Waiting Asylum decision

I am saying my decison was mailed since Friday and I did not get it yet so how long it usually take to get mail from USCIS?
3—7 days as usual. Sometimes it can take longer for sure. You can call or write them if you don’t get your decision in long time.

Hi everyone, I’ve been watching this forum for a while and got so many helpful information. Today I got an update saying the fees were waived. Here is my time line: applied Oct 2016 in New York. Moved to Chicago Office area June 2019. Interview was on Feb. I think it looks like the decision was made long before, because the update says fees were waived and the application was received on March. I’ll keep you guys posted.

Last edited:
USCIS is approving pending green card EADs but they refuse to mail them as long as the applicant has not been fingerprinted at an ASC before. My lawyer says they might do the same thing for pending asylum EADs too. The GC EAD is an advanced parolee card too but that's not true for the asylum EAD.

Does the physical EAD card of c(8) category have a fingerprint mark on it or not?
Mine says: "fingerprint not available" and is valid for 2 years.

Mine says: "fingerprint not available" and is valid for 2 years.
Thanks for your response. I haven't been fingerprinted and I want to apply for EAD. Looks like the earliest that ASCs will open is July 20th. I hope they will issue my EAD without biometrics

th
Hi everyone, I’ve been watching this forum for a while and got so many helpful information. Today I got an update saying the fees were waived. Here is my time line: applied Oct 2016 in New York. Moved to Chicago Office area June 2019. Interview was on Feb. I think it looks like the decision was made long before, because the update says fees were waived and the application was received on March. I’ll keep you guys posted.
it happend to my friend too. he get his decison and a5 card at june early. but actually in systeam. uscis order his a5 card at the march 29th. so i think cause to the covid 19 ,everything is daley. but as long as uscis doesn't close. everybody gonna get their decison. espcial right now. no much people come in and apply for asylum.

Congratulations on the approval!

USCIS is approving pending green card EADs but they refuse to mail them as long as the applicant has not been fingerprinted at an ASC before. My lawyer says they might do the same thing for pending asylum EADs too. The GC EAD is an advanced parolee card too but that's not true for the asylum EAD.

Does the physical EAD card of c(8) category have a fingerprint mark on it or not?
Even though i was fingerprinted last year oct but when i got my first EAD in March it says "Fingerprint not available".

I believe it's an approval based on what I've seen on this forum.
Since you came here on a tourist visa, you have no status.
If it says clock is "running", it will be a referral to court because the applicant need their clocks to be running to still be eligible for pending asylum EAD. if it says "stopped", it's an approval because you don't need the clock counting anymore.

You completed your interview with USCIS.11/06/2017
We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
My decison was mailed but I still don’t see yet.but if I check my z number it’s giving me decison was mailed and those 2 top lines.but I renewed my ead before my decison to be mailed.any idea

Check this image, especially the sentence that is highlighted in yellow. If yours says "currently stopped" it is approval. If it says"currently running" it may be recommend approval or referral to court
my status changed to the decision was mailed, but the clock is still running. I filed mandamus to sue the USCIS twice so I guess they rejected me because of that.

first time to get an interview, second time to get a decision.
Ok, I got it.
The mandamus didn't affect your case negatively. You have pushed them to issue a decision. The officer seems that he isn't confident that there is a credible fear. So, he didn't grant it.
The mandamus doesn't affect your result positively or negatively; it is just pushes USCIS to expedite the process and work on your case.
Sometimes it fires back. Anyway, wait until you receive your decision, and if it isn't in your favor, go to the court especially that it seems that you have an expert lawyer who deals well with the court; provided that you are out of status. Because if you are in status, the decision will be simply denial.