Waiting Asylum decision

Which office?
Could you please share your timeline?
Applied for asylum in 2016 July, got an interview on October 8, 2019, the decision was mailed on July 1, 2020. remember I had to file mandamus to get interview and decision. I was born in a Muslim country even though I am not Muslim it is very hard for people from Muslim countries to get interview on time.

Ok, I got it.
The mandamus didn't affect your case negatively. You have pushed them to issue a decision. The officer seems that he isn't confident that there is a credible fear. So, he didn't grant it.
The mandamus doesn't affect your result positively or negatively; it is just pushes USCIS to expedite the process and work on your case.
Sometimes it fires back. Anyway, wait until you receive your decision, and if it isn't in your favor, go to the court especially that it seems that you have an expert lawyer who deals well with the court; provided that you are out of status. Because if you are in status, the decision will be simply denial.
My case was strong, I and my family have helped Americans for many years back in Afghanistan. I was a refugee for half of my life because of the Taliban and because I am not a Muslim. but it seems that they are trying to discourage people from applying for asylum, by making them wait for a lifetime, and then when they file mandamus they will send a rejection. remember all my cousins, my brother in law, and my sister were granted asylum in the united state in the past 10 years.

My case was strong, I and my family have helped Americans for many years back in Afghanistan. I was a refugee for half of my life because of the Taliban and because I am not a Muslim. but it seems that they are trying to discourage people from applying for asylum, by making them wait for a lifetime, and then when they file mandamus they will send a rejection. remember all my cousins, my brother in law, and my sister were granted asylum in the united state in the past 10 years.
First, I am so sorry for you and for the situation that you are already in. Second, I want to clarify something to you, the US will never do games to push people not to apply for asylum. Simply, if they don't want refugees, they will close the program. The problem is that some people manipulate the system to get legal presence in the US. Unfortunately, the number of these people is increasing.
Third, the officer who interviewed you doesn't have anything against you. He is simply following the rules to make sure that only valid claims get the asylum. Probably, you couldn't convince him that you have a valid claim for a reason or another, such as, cultural and language differences. Finally, if you are out of status and the decision isn't in your favor, you will have another chance to argue your case in the immigration court.

I have reason to believe that the immigration officers under this administration work under the directive to be unfavorable to men from Muslim countries.

Check out this video. An immigration lawyer agrees with me.

First, I am so sorry for you and for the situation that you are already in. Second, I want to clarify something to you, the US will never do games to push people not to apply for asylum. Simply, if they don't want refugees, they will close the program. The problem is that some people manipulate the system to get legal presence in the US. Unfortunately, the number of these people is increasing.
Third, the officer who interviewed you doesn't have anything against you. He is simply following the rules to make sure that only valid claims get the asylum. Probably, you couldn't convince him that you have a valid claim for a reason or another, such as, cultural and language differences. Finally, if you are out of status and the decision isn't in your favor, you will have another chance to argue your case in the immigration court.
I am still in status, F1 status. I came to the United States with full bright scholarships to study in the USA. I have never asked for any kind of assistance from the USCIS, instead, I have spent more than 200k of my own money on housing, food, and cloths. now I still haven't received my decision. I think I might be a rejection because you said if the decision is mailed and the EAD clock is still running then mostly it is negative, but I hope it is not true.

I am still in status, F1 status. I came to the United States with full bright scholarships to study in the USA. I have never asked for any kind of assistance from the USCIS, instead, I have spent more than 200k of my own money on housing, food, and cloths. now I still haven't received my decision. I think I might be a rejection because you said if the decision is mailed and the EAD clock is still running then mostly it is negative, but I hope it is not true.
It's may recommend approval. No matter what, don't lose hope.

Applied for asylum in 2016 July, got an interview on October 8, 2019, the decision was mailed on July 1, 2020. remember I had to file mandamus to get interview and decision. I was born in a Muslim country even though I am not Muslim it is very hard for people from Muslim countries to get interview on time.
Wow we filed asylum the same year @ the same office but I had my interview that same year and still waiting for a decision …Also filed for mandamus in January 2020 and still no decision yet..very frustrating not knowing what is holding up the decision for so long.

Hello friends, my decision changed yesterday to decision mailed my clock stuck but the clock is currently running kindly help the meaning

Hello friends, my decision changed yesterday to decision mailed my clock stuck but the clock is currently running kindly help the meaning
DO NOT LOOK TO THE NUMBERS.
They don't reflect your status accurately. Sometimes they don't increase, but the clock is still running.
The only thing that reflect the status is the sentence that clearly states "Your EAD clock is currently running" or "Your EAD clock is currently stopped"
Based on that, when decision is mailed:
If currently stopped:
If you are out of status: this is approval
If you are in status: may be approval or NOID
If currently running:
It may be recommended approval or referral to immigration Court.
Just a clue: if your interview was recently done, then chances for recommended approval are high; however, if your interview was long time ago, then chances for referral to court are high.

You completed your interview with USCIS.11/06/2017
We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
My decison was mailed but I still don’t see yet.but if I check my z number it’s giving me decison was mailed and those 2 top lines.but I renewed my ead before my decison to be mailed.any idea
this is ur EAD, as an Asylee, c5
Congratulations 100% approval
Relax

There a lot of cases when decision is mailed and “clock is running” but numbers never increase again.
This is system glitch.
If the site says currently running, so it's currently running.
I told you my opinion, if it is wrong, kindly update me.
I will be more than happy to know and improve my knowledge.

DO NOT LOOK TO THE NUMBERS.
They don't reflect your status accurately. Sometimes they don't increase, but the clock is still running.
The only thing that reflect the status is the sentence that clearly states "Your EAD clock is currently running" or "Your EAD clock is currently stopped"
Based on that, when decision is mailed:
If currently stopped:
If you are out of status: this is approval
If you are in status: may be approval or NOID
If currently running:
It may be recommended approval or referral to immigration Court.
Just a clue: if your interview was recently done, then chances for recommended approval are high; however, if your interview was long time ago, then chances for referral to court are high.

Hi Ishakp02!

I like your clue ;), based on your knowledge and research can you please explain more about the chances for recommended approval if I got a recent interview?, (BTW, when I said recent I mean 6 months), thanks in advance.

Stay safe

Hi Ishakp02!

I like your clue ;), based on your knowledge and research can you please explain more about the chances for recommended approval if I got a recent interview?, (BTW, when I said recent I mean 6 months), thanks in advance.

Stay safe
The idea about recommended approval is that the officer and the supervisor are both extremely confident that credible fear has been established; however, they also believe that a delay may occur due to paper work or the security check. So, they issue a recommended approval which allows the applicant applies immediately for EAD regardless the 180 days rule has been elapsed or not. This why I believe that the longer the duration after the interview, the lower the chances that it is recommended approval.By the way, I meant by clue is that this is not a rule, it is my guessing, which could be wrong, but whoever in that situation I prefer not to give him false hope and be prepared for the bad news.

Types of Asylum Decisions:
1. Grant of Asylum
2. Referral to an Immigration Court
3. Recommended Approval
4. Notice of Intent to Deny
5. Final Denial

Recommended Approval

We will issue a recommended approval when you are eligible for asylum but we have not received the results of required security checks. A recommended approval includes your spouse and children, provided that:

• They are present in the United States
  • They were included on your application
  • You established a qualifying relationship to them
When a recommended approval has been issued due to pending security checks, you and your family members may apply for permission to work in the United States by filing Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. When we receive the results of the required security checks and you are cleared, the recommended approval will be changed to a grant of asylum (see 'Grant of Asylum' section above).

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-and-asylum/asylum/types-asylum-decisions