Waiting Asylum decision

Hi guys,

I just received my SSN today, but the thing is I havent received my EAD card (although already received approval notice mail form USCIS).

I read some info that EAD should be received first then SSN a week or two after that. is this normal? or does it mean my EAD card is lost when USCIS mail it to me (post office problem) ?

I also havent received the reschedulling date to appear in court for master hearing (LA court). it was cancelled due to Covid-19. any one has the same situation with me? any info? my lawyer office in LA still closed, probably until July :(

stay safe guys!
Hi HarapanJaya.
I went through exactly the same situation (so I know how confused you must be, looking for answers, similar cases), even though it is not "normal" that you receive the SSN first and then the EAD ... it happens ... My EAD card came after 3 weeks, be patient and remember that we are living times that are not normal for anyone, I hope I have given you some peace of mind.

Stay safe.

Hi HarapanJaya.
I went through exactly the same situation (so I know how confused you must be, looking for answers, similar cases), even though it is not "normal" that you receive the SSN first and then the EAD ... it happens ... My EAD card came after 3 weeks, be patient and remember that we are living times that are not normal for anyone, I hope I have given you some peace of mind.

Stay safe.

thanks for sharing your experience... its easing my mind. cheers.

If you changed your address, you'd better check the mailbox in your former place. USCIS is bad at updating addresses
Who knows what does this mean in circle of the Attached picture? By the way, I am out of status

Attachments

• 20200520_031143.jpg
    20200520_031143.jpg
    686.2 KB · Views: 128
Who knows what does this mean in circle of the Attached picture? By the way, I am out of status
This is just template.
But there's a bad news, look for the paragraph above the circle, it says that your clock is currently running, and you are out of status, so it is referral to the immigration Court.
Sorry

I have inquired about my case by email and got an update: “You will be rescheduled for a follow up interview sometime in the future once USCIS resume normal operation.” Does it mean that I’m gonna have a second interview? What may be a reason?
I suspect many people who were interviewed in the months leading up to the quarantine will get interviewed again because the USCIS is suffering financially right now and they may end up laying off some of their staff, including the AO that interviewed you.

Here is the source

Hi guys,
Can you please advise? I wanna hire a lawyer for my case... which one you guys think will be more helpful.. I got a lawyer just started two months ago but he used to be an asylum officer. When I talked with him, he explained to me too many things and also he told me that the first thing you should do is to ask for the details report that your asylum officer did it about your decision to overcome every inconsistency you did...and the other lawyer has more than 15 years experience with immigration court..So I'm confused which one I should pick?
A friend of mine told me that get the new one, because he will better focus on your case and will do more effort than the others, because he wanna get more successful cases.
What do you guys think?

Hi guys,
Can you please advise? I wanna hire a lawyer for my case... which one you guys think will be more helpful.. I got a lawyer just started two months ago but he used to be an asylum officer. When I talked with him, he explained to me too many things and also he told me that the first thing you should do is to ask for the details report that your asylum officer did it about your decision to overcome every inconsistency you did...and the other lawyer has more than 15 years experience with immigration court..So I'm confused which one I should pick?
A friend of mine told me that get the new one, because he will better focus on your case and will do more effort than the others, because he wanna get more successful cases.
What do you guys think?
I agree with your friend. The younger lawyers are more motivated and try to do a good job. The more experienced ones, especially those who have had similar cases to yours, will not spend that much time. I had a similar dilemma and I chose the younger choice. Very satisfied.