VSC I485 Fiscal Yr 2002 - Progress Reports

Re: Re: case status not updated

Originally posted by DJC0
Indeed they forget to update some cases, but statistically it's enough to see a trend.

Could you plz post the script for scanning? Thnx. Do you have any plans to scans for months beyond April?

Re: Re: Re: case status not updated

Originally posted by OmGV
Could you plz post the script for scanning? Thnx. Do you have any plans to scans for months beyond April?
I will not do the initial scan beyond april, nor post the script I am using, at least not yet, since it can have bad effects if used incorrectly.

Hi All,
I'm back. Kind of busy lately . But I'll try to contribute as much as I can.
DJC, Good job and great compilation. If You could continue what You are doing, may be others and me can do initial scan of May Series and the rest, while you can do the re-scan. I've done EAC02177 thru EAC02-182 (In-Progress). Let me know your thoughts.

Could you plz post the script for scanning? Thnx. Count me in.

Originally posted by sbctsublc
Hi All,
I'm back. Kind of busy lately . But I'll try to contribute as much as I can.
DJC, Good job and great compilation. If You could continue what You are doing, may be others and me can do initial scan of May Series and the rest, while you can do the re-scan. I've done EAC02177 thru EAC02-182 (In-Progress). Let me know your thoughts.

Could you plz post the latest script for scanning? Thnx. Count me in. I am planning to work on the month of July 2002.

Thanks, sbctsublc. One Question.

This is the script I'm currently using for initial-scan. Download to your PC first

Is the script slow now? before I used to be able to scan around 1000 cases in less than hour. Now, in 1 hr, it scans around just 200 and also either gets stuck or it goes to the index page [https://egov.immigration.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/index.jsp?textFlag=N]. Are u having similar difficulties, do u have any idea why this might be happening for me. Thnx.

sbctsublc,
DO you have the entire range of EAC numbers for month of May. We can then pick the remaining other than 177-182 that you have taken ownership for.

I will do 231,32,33

for OM GV in case you are planning to do those, it might be a better idea to do the ones after 235 i.e 236 onwards. bangloreboy has stats for 230. i wil do 231-235.

Check your internet connection and if you use proxy, problem might be because of the slow proxy
Thanks for the responses. I have DSL connection and Norton Firewall installed at home. Disabling the firewall doesn't make any difference. If I disconnect DSL and reconnect, I get the same randon ip address from my ISP. I am scanning from my home PC.
I haven't specified any proxy.
In IE automatic detection of settings is CHECKED.
Proxy server setting is UNCHECKED.
What settings should i modify. Thnx.

I will do 246 through 250 [both inclusive]

Originally posted by ag28
for OM GV in case you are planning to do those, it might be a better idea to do the ones after 235 i.e 236 onwards. bangloreboy has stats for 230. i wil do 231-235.

In which case I will do 246 through 250, which is around my series.

111 & 112 scanned on 12/17/2003

changes since last scan 12/15/2003:

111 - 1 transfer, 1 FRE sent, 1 approval
112 - 1 RFE sent

Stats for EAC-200

I ran a scan on 12/17 for EAC 200.

TOtal cases 151
Approved 6
Transferred 10
Received 26
Resumed / FP receieved 105

Rfellow - May RD

Rfellow

My RD is May 29th 02 and ND is Jun 2nd 02 and My EAC is 205 series.

This might give some idea abt the EAC Series for May month

Thanks. I was surprised with relative level of activity though. Prior to scanning atleast I had the impression that may be Jan-April is slow but remaining months are picking up.

Re: Thanks, sbctsublc. One Question.

Its frustatingly slow for me too. I have abandoned for last couple of days. I am doing it on my office PC and I heard our office installed some test software to monitor the net usage. I don't know if that slowed it.

Is the script slow now? before I used to be able to scan around 1000 cases in less than hour. Now, in 1 hr, it scans around just 200

Thanks for the responses. I have DSL connection and Norton Firewall installed at home. Disabling the firewall doesn't make any difference. If I disconnect DSL and reconnect, I get the same randon ip address from my ISP. I am scanning from my home PC.
I haven't specified any proxy.
In IE automatic detection of settings is CHECKED.
Proxy server setting is UNCHECKED.
What settings should i modify. Thnx.

DSL Ip Address does not change everytime. I've observed that only in case of dial-up, IP address changes everytime. If you like to scan more than 1000 cases per day using DSL or cable modem connection, you have to use Proxy. Hunt for proxies and change the settings of internet browser (Tools--Internet Options---Connections---Lan Settings, Check 'Use proxy server..' and enter Address and port info)