Waiting Asylum decision

I think you didn’t read my question carefully. I know that I can travel if I do have EAD or valid driver license. I mentioned that I do have pending asylum and pending work authorization case, which means I don’t have EAD or driver license.
I was asking if I can travel domestically with pending i589 and pending i765, with valid national passport and expired visa in it.
I’m sorry, I think you cannot travel unless you have valid ID received from US gov.

I think you didn’t read my question carefully. I know that I can travel if I do have EAD or valid driver license. I mentioned that I do have pending asylum and pending work authorization case, which means I don’t have EAD or driver license.
I was asking if I can travel domestically with pending i589 and pending i765, with valid national passport and expired visa in it.
https://learn.simplecitizen.com/2018/07/can-i-fly-while-my-green-card-application-is-processing/

Thank you for the answer. In the link that you have provided says one can travel with foreign government-issued passport(national passport) which is in my case I do have unexpired national passport from my country. I believe I can travel with my passport+pending i589 within the US to another state, just want to be sure beforehand, and ask those who has experience encountering this particular issue.

Thank you for the answer. In the link that you have provided says one can travel with foreign government-issued passport(national passport) which is in my case I do have unexpired national passport from my country. I believe I can travel with my passport+pending i589 within the US to another state, just want to be sure beforehand, and ask those who has experience encountering this particular issue.
I’ve traveled by only showing my driving license but never had the experience with the national passport maybe others who have been traveled through their national passport in this forum can aid you. Btw you had your interview in the Chicago asylum office right, so how was your interview ? Is your AO male or female?

I’ve traveled by only showing my driving license but never had the experience with the national passport maybe others who have been traveled through their national passport in this forum can aid you. Btw you had your interview in the Chicago asylum office right, so how was your interview ? Is your AO male or female?

My interview was good and it lasted around 4 hours, not even intense like in others case. Also, AO was a male and very respectful, approximately 50-60 years old. Thinking about reaching out my local congressman to push the case, I know it may not help, but who knows. I don't want to wait for years, even knowing that there are many people waiting for 3-5 years to get the decision. But I will explore every opportunity to get my decision faster, as believe in my case.

In order to travel, you need a valid ID. National Passport (if you are not a US person) is a VALID ID. Thank you and good luck.

Please guide me I’m here a asylum applicant submitted my i589 on August 2019 and haven’t heard about interview call yet, my family wife and two child currently living in back home in very worst condition, is there any way out call them here. Please let’s me know what are the possibilities

Filed 04/14/2017
Interview 01/15/2019
Renew EAD 08/13/2019 I paid renewal fee
I checked the LIN number its says fingerprint reviewed.
Today I check the Z number for asylum it says fees waived 01/30/2019
I have been patient this long, but I wouldn't mind if someone could help me analyze. Thanks
It's an approval dear congratulations

Please guide me I’m here a asylum applicant submitted my i589 on August 2019 and haven’t heard about interview call yet, my family wife and two child currently living in back home in very worst condition, is there any way out call them here. Please let’s me know what are the possibilities
You just have to follow-up with the local field office near you. Go and check with them.

Caution: The immigration system, the asylum process, has no heart, doesn't care about the current state of the applicant: whether the applicant is poor, whether the applicant is struggling, etc. They only care about the merits of the case. Look at how they are treating the refugees from latin america on the southern border. They don't care. So, do not ever bring up your situation to them, do not tell them that you are struggling, do not say that you are living on the street etc. They interpret that as meaning you are applying for asylum because you are an economic refugee.

I don't know what city you are in. If you are in NYC or Chicago...go to the Dept of Health - Family Services. Sign-up with your family, they will find you housing, pretty fast. They will pay for it until you are able to afford it. Normally, you get these city benefits even if you have no legal status. Cities do not care about your status, for the most part, unlike the federal or state govts.

Be prepared to struggle for the next few years until your case is approved. As someone who has gone through this process, I can assure you that these dark days will come to pass. From hereon, things will only get better. Do not lose hope or get frustrated. It will work out. Good luck.

This question is to people whose case is pending for 150 days or more...have u applied for EAD?Have you got your EAD recently based on this?

Have you got any receipt of acknowledgement after you applied for work permit based on pending asylum?How long have u been waiting for EAD?

Have you got any receipt of acknowledgement after you applied for work permit based on pending asylum?How long have u been waiting for EAD?

Yes, I received the receipt letter after one week of sending i765 to Texas Service Center (USCIS). I'm waiting for my EAD around one month.

Yes, I received the receipt letter after one week of sending i765 to Texas Service Center (USCIS). I'm waiting for my EAD around one month.
Didn't you get interviewed by the Chicago office? Why then did you send your EAD request to Texas?

Didn't you get interviewed by the Chicago office? Why then did you send your EAD request to Texas?

Yes, my interview was in Chicago. I sent my EAD application to Texas Service Center because this service center covers the area where I live.

You just have to follow-up with the local field office near you. Go and check with them.

Caution: The immigration system, the asylum process, has no heart, doesn't care about the current state of the applicant: whether the applicant is poor, whether the applicant is struggling, etc. They only care about the merits of the case. Look at how they are treating the refugees from latin america on the southern border. They don't care. So, do not ever bring up your situation to them, do not tell them that you are struggling, do not say that you are living on the street etc. They interpret that as meaning you are applying for asylum because you are an economic refugee.

I don't know what city you are in. If you are in NYC or Chicago...go to the Dept of Health - Family Services. Sign-up with your family, they will find you housing, pretty fast. They will pay for it until you are able to afford it. Normally, you get these city benefits even if you have no legal status. Cities do not care about your status, for the most part, unlike the federal or state govts.

Be prepared to struggle for the next few years until your case is approved. As someone who has gone through this process, I can assure you that these dark days will come to pass. From hereon, things will only get better. Do not lose hope or get frustrated. It will work out. Good luck.
Thanks for your detailed respond and appreciated. I applied my asylum case in August 2019 from San Francisco. My attorney said while submitting you will have very soon your interview call within 3 weeks, as of now I haven’t heard any thing from immigration office.

Please guide me for another question and other way can I apply my family B2 visa from my home country? And what are possibility they granted visa to them? And hope doesn’t affect my case here?

Thanks for your detailed respond and appreciated. I applied my asylum case in August 2019 from San Francisco. My attorney said while submitting you will have very soon your interview call within 3 weeks, as of now I haven’t heard any thing from immigration office.

Please guide me for another question and other way can I apply my family B2 visa from my home country? And what are possibility they granted visa to them? And hope doesn’t affect my case here?
I would say it's unlikely that they will grant B2 visas to your family members because you obviously used a non-immigrant visa to come to the US and showed intention to immigrate by applying for asylum. The prerequisite for getting a non-immigrant visa like B2 is to show that you have ties to your home country and you do not want to stay in the US indefinitely. Well, your record shows otherwise and the US consulate will inevitably conclude that other members of your family want to join you and they will apply for asylum if they are allowed to come to the US.