3 KB · Views: 145
Hello Guys,
My online status has been changed to Fees Were Waved.

It said On April 24, 2019, we received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765

Also, online case said:
If you do not receive your receipt notice by May 24, 2019, contact the USCIS Contact Center at

I have applied in January 2017
Interviewed April 2019
Decision July 7/7
Louisiana NO
Congratulations you approved and am very happy for you

Are you sure?

How can I be sure. I am out of status now.
"Fees were waived," what does this status mean for an asylum applicant?
The answer is that the asylum office has requested or ordered a new EAD for the applicant although the applicant may be already have one in hand or still waiting for the 150 days rule to apply for the first one.
The USCIS issue this EAD because the applicant's status has changed from C08 (pending asylum decision) to A05 (Approved or granted asylum). Because this EAD is for an Asylee, so there is no fee or in other words "Fees were waived."
So, Simply, you have been approved.
Congratulation.

"Fees were waived," what does this status mean for an asylum applicant?
The answer is that the asylum office has requested or ordered a new EAD for the applicant although the applicant may be already have one in hand or still waiting for the 150 days rule to apply for the first one.
The USCIS issue this EAD because the applicant's status has changed from C08 (pending asylum decision) to A05 (Approved or granted asylum). Because this EAD is for an Asylee, so there is no fee or in other words "Fees were waived."
So, Simply, you have been approved.
Congratulation.
Thank you so much!

Will I receive another EAD?
I have one and it will expire in May 2021.

Yes You will receive a new one with category A05, valid for 2 years.
The one that you have is C08.
One more thing, but please do not raise your hopes, I think you may receive your approval letter backdated to April 24, 2019.
which means that you are eligible now to apply for your Adjustment of status I-485.
Again, I am not sure about the date of your approval but I am sure about that you have been approved.
Kindly update us with the date that will be written on your letter as it will be a new experience for us.
Congratulation again.

Yes You will receive a new one with category A05, valid for 2 years.
The one that you have is C08.
One more thing, but please do not raise your hopes, I think you may receive your approval letter backdated to April 24, 2019.
which means that you are eligible now to apply for your Adjustment of status I-485.
Again, I am not sure about the date of your approval but I am sure about that you have been approved.
Kindly update us with the date that will be written on your letter as it will be a new experience for us.
Congratulation again.
Thank you so much!

I will update you. My lawyer send me a tracking number for the package and it seems I will receive the discion tomorrow.

I have two questions:

1-I am an asylum applicant in 2017. I had my interview in April 10 2019 but when i was checking my status I noticed that the status has changed to "Fees Were Waived"(we received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765) . My concern is that the date are showing in the website is already past (On April 24, 2019) and it also says that I should have received something by (May 24, 2019) which I have not revived, yet. Can you please help me on this situation? Please have a look at the attached pictures.

2- The title of the status on the USCIS website is "Fees Were Waived"
HOWEVER, the title of the email that I got from the USCIS said; "Your Case Status: Initial Review"

1594211204091.png1594211366758.png

Hello Every one,
My status through USCIS website was "Fees Were Waived"

They send me an email to update the case just right now, and the email shows that the EAD Clock is running.
HOWEVER, the USCIS website shows is STOPPED.

Which one should I believe, the email or the USCIS website?
Has anyone saw or heard something like that?
1594234171558.png

1594234283636.png

First of all congratulations to you and secondly you are spamming the thread with your same question. I know the temptation to get an answer is getting on you but please wait and people will respond to you and do not post same question again and again.

And now your turn to help other members, do you know what time of the day does uscis updates the status?

Thank you so much, Chokidar!

1- The first update was yesterday at 11:00 pm (NY). Fees Were Waived.

2- This afternoon at 1:15 P.M (NY) Decision Was Mailed and EAD Clock stopped (But the email said EAD Clock is running)

Thank you so much, Chokidar!

1- The first update was yesterday at 11:00 pm (NY). Fees Were Waived.

2- This afternoon at 1:15 P.M (NY) Decision Was Mailed and EAD Clock stopped (But the email said EAD Clock is running)
We had another similar case in the forum last week, where email and online tracking were different. It was an approval eventually.