VSC I485 Fiscal Yr 2002 - Progress Reports

Anybody scanning series 242 thru 252?

Anybody scanning series 242 thru 252? I have already completed scanning 246 thru 250 and intend to expand it to 242 thru 252, both inclusive. I donot want to duplicate, so if anybody else is already scanning any part of this series, let me know.

Re: Anybody scanning series 242 thru 252?

Originally posted by OmGV
Anybody scanning series 242 thru 252? I have already completed scanning 246 thru 250 and intend to expand it to 242 thru 252, both inclusive. I donot want to duplicate, so if anybody else is already scanning any part of this series, let me know.

I'm doing it. Can you start August? Must be starting from 253 I guess.

If you are indeed blocked, how long does it take to be able to scan again? I am assuming it is IP address based. I was doing the EAC-02-163-52xxx-53xxx series.

It takes 24 hours to get your account unlocked.

Originally posted by Milko_Djurovski
If you are indeed blocked, how long does it take to be able to scan again? I am assuming it is IP address based. I was doing the EAC-02-163-52xxx-53xxx series.

Weekly Update

Try to find a logic on how these cases are being processed :confused: Good luck! The report includes July02 now.

Many many thanks for doing this!!! Just a minor nit-pick. I believe that FP recd/resumed shouldn't be in the "cases touched" category. So if I remove them they processed 535 cases for this week.

so using an average of 500 per week, we can see that a month has around 6000 applications (more after Aug-02).

To process a month's worth of applications BCIS needs an average of 12 weeks.

Realistically if you apply for I-485 now, you would be probably 24 * 6000 or 144000th person in the queue.

Using the average, 12 weeks/ month you would have to wait 24 * 12 or 288 weeks or a little more than 5 years for your GC to be approved.

I'm not kidding here, you do the math any which way and you'll never come up with anything less than 4 years.

If you applied in 2002, your wait time will be 2-3 years
If you applied in 2003, your wait time will be 4-5 years
If you apply in 2004, your wait time will be 5-7 years

FullStatus2002

Fiscal Year 2002 is technically done (excluding Oct '01 thru Dec '01)

Added Aug02 and Sep02 now

Weekly Status update for Jan02 to Jul02

Every week DJC sends me re-scanned data and I use it to produce this detail report. Many Thanks to him for doing this on regular basis.

Originally posted by tammy2
FP sent and FP received are counted in touched because most of the cases are second FP here.

I understand, but sending and receiving FP's is in no way related to approving. Although the case is touched it doesn't mean anything. It may just be a mail-room activity

Also, RFE received is also just a mail-room activity. Nothing to do with the officer adjudicating anything.

The only things which matter are
Approved/Denied
RFE Sent
Transfered.

Mail room or FP, something has been added in that file, therefore it was "touched". Don't be so picky!

Thank you Sbctsublc and djco

Hats off to you guys for taking the trouble on behalf of everyone on this forum.
Best Wishes.

Re: Thank you Sbctsublc and djco

Originally posted by ag28
Hats off to you guys for taking the trouble on behalf of everyone on this forum.
Best Wishes.

Yes really they are taking pain. This database is better then Rupnet or any other tracker. Rupnet gives you just sample. This is actual data.

Great Job Substlc and DJC. Best of luck.

Originally posted by DJC0
Mail room or FP, something has been added in that file, therefore it was "touched". Don't be so picky!
Yes. There is some change in the message Right?