Waiting Asylum decision

How was your second interview? Was it with a different officer?
Did the country conditions in your country change since 2013?
hello, yes it was different officer and it wasn't long maybe two hours, they had some questions to clarify. second interview was in july still waiting.

1868 days still pending ☹️
Seems USCIS has just stopped functioning. Seems there is an unofficial position to stop/block people applying for asylum. This is very bad. How can applicants wait for 4 years waiting for a decision?
Good luck, hope you hear from them soon. The people I talk to say that now the wait is for a new administration to come in and clear this backlog. + It's not just for asylum applicants, but delays are across all petition categories, from greens cards to citizenship. They are forcing people to wait up to two years or more to complete the citizenship process. Anyway, good luck!

Hello Everyone, I am new here.
I Submitted i589 in Mid-September. Fingerprinted in Mid-October. Interviewed in 1st week of December. online status "Decision is Pending".
My Asylum office is San Francisco. Currently not in legal status so the officer said to come and pick your decision in two weeks, but my attorney said that it is less likely that they will make a decision in two weeks. When you guys think I will receive the decision.
Please don't fail to go pick it up. Delay might stop your clock.

Guys, I just been reviewing my I-589 form and found out one very critical mistake. In Part A.I. Question 19.a When did you last leave your country? (mm/dd/yyyy) I made mistake with year. It supposed to be 2019, but I put 2018. And question 19.c “List each entry to US begining with most recent entry” I made same mistake.

What can I do now so these mistakes do not lead to bad consequences? Thank you
If you are the one that filled it, then say it was a mistake when you get to the asylum office for interview. They will have to ask you if you are the one that filled it or someone helped you and also if you reviewed it before filing then you can point out the mistake to them. You will be fine they will correct it.

You just have to follow-up with the local field office near you. Go and check with them.

Caution: The immigration system, the asylum process, has no heart, doesn't care about the current state of the applicant: whether the applicant is poor, whether the applicant is struggling, etc. They only care about the merits of the case. Look at how they are treating the refugees from latin america on the southern border. They don't care. So, do not ever bring up your situation to them, do not tell them that you are struggling, do not say that you are living on the street etc. They interpret that as meaning you are applying for asylum because you are an economic refugee.

I don't know what city you are in. If you are in NYC or Chicago...go to the Dept of Health - Family Services. Sign-up with your family, they will find you housing, pretty fast. They will pay for it until you are able to afford it. Normally, you get these city benefits even if you have no legal status. Cities do not care about your status, for the most part, unlike the federal or state govts.

Be prepared to struggle for the next few years until your case is approved. As someone who has gone through this process, I can assure you that these dark days will come to pass. From hereon, things will only get better. Do not lose hope or get frustrated. It will work out. Good luck.
Am wowed dear thanks for this

I was applied asylum August 2018 and my wife so dependent in my applicarion after that we did fingerprints and interviewed in December 2018 after 1 year my wife get fingerprint notice and interview notice my question that why uscis send notice to dependent applicant

I was applied asylum August 2018 and my wife so dependent in my applicarion after that we did fingerprints and interviewed in December 2018 after 1 year my wife get fingerprint notice and interview notice my question that why uscis send notice to dependent applicant

Hi everyone,

I really need your advice,
I want to know if I can work in any company that works base on W2 and EAD, most of the companies reject me when they find out that my work authorization is dependent of my asylum case

Hi everyone,

I want to know if I can work in any company that works base on W2 and EAD, most of the companies reject me when they find out that my work authorization is dependent of my asylum case
If you have a valid EAD and Social Security Number, they can't reject you. When you applied for asylum?

Hi everyone,

Yes. This is a VERY common problem to encounter. There is no guarantee that you can stay in the US and it doesn't make sense for many employers, especially tech and IT industries, to hire asylum seekers. Simply because they don't want to spend time and money on training you and then you end up getting deported from the US.

Fingerprints are valid for 15 months from the date of processing by the FBI. As you filed your case in August 2018, it does fall under that time frame, this is normal. But we don't know about your case, maybe FBI needs to double check your fingerprints as there are some doubts about the first ones. Same with the interview, was your wife part of the statement? maybe they need to verify some information. Were you is status when you filed your case?

Fingerprints are valid for 15 months from the date of processing by the FBI. As you filed your case in August 2018, it does fall under that time frame, this is normal. But we don't know about your case, maybe FBI needs to double check your fingerprints as there are some doubts about the first ones. Same with the interview, was your wife part of the statement? maybe they need to verify some information. Were you is status when you filed your case?
I know fingerprint valid for 15 months but they asked only my wife biometric and interview we applied August 2018 and still decision pendind

Hi everyone,

Am not sure how they know you have pending asylum they cant reject you

My attorney has been informed by the asylum officer (San Francisco), that we can't issue a decision in the given two weeks time, because we need to do some additional security checks and once it is completed the decision will be mailed to you.
Interview went well.
So, guys any idea about how much time it will take? is it a positive sign?
Could be 2 months to one year , mine was 10 months after the interview , from iraq

Hi, (my husband ane me) have a pending decision asylum since April 2019. we file i 765 for ead on November, my i 765 was denied since december 12th and i don't receive the notice yet, or the i765 for my husban stay in the stay *finger review was completed) since december 5th.
My husband is the principal applicant for the asylum, and me the derivative.
it's normal that my i765 for ead was denied?

Hi, (my husband ane me) have a pending decision asylum since April 2019. we file i 765 for ead on November, my i 765 was denied since december 12th and i don't receive the notice yet, or the i765 for my husban stay in the stay *finger review was completed) since december 5th.
My husband is the principal applicant for the asylum, and me the derivative.
it's normal that my i765 for ead was denied?
I have seen EAD applications being denied only if the applicant requested an EAD earlier than 150 days. They will reject your application even if your applied one day before reaching 150 days on your clock. However, you said you waited from April until November which is more than 5 months