Waiting Asylum decision

It seems we are both in the same situation. My application was submitted October 2018 and interview conducted in November 2018 at the same Chicago office. Till date i havent received any response. Its really annoying waiting dis long even with their so called new method.
I saw a case in this forum who submitted their application in Feb 2018. got interviewed in March 2018 (Chicago office) and got approved 15 months after the submission date. So, even with the new LIFO system, you might still have to wait for over a year.

Hi Guys

I got an update today regarding my rebuttal. I had my rebuttal decision today. I was given 16 days to submit the rebuttal but then asked to come for an interview. Now it is almost 3 months since my second rebuttal interview. The case online says “ Decision is Pending” but status steps underneath states that “ we have reached a decision on your case”.

I got a notification from USCIS by email about the update of my case and it says that my current status of my asylum application is “ Testing and interview”.

The EAD clock still running “ Not Stopped”.

It seems as I understand it is a Final Denial coming

I am maintaining my non immigrant status ..

Good luck for you who still are waiting ...

Hi Guys

I got an update today regarding my rebuttal. I had my rebuttal decision today. I was given 16 days to submit the rebuttal but then asked to come for an interview. Now it is almost 3 months since my second rebuttal interview. The case online says “ Decision is Pending” but status steps underneath states that “ we have reached a decision on your case”.

I got a notification from USCIS by email about the update of my case and it says that my current status of my asylum application is “ Testing and interview”.

The EAD clock still running “ Not Stopped”.

It seems as I understand it is a Final Denial coming

I am maintaining my non immigrant status ..

Good luck for you who still are waiting ...
How long after submitting your original asylum application did you get your interview?

How long after submitting your original asylum application did you get your interview?

I had my first interview after two months from submitting my application. Then, Two weeks later got NOID. The second interview was probably 3.5 months from the submission of my application.

I had my first interview after two months from submitting my application. Then, Two weeks later got NOID. The second interview was probably 3.5 months from the submission of my application.
I had a consultation with a lawyer today. He said in the new system, if they want to reject you, you would be denied 2-3 weeks after the interview but if it is an approval it will take months to get the final decision. I guess he's right.

You can apply again since you are not out of status yet but I recommend you move out of NY and apply in CA or Chicago. NY has a bad reputation for high denial rates.

I had a consultation with a lawyer today. He said in the new system, if they want to reject you, you would be denied 2-3 weeks after the interview but if it is an approval it will take months to get the final decision. I guess he's right.

You can apply again since you are not out of status yet but I recommend you move out of NY and apply in CA or Chicago. NY has a bad reputation for high denial rates.

It was New Wark .. i wrote new york in hurry and in my mind i thought i wrote new wark. I will try to reconsider what you just said. Thanks a lot

It is not something you can take for sure. I stayed three months and probably waiting for F denial. Some people get approval after two weeks. Some people wait a year to get their denial. I am talking about the new system since Jan 2018.

It was New Wark .. i wrote new york in hurry and in my mind i thought i wrote new wark. I will try to reconsider what you just said. Thanks a lot
Could you share what the basis was for your initial NOID? Was it lack of consistency with your statement or ...?

It is not something you can take for sure. I stayed three months and probably waiting for F denial. Some people get approval after two weeks. Some people wait a year to get their denial. I am talking about the new system since Jan 2018.
you're absolutely right! there is no pattern in how they handling the cases after 2018. I know someone who had an interview in NJ office got approved after 2 weeks and someone who got denied after 1 year and a half. but I also heard NJ office rejections are high!