Waiting Asylum decision

I received this letter last month from uscis Miami Asylum office after inquiring on my case .Does anyone has to give me any answer , any time frame for asylum interview? I have been waiting for 800 days.
Nobody knows. That is why the team here hasn't answered you. USCIS is doing the last in, first out (lifo) case processing now = they process applications submitted right now first, old ones last. Theoretically, once they are done with the new applications, they can then start processing the old ones. Now, as you have seen in the news, more and more asylees are coming to America everyday, means new applications are being made everyday. USCIS is failing to process these new applications, there is a backlog. Although it varies from field office to field office, the general assumption now is that USCIS has no resources to deal with all new applications....let alone old ones. Have heard of people having their interviews scheduled as far out as 2022. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Do not panic. This isn't unusual. Some people reported the same. Few days later, the status returns back to normal. Probably, this happens when they are updating your information and status on the system. What is important for you now is to keep close monitoring for your mail. You will receive your decision and your A05 EAD in separate mails.
Thanks for your advice!

Nobody knows. That is why the team here hasn't answered you. USCIS is doing the last in, first out (lifo) case processing now = they process applications submitted right now first, old ones last. Theoretically, once they are done with the new applications, they can then start processing the old ones. Now, as you have seen in the news, more and more asylees are coming to America everyday, means new applications are being made everyday. USCIS is failing to process these new applications, there is a backlog. Although it varies from field office to field office, the general assumption now is that USCIS has no resources to deal with all new applications....let alone old ones. Have heard of people having their interviews scheduled as far out as 2022. Hope this helps. Good luck.
15938316-7238199-This_chart_shows_apprehensions_on_the_southern_border_this_year_-a-16_1562886...jpg

100000 new asylees are crossing the southern border every month since march this year. These are the numbers USCIS is working with, with the LIFO plan.

fig-14b.png

The online system should be used for guidance only. So does the phone system with your status. USCIS servers sometimes are down or, after your case is approved, your information is populating in all all federal databases. As has been advised elsewhere on this site, please do not panic when validation errors occur, or invalid case number errors occur...just as the sun will rise tomorrow in the east, after a few days, all will be back to normal. @sunny89, please do not supply wrong information to people, esp. if you are not sure. While you say you have never heard of the validation errors, us who have been working with USCIS for 12+ years, have heard about it a million times, have personally experienced it, and we know that it is normal. Good luck.

I don't remember if I actually gave anyone wrong or any info I just expressed my shock and said you can google! and as you said and I said it was obviously server error. Thanks for working so long with USCIS and gave us info but I don't think I said anything otherwise other than showing my surprise!

Hi guys,

Finally we don't even know how and on what they are making decisions over there at immigration office. I've applied in November and get interviewed on December 18. Since today I'm still waiting the decision. One friend of mine whom I applied and interviewed with the same day got his one just two weeks later. I mean he get approved on January 2, 19. I'm still waiting.
Another friend who went after me on January get approved lat week after five months waiting. One other friend was after two weeks I'm sure. We don't know if it depends of your case, the situation of your country or your ability to explain your case at the interview. Now I'm just thinking about the officer who received. The more she is nice the longer will take your case. Don't think because she smiled with you means that you get approved.

Please guys,

I'm Detroit resident, that means Chicago office is our immigration office. If I need information about case, which immigration office should I call, Chicago office or Detroit office ?

In addition if someone could send me phone number and explain me how to get them online ...

Please guys,

I'm Detroit resident, that means Chicago office is our immigration office. If I need information about case, which immigration office should I call, Chicago office or Detroit office ?

In addition if someone could send me phone number and explain me how to get them online ...
You should contact Chicago office.
Just Google Chicago asylum office and the phone number comes up.

You should call between 9 to 5 central time.

Thanks Tinaina.

My lawyer sent an inquiry through the senator office lady two weeks now but it seems like no one wants to take care of my case.
Seriously.

Hi guys,

Finally we don't even know how and on what they are making decisions over there at immigration office. I've applied in November and get interviewed on December 18. Since today I'm still waiting the decision. One friend of mine whom I applied and interviewed with the same day got his one just two weeks later. I mean he get approved on January 2, 19. I'm still waiting.
Another friend who went after me on January get approved lat week after five months waiting. One other friend was after two weeks I'm sure. We don't know if it depends of your case, the situation of your country or your ability to explain your case at the interview. Now I'm just thinking about the officer who received. The more she is nice the longer will take your case. Don't think because she smiled with you means that you get approved.
We have covered this topic here extensively. Very sad that you are waiting long. However, there is nothing wrong about your waiting, this is normal. People have been waiting on the Chicago office for even longer periods. I have posted here on what to do, but those actions are not guaranteed to give results. From here on, you could wait a few weeks and get the result, or you could wait for 12+ months. And this is all normal.

Hi all,

I have a pending case with Houston office. Had my interview May 2018 and still waiting for decision after 15 months. Contacted the office couple times, first it was under supervisory review then now pending security check. I am from one of banned Muslim countries(Iran) and went out of status after applied for asylum, was in status before application. Anyone sharing the same experience, is there a chance to get granted? Do they call you back for Biometrics, i heard they get expired after 15 months.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I have a pending case with Houston office. Had my interview May 2018 and still waiting for decision after 15 months. Contacted the office couple times, first it was under supervisory review then now pending security check. I am from one of banned Muslim countries(Iran) and went out of status after applied for asylum, was in status before application. Anyone sharing the same experience, is there a chance to get granted? Do they call you back for Biometrics, i heard they get expired after 15 months.

Thanks in advance

exactly the same situation for me. from Iran, houston office, Nov 2017 interview, nothing since then, couple of times asked for status, always got "under background check" response, and did my biometrics in 2016.

Every able bodied male between those ages is required to register...if the president announces the draft (compulsory military service), the govt. uses that select service list to call everyone up. If you want to be a US citizen in the future, you MUST register.
Thank you for your reply I applied today but i am going to be 26 in December what should i do next? Or that’s it since I applied before 26 that’s all i can do?

exactly the same situation for me. from Iran, houston office, Nov 2017 interview, nothing since then, couple of times asked for status, always got "under background check" response, and did my biometrics in 2016.
I have a friend like you guys but different country she applied in 2017 and still waiting for her interview

Hey guys, does anyone know before how months we should apply for renewing EAD before it’s expiration date?

Hello
For those who got their EAD card. When you applied for the very first EAD card and it got approved, did they send both EAD card and Social security at thesame time or how does it function? How long does one get thier social security card after receiving thier EAD card. I did accept that the social security card should be treated alongside the EAD card.

Hi guys,

It seems we are both in the same situation. My application was submitted October 2018 and interview conducted in November 2018 at the same Chicago office. Till date i havent received any response. Its really annoying waiting dis long even with their so called new method.