Waiting Asylum decision

Hello everyone,

I had my interview in November 2017 in Chicago office. Still waiting for the decision. Is it right that they are not issuing decisions from old cases? Please share your timelines of getting decisions.
Any news
I had my interview Aug/2017 no decisions yet

I had my interview in March 2018 in Chicago office and still waiting for the decision it is really frustrating

I had my interview in March 2018 in Chicago office and still waiting for the decision it is really frustrating
When exactly did you apply?
If the date that your application was received is earlier than Jan 30, 2018, you should expect a long wait time

When exactly did you apply?
If the date that your application was received is earlier than Jan 30, 2018, you should expect a long wait time

application received on 1/22/2018
notes for interview on 2/12/2018
conducted interview on 3/5/2018

the officer asked me first to come after two weeks then they give me a call and tell me the decision will be send by mail. until now i did not get anything and my case status is Decision Pending
i do not know if even the decision goes to backlog

the officer asked me first to come after two weeks then they give me a call and tell me the decision will be send by mail. until now i did not get anything and my case status is Decision Pending
Which office?
I'm not sure if your decision goes to backlog or not, but your interview was scheduled in a timely manner

Same here. After gave me a call on that day i was supposed to come to pick up the decision, my case is pending until now

Same here. After gave me a call on that day i was supposed to come to pick up the decision, my case is pending until now
They say tell everyone to come back in two weeks and pick up the decision. It's a lie.
Do you mean you also applied and were interviewed in early 2018 and still waiting?

They say tell everyone to come back in two weeks and pick up the decision. It's a lie.
Do you mean you also applied and were interviewed in early 2018 and still waiting?
No i applied on august 2019 then interview on september. Until now still is pending decision

Hello everyone,

I had my interview in November 2017 in Chicago office. Still waiting for the decision. Is it right that they are not issuing decisions from old cases? Please share your timelines of getting decisions.
Hi ,the same situation

Guys I have two questions for those who knows:
1. Can I travel to another state by airplane if I have pending asylum case(pending i589+pending i765), and have a national passport with expired student visa?
2. How long it takes now to get the asylum work authorization? I already have passed 180 day rule, and want to know if it will be fast or slow.

1. Can I travel to another state by airplane if I have pending asylum case(pending i589+pending i765), and have a national passport with expired student visa?
2. How long it takes now to get the asylum work authorization? I already have passed 180 day rule, and want to know if it will be fast or slow.
Yes you can travel in airplanes to any states in USA if you have valid ID ( driving license,EAD etc)

Answer no.2 For EAD It took only 50-60 days for me. There is no exact time duration for everyone. But I received my SSN first within 30 days.

Yes you can travel in airplanes to any states in USA if you have valid ID ( driving license,EAD etc)
I think you didn’t read my question carefully. I know that I can travel if I do have EAD or valid driver license. I mentioned that I do have pending asylum and pending work authorization case, which means I don’t have EAD or driver license.
I was asking if I can travel domestically with pending i589 and pending i765, with valid national passport and expired visa in it.