VSC I-485 RFE Sent and waiting for response TRACKER

hejiang216 said:
Hope you get approval soon. You may call National Visa Center (NVC)(603 334-0700) to check if you already get a visa number.

Hi, Hejiang:

Could you plz be more specific, how do they assign a visa # to
your case if it's not approved???? And what is this NVC?? Thx.

if you are so lucky to have your case approved by Sept 30, your case may be processed by National Visa Center (NVC) now and you can get information from that number. otherwise, it will be affected by this retrogression. FOLLOWING IS THE INFO. ABOUT NVC.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1309.html

In April of 1994 the Department of State opened a permanent Immigrant Visa processing facility at the National Visa Center (NVC) in Portsmouth, NH. NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions after they are received from Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security (CIS) and retains them until the cases are ready for adjudication by a consular officer abroad. Petitions may remain at NVC for several months or for many years depending on the visa category and country of birth of the visa applicant. When an applicant's case is about to become current (a visa number is likely to be available within the year), the petition is forwarded to the appropriate U.S. embassy or consulate overseas. If an applicant is adjusting status in the U.S., the case will be forwarded to the appropriate CIS office upon request by that office.

NVC receives thousands of telephone and written inquiries from applicants, petitioners, congressional offices, U.S. embassies and consulates, CIS offices and the White House. An automated recorded message system can answer many of these inquiries 24 hours a day, seven days a week (603 334-0700). Operators are available to respond to more difficult inquiries from 7:30 AM to 12:30 AM (EST) Monday through Friday. Status of case information and access to an operator can only be provided by entering your NVC case number or CIS receipt number on a touch-tone telephone. Case inquiries can also be made via email at NVCINQUIRY@state.gov. NVC only has information on petitions it has received. If our automated service does not recognize the CIS file or receipt numbers you entered, most likely we have not yet received your petition. In addition, answers to commonly asked questions can be retrieved through an automated e-mail response system.

Written inquiries, changes of address and requests to upgrade petitions due to naturalization of the petitioner should be sent to: WC The National Visa Center, 32 Rochester Avenue, Portsmouth NH, 03801-2909 or email NVCINQUIRY@state.gov . Please note that NVC is not open to the public. Unfortunately, some people have traveled long distances to inquire about their case in person, only to discover that we are not able to meet with them.

Your approval is on the WaY!! good Luck..

Aging123 said:
I replied my reference on 9/14. It was received on 9/15.LUD changed on 9/15,9/16 and 9/19.
My case was pending security check till aug and then all of a sudden after 2 years got a reference on my case. Reference was for BC and legible copies of passport.Does the ref mean that my name check is cleared.
Thank you.

My LUD is changing every day after I send the reference on 9/15. Is it a bad sign.Am I going to get second reference.LUD-9/15,9/16,9/19,9/20.

approved

Hi friends,
My case has been approved. It got approved 1 hour after I spoke with an immigration officer. I requested her to expedite my case.She kept questionioning me for 1 hour and then said you'll know in 3 days about your case. But I could not believe when my case got approved 1 hour after that.
I owe my GC to this forum bec I did whatever people suggested me to do to expedite my name check and then I-485.

thanks a lot to everybody.

Congrats. Could you please update me with your PD?
Thank You

Aging123 said:
Hi friends,
My case has been approved. It got approved 1 hour after I spoke with an immigration officer. I requested her to expedite my case.She kept questionioning me for 1 hour and then said you'll know in 3 days about your case. But I could not believe when my case got approved 1 hour after that.
I owe my GC to this forum bec I did whatever people suggested me to do to expedite my name check and then I-485.

Congrats Aging123.

You got it in time before it getting aged too much.

Could you tell me how you managed to get immigration officer, contact number, any other thing to keep in mind etc.?

I sent RFE reply 8/30, received 8/31, LUD 8/31 and 9/1...silence after that.

I think I must try to call them and do whatever possible to have some thing going before Sept 30.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thx.

Aging123 said:
Hi friends,

Last edited by a moderator:
GC_GoneCase said:
Hi goodstart,

Thanks a lot for your good wishes. If I see your signatures, it gives me a lot of hope...however, the crucial date of Sept 30 is hanging around and every passing day brings it closer to getting into another loop of annoyance....

My RFE was asking about employment letter or bank statements to prove I would not become a public charge...What was your RFE about???

Thx.

My RFE was about employment letter and 2003 2004 w2 tax returns with all schedules

I called 1800 no.I had faxed expedite request on 9/15.I called them yesterday to find out if it was accepted.
---- EB2 Labor Sub. VSC -----------------
I485(EB-1or) ND 9/19/003 LUD 9/1/05 RFE, RFE RCVD 9/15,LUD9/16,9/19,9/20 AD 9/20/05
I140 AD 12/22/04
PD on approval notice: sep 2003
spouse
I485 (EB-1or) ND 9/19/003 LUD 9/1/05 transferred to Chicago local office by mistake AD?? Requested to be send back from Chicago to VSC

phone no. of vsc?

rrcreddy4,

what is the number to call VSC? i only know an 1-800 to call USCIS. i am in similar situation as yours, sent RFE in June 2005, still no news yet. called 1-800 a month ago and was told they were doing security check. I-485 receipt date is aug 2004, currently VSC processing cases received 9/23/2004. any advise on how to inquire and expedite my case? thanks.

yfehgh

did not help :)

niwseeker2004 said:
I think RFE goes to your lawyer who file the 485 for you.
It will not go to you directly for sure. Hope this helps.
Let's pray.

I got RFE blue letter for I485 asking " 6mnth pay stubs + current emp letter"
I m preparing for AC21 cover Letter Also.

Wish me Luck .... Its been a Long time.

guys any approval after RFE recently

My 485 LUD's changed on 9/26,9/27 after RFE response . I am afraid of this
retrogression dead line.Guys any progress in your case after RFE.

Two LUD after RFE response recived LUD(Normally 2) mean that case is heading for approval. Approval normally comes 15 two 20 days after.
But in our case we don't have that much time, if that happen within two days we are lucky other wise its in GOD hand. Its Race against time hopefully we will make it.

devanpk said:
My 485 LUD's changed on 9/26,9/27 after RFE response . I am afraid of this
retrogression dead line.Guys any progress in your case after RFE.

485 RFE and EB-2 retrogression

How will our RFE be dealt by VSC in future for those who have replied and waiting for approval based on the EB2 retrogression.

Will they go by priority dates and if that is the case then it might take years now to get our RFE approved.

any guesses gurus ??

My RFE was recv on may 10th 2005 and waiting for approval since then.

Last edited by a moderator:
!!aaaaapppprrrrroooovvvveeeeddddd Approved !!

I don't have words to express my feelings!!! I got the magic mail today. I Just made it. My wife, my Son and me got approved today.
I want to thank everyone in this forum for sharing a lot of information’s trough out my Journey. Wish everyone all the best!!!!!
Thank You,
Mani

Yes i too approved

WhereIsMyLabour said:
I don't have words to express my feelings!!! I got the magic mail today. I Just made it. My wife, my Son and me got approved today.
I want to thank everyone in this forum for sharing a lot of information’s trough out my Journey. Wish everyone all the best!!!!!
Thank You,
Mani

Congrats WhereisMyLabor.We were on same boat able to reach the shore