Waiting Asylum decision

I agree with your friend. The younger lawyers are more motivated and try to do a good job. The more experienced ones, especially those who have had similar cases to yours, will not spend that much time. I had a similar dilemma and I chose the younger choice. Very satisfied.
Thank you so much..I hope all the best for you

Hi guys,
Can you please advise? I wanna hire a lawyer for my case... which one you guys think will be more helpful.. I got a lawyer just started two months ago but he used to be an asylum officer. When I talked with him, he explained to me too many things and also he told me that the first thing you should do is to ask for the details report that your asylum officer did it about your decision to overcome every inconsistency you did...and the other lawyer has more than 15 years experience with immigration court..So I'm confused which one I should pick?
A friend of mine told me that get the new one, because he will better focus on your case and will do more effort than the others, because he wanna get more successful cases.
What do you guys think?

I'm a lawyer too and I suggest you to get a more experienced lawyer rather than a newly licensed one. Asylum cases should follow Legal Standard in order to be approved. Do you know what does it mean?
Your lawyer should have good Legal Research and Legal Writing abilities. Legal Research needs extensive experience. With the help of legal research your lawyer may be able to find similar cases ( USA follows common law/case law principles) and align it with your story.
Remember most asylum officers are not lawyers, and even more of them don't have any state license to practice. They might have some insider information about common principles of their former job but will not use anything illegal to help you win. Only legal standard can help you win. Besides, if your case goes to the court, experienced lawyer is a must have, because judges respect legally prudent and fluent lawyers, and to get another lawyer familiar with your case may take a lot of time. Courts MUST abide to Legal Standards and decisions of other courts and this is the place where great skills of Legal experience come to play. Hope this will help you in your search.

I'm a lawyer too and I suggest you to get a more experienced lawyer rather than a newly licensed one. Asylum cases should follow Legal Standard in order to be approved. Do you know what does it mean?
Your lawyer should have good Legal Research and Legal Writing abilities. Legal Research needs extensive experience. With the help of legal research your lawyer may be able to find similar cases ( USA follows common law/case law principles) and align it with your story.
Remember most asylum officers are not lawyers, and even more of them don't have any state license to practice. They might have some insider information about common principles of their former job but will not use anything illegal to help you win. Only legal standard can help you win. Besides, if your case goes to the court, experienced lawyer is a must have, because judges respect legally prudent and fluent lawyers, and to get another lawyer familiar with your case may take a lot of time. Courts MUST abide to Legal Standards and decisions of other courts and this is the place where great skills of Legal experience come to play. Hope this will help you in your search.
Makes a lot of sense. Highly appreciated

Hey guys
So my master hearing is on July 16th which is superrrrr fast. Thank god for that
I’ll update you what happens then :D
Cherish the swift processings while it lasts. When Joe Biden becomes president, the waiting times will be 5+ years again. He promised long ago that he will leave the Mexican border open again, similar to Obama time. This will burden the system with hundreds of thousands of people :(

Cherish the swift processings while it lasts. When Joe Biden becomes president, the waiting times will be 5+ years again. He promised long ago that he will leave the Mexican border open again, similar to Obama time. This will burden the system with hundreds of thousands of people :(

IF he becomes xD
Hope I finish this mess before that , let’s see how it goes.

But how long will be waiting times if USCIS start fire asylum officers…
They may have already furloughed the asylum officers. There is almost zero activity in offices in the past two months.

I juts want to use this opportunity and say F**CK those who vote for Democrats in any period of the American history.

They may have already furloughed the asylum officers. There is almost zero activity in offices in the past two months.

I juts want to use this opportunity and say F**CK those who vote for Democrats in any period of the American history.
You are an immigrants begging for protection and at the same time cursing people that you are begging them to protect you. If someone is really running away from danger in thier home country and find themselves in a safe place i bet they will be patient to receive freedom.

My two cents:
  1. Patience
    1. I have written here on several posts that in order to navigate the asylum process, you need to be very patient. Processing of your claim is at the mercy of the immigration agencies and courts, whose efficiency is dependent on politics in Washington D.C. Speaking from my own experience, I think most of us are forced into the asylum process, and the reality of the process and our initial expectations do not match. I certainly thought I would be done in a few months. I was wrong. It took 25 months. Of course like everyone, I was frustrated as the process dragged on. Unlike you recent fillers, during our time, most people were not eligible for EADs, so we couldn't work on top of waiting. I endured some of my dark days, most difficult days, while waiting for my asylum claim to be settled.
    2. However, as I met other asylee applicants, as I attended the asylum hearings at the Immigration Court, I came to realize that those getting a final decision in 9, 16, 25, 30 months etc were very lucky: In 2009, I attended a hearing of a case of a man from Iran. He had been battling to get a final decision on his case since 1995.
  2. The Future
    1. I think one of the things that helped me survive waiting for my case to be processed was imagining the future. The waiting, the frustrations, etc, were ok. Close family abandoning me, relationships broken, that was ok. Because approval of the case would provide me with a refuge, a safe place to live. And perhaps, I could have a career, I could do the impossible. Of course, I'm still nursing the wounds of the past, the broken family relationships. But, nine years since the case was finally approved, I have established a corporate career, I have been safe from the COP goons, and I'm on standby to finish my phd. So, I think things have gone well for the most part.
  3. Guests
    1. I think that we are guests here in America. The one thing we can all do is to respect their ways, their laws, how they do things. We are not entitled to anything, the Americans do not owe us anything. While everyone's situation is different, I feel that for the most part, their system works in the end. As we fight for our cases, we should always remember that.
    2. As today is memorial day, take the time to understand their history. I always find that I'm so thankful to older Americans, their dead: their hard work, their sacrifice made it possible for me to be here, claiming asylum.
Happy Memorial Day & Good Luck on your cases for you who are waiting!!

Last edited:
hi i have a court referral on june 4th, my question is it going to schedule on that particular date of getting postponed havent got any update from uscis .. do you guys any email or contact information so that i can contact them??/

hi i have a court referral on june 4th, my question is it going to schedule on that particular date of getting postponed havent got any update from uscis .. do you guys any email or contact information so that i can contact them??/

Courts closed until June 12th so you’re going to be rescheduled to July

You need to take a chill pill and grow up from using such remarks! Even some citizens born here don't act as such, let alone someone seeking for help...
Everyone cannot sleep and face the same direction, politics exist in our everyday life and life will continue to be a commodity for those who have lived. Please, refrain from targeting groups if you truly want to grow in life. Focus on yourself, potentials and explore your interests. Never let depression push you to do wrong things you may or may not regret. The most important thing is to worry less and build confidence in life.

You need to take a chill pill and grow up from using such remarks! Even some citizens born here don't act as such, let alone someone seeking for help...
Everyone cannot sleep and face the same direction, politics exist in our everyday life and life will continue to be a commodity for those who have lived. Please, refrain from targeting groups if you truly want to grow in life. Focus on yourself, potentials and explore your interests. Never let depression push you to do wrong things you may or may not regret. The most important thing is to worry less and build confidence in life.
Thank you for sharing this, and for providing this advice. This is very important. Here on the forum, I heard that someone, during their their asylum interview, they decided, to curse at the asylum officer conducting their interview. Apparently, the asylum interview degenerated into chaos, with the asylum applicant swearing at the asylum officer, threatening the asylum officer. This is completely unacceptable. People should always remember that as asylees, we are not entitled to anything. a) even if things are difficult, always treat the asylum officers with respect (even if you are living on the street, homeless like i was.) b) maintain your dignity. While asylum officers might not appreciate it, being dignified, professional always helps in the end. c) There are many services out there to help with trauma from the past. Go for cancelling if possible. At the interview, present facts of your case, do not include drama. Thank you. Good luck.

USCIS Preparing to Resume Public Services on June 4

Asylum Offices
USCIS asylum offices will automatically reschedule asylum interviews that were cancelled during the temporary closures. When USCIS reschedules the interview, asylum applicants will receive a new interview notice with the new time, date and location for the interview and information about safety precautions.

In accordance with social distancing guidelines, and due to the length of asylum interviews, asylum offices expect to conduct video-facilitated asylum interviews, where the applicants sit in one room and the interviewing officer sits in another room. Asylum offices will use available technology, including mobile devices provided by the agency, to ensure that the officer, applicant, interpreter and representative can fully and safely participate in the interview while maintaining social distancing.

For affirmative asylum interviews, applicants must bring all immediate family members listed as dependents on the application and an interpreter, if the applicant does not speak English. Additionally, a representative, witness, individual providing disability accommodations or “trusted adult” if an applicant is a minor, may attend the interview.

For non-detained credible or reasonable fear interviews, individuals must bring any family members listed on the interview notice. Representatives may attend credible and reasonable fear interviews but are encouraged to participate telephonically. USCIS will provide contracted, professional interpreters for credible and reasonable fear interviews.

Source: USCIS Webpage

Oh my friend, I suggest you not ever swearing when you are guest somewhere. Especially in a public forum as such. You are essentially cursing half of the population and amongst them millions of decent people who are not aware of immigration system and vote because they believe it can help them to live a better life. Living in your country you would not vote for better immigration but for better life of yours and your family. I suggest you to be mindful