Waiting Asylum decision

Hello
I applied for asylum in June 2014
I had the interview in October 2017.
This month I got recommended approval after waiting for the decision for 1 year and 7 months. Can anybody please tell me how long should I wait for the final decision? Thank you!

Hello
This month I got recommended approval after waiting for the decision for 1 year and 7 months. Can anybody please tell me how long should I wait for the final decision? Thank you!
Hello, it is about 3-4 months. Which is the office?

Guys my EAD clock giving wrong information!
Morning it was 125 days now it is showing 102 days. What does it mean? anyone facing same problem?

do the applicants usually get scheduled for the interview after you do your biometrics appointment or they aren't related ?
new applicant since may :)
8-4 every day, they give info only to the main aplicand and usually they don.t tell you anything diferent than what.s showing online .

Hello
I had my interview same month 2017, today i found out they are reffering me to court but they didn.t oficially made the decission oficiall yet :(
Hope you get your green card soon, i.ll have a longer jorney here :(

SF office
filed: April 2014
interview: June 2017

Four years since I have filed, two years since I have had my interview. I am still waiting for the decision. Although, I did a lot of calls, e-mail, mail, walk-in, however no answer.

Hello friends
Today morning I have checked my online case
status and it’s showing Fees Were Waived.

Hoping for a good news please pray for me.

Clock is stopped. I don’t know why i wouldn’t receive anything by now when it has been saying ‘decision mailed’ for 2 months now

If your clock says stopped it should have changed after 2weeks at most. I mean you should have gotten two different mails.
1. Approval
2. A05 EAd
So I guess you should change when or walk in.

• Applied on February 14th 2019 at New York office.
  • Bio-metric done on 6th March 2019.
  • Interview scheduled on March 26th 2019.
  • Interview rescheduled on April 4th 2019 (8 days delays)
  • Interview done on 4th April. ( It was very good, AO was fully satisfied)
  • AO asked me to pick up my decision after two weeks, means on April 18th 2019.
  • On April 17th got call from Asylum office – Decision not yet ready , don’t come for pick up, once it is ready we will mail to you.
  • So far I didn’t receive any mail, still decision pending.
I don’t know how long I have to wait for the decision! My attorney says it's a good singe they are checking your back ground ! Anyone have experience like me? please share.....

My EAD clock also 13 days behind as per me, it should be 135 (143 days less 8 days delays) - but it is showing 122 days! Anyone please help me the calculation of EAD clock.[/QUOTE

Looks good,this was my exact trajectory and i have been approved..recommended approval in March then final approval in June.

hello everyone, I had my asylum interview on August 2018, and since then I have been waiting fir the decision. I spoke to my attorney and talked her into making an inquiry on my case but she keeps telling me that the inquiry will require me to write another affidavit and submit more evidence so that the case will be processed. I asked her if there was no way to just send a letter or maybe call but she said no. I am really stressed about this. I have another status and I am not able to keep it anymore because it is costly and it is still valid but might not continue with it, cos my dad was the one helping me out but with the situation back home and the instability it has become very difficult. so I was wondering if that status I have prevents them from making or taking a decision. my interview was at Minneapolis and they said the head office is in Chicago.

hello everyone, I had my asylum interview on August 2018, and since then I have been waiting fir the decision. I spoke to my attorney and talked her into making an inquiry on my case but she keeps telling me that the inquiry will require me to write another affidavit and submit more evidence so that the case will be processed. I asked her if there was no way to just send a letter or maybe call but she said no. I am really stressed about this. I have another status and I am not able to keep it anymore because it is costly and it is still valid but might not continue with it, cos my dad was the one helping me out but with the situation back home and the instability it has become very difficult. so I was wondering if that status I have prevents them from making or taking a decision. my interview was at Minneapolis and they said the head office is in Chicago.

As far as I remember, my lawyer sent a letter to an AO on my behalf and we got a response almost right away.

Hello Friends
Yesterday my online case status was showing “ Fees Were Waived “ But today it’s showing Validation Error(s).

What does it mean? I am bit confused now!

Hello Friends
Yesterday my online case status was showing “ Fees Were Waived “ But today it’s showing Validation Error(s).

WTF! I've never heard this term def check it with your lawyer or even google it if there is some info. might be just some website error

Hello Friends

Do not panic. This isn't unusual. Some people reported the same. Few days later, the status returns back to normal. Probably, this happens when they are updating your information and status on the system. What is important for you now is to keep close monitoring for your mail. You will receive your decision and your A05 EAD in separate mails.

The online system should be used for guidance only. So does the phone system with your status. USCIS servers sometimes are down or, after your case is approved, your information is populating in all all federal databases. As has been advised elsewhere on this site, please do not panic when validation errors occur, or invalid case number errors occur...just as the sun will rise tomorrow in the east, after a few days, all will be back to normal. @sunny89, please do not supply wrong information to people, esp. if you are not sure. While you say you have never heard of the validation errors, us who have been working with USCIS for 12+ years, have heard about it a million times, have personally experienced it, and we know that it is normal. Good luck.

Hi guys
I was sent to court last week , and they sent my the appointment to the first hearing appointment in the court
But when I call 800 number they says My A number doesn't match any case on our system
Do you have any idea please I appreciate it
Actual humans enter information into the phone system....it is not automatic. This means that, there is always a delay in them updating the system A week or so from now, your case will be entered into the system, and you will be able to hear the status of your case. Use the phone system as guidance only.

The easiest way to know everything about your case is to show up at immigration court, talk to the clerk (yep, the clerk of court is the one who enters your infor in the phone system :) ), ask them about your case. The clerk of court is your friend: Your lawyer will submit the G-28 form to the clerk of court, you and your lawyer will make several trips to see the clerk of court ahead of your hearing, to submit evidence, to submit your case files, to submit all kinds of stuff. The government lawyers will also make the trips, to submit their evidence, etc., esp. damaging information. The clerk complies this, and submits it to the judge...who theoretically, reads all this ahead of your court date.

Last edited: