VSC I-140 Denied MTR Sent and waiting for response TRACKER

unluckyme said:
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.My attorney filed for me.Intially they sent an RFE for missing documentation, and we filed an ammendment ETA750b which has some error so they denied.I'm so tensed.Is there anyone who got approved after being denied for whatever reasons.Can someone please help me understand the following.

If I file 290b ,how many days it takes for service center to reopen my case, and if they reopen how many days it takes for them to approve or deny.

Thanks.

There is hope!
I was in a simillar situation, my 140 and 485 got denied. We appealed and now I am very happy to share this news with all of you that by the grace of GOD, my 485 is approved! I was already going to post my approval here in this thread as I am also one of the members of this thread.
Please read the following thread for more details. One of the reason for writing details about my case was to give hope to others who are in a similar situation:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=173931

Here are some more sucess stories of people who got approved after 140 denial/RFE on A2P issues.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1069848&postcount=1450

Regarding your question on timeframe, it varies. My 140 got reopened and approved within 1 months of filing MTR. Some people are even waiting from last couple of months. Check this thread to get some idea about MTR processing:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133912

So work hard on overcoming your reason for denial and be hopeful.

Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Erics

Thanks a lot for the information.your approval gives ppl who are in the same boat as me some hope.I'll keep everyone posted about my case.
Thanks

0 and 0 days & 270 and 300 days to process this kind of case....

Hi ,

This is my case status and I don't understand what these 0 and 0 days & 270 and 300 days to process this kind of case .... means.... Any help !

Application Type: MOTIC, MOTION TO REOPEN BEFORE THE COMMISSIONER

Current Status:

Your MOTIC MOTION TO REOPEN BEFORE THE COMMISSIONER was received on April 18, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 0 and 0 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

On April 28, 2005, this case was reopened on a BCIS motion, and the case is now in process. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
GreenCard2020 said:
Hi ,

This is my case status and I don't understand what these 0 and 0 days & 270 and 300 days to process this kind of case .... means.... Any help !

Application Type: MOTIC, MOTION TO REOPEN BEFORE THE COMMISSIONER

Current Status:

Your MOTIC MOTION TO REOPEN BEFORE THE COMMISSIONER was received on April 18, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 0 and 0 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

On April 28, 2005, this case was reopened on a BCIS motion, and the case is now in process. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

I dont think these dates have any meaning as long as the case is processing good, reopen itself is good luck ..... so u will get approved ,
Can you please tell me what was the reciept date for your 290B?

Aao

Here my status on my Appeal.
On May 11, 2005, this case was transferred to our Administrative Appeals Office for review. That office will notify you of any further action taken on this case.
How long will it take AAO to open my case? It really sucks!

psam123 said:
On May 11, 2005, this case was transferred to our Administrative Appeals Office for review. That office will notify you of any further action taken on this case.

Really sorry about this message psam123 , it means the officer denied your case again and it went to appeal office for eb3 it will take 14 months and eb2 it will take 6 months .

psam123 said:

Can you tell us what is your processing center vermount or nebraska?

Hi sam123

psam123 said:

I am very sorry for that still we hope best from Appeal office from DC
let see wait for this.....
mine also 290B still I did not received any thing form VSC
Appeal commissioner recd on March 2nd week of 2005 and more than 2 monts
please god bless me & us for good news

thanx
smkr

Labor priority date

tech70 said:
GC confusion

When did u file ur labor? i.e is ur priority date

tech70,

My case is labor substitution for future employment. I dont know the exact priority date..sometime begining of 2001.

psam123 said:
jaisingh, nebraska

okay I heard from couple of threads here that nebraska is very stringent about edu queries .

the best advice I can give you is apply for another labor . Because the chances that the wait is short and hopefully good is less succesfully dont want to discourage you but want you be onright track and prepared ..

Better yet try to apply your spouse for 140 if she qualifies using the same labor .
This is just an advice .
All the best ,

Hi Psam123

psam123 said:

Hi Sam123
I am very sorry for that
I want know this message like case trasfred to AAO in DC
where U got it have seen this kind of message in your 290-B
or did they sent u other notice, please let me know

mine also I appealed in more than two months no reply
just I received reciept after one week apply in march 2005, it says 30 to 180 days takes for deceision thats all.......
still I waiting there reply ......
once again
good luck sam for trasfred to AAO

thanx
smkr

i-140 Approved after Denied for Ability to Pay

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to share with you all regarding my experience with the denial. Please find my case details below.

EB3 Labor Substitute Case LC 2002
140/485/EAD RD Dec 29th 2004
140/485/EAD ND Jan 14th 2005
EAD AD: Feb 17th 2005

i-140/485 - Denied - March 16th 2005 - Ability to pay wages
i-140 - Motion to reconsider applied - RD April 19th 2005 & ND April 21th 2005
i-140 Approved and 485's were reopened - May 13th 2005

Couple of tips:
1. Make sure when to send the requests to reopen the 485 along with i-140 and include 110 dollars each.
I have to send 330 dollars(110 (i-140), 110(485 for myself), 110(485 for my wife)).
2. United Nations postings have been a great help in preparing the appeal. We have used the following points to prove our case.
i) Explained the concept of non-cash depreciation and amortization expense deductions
ii) Show external expenditure spent by the company for other purposes(out-sourcing). This could help prove that the employer could have used this to pay wages.
iii) Explain the Capitol Loss Carryover
iv) Some Case References
v) Company's Bank Balance Statements through out that period
vi) Line of credit statements from banks during that period
vii) Prorate the salary depening on the labor's application date.

I sincerely wish you all the best.

Good Luck
Sunil

sunil4791 said:
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to share with you all regarding my experience with the denial. Please find my case details below.
I sincerely wish you all the best.

Good Luck
Sunil

Congratulations Sunil!

Good to see people overcoming A2P and getting approval. Did you do your FP yet?

FP Details

Eric,

My FP came during my denial state and so I requested for a reschedule on April 11th 2005. I haven't received anything yet.

Sunil

Congratulations Sunil

Hi Sunil Congratulation for the approval .Must be a big relief.

Did you have any LUDS changed when your MTR was reopened? was it 290 b or 290 a ?

I am in the same boat Motion To Reopen receipt date is 15 th April and notice date is 19th April 05.It was on Ability to pay and Education evaluation( it was not sent by my attorney earlier)

I have used the same arguments like
1)Amended tax return
2) Line of Credit
3)Depricaition and amortisation
4)Edcuation evaluation

Hi, Faith2005:

I wonder if you filed Motion to Reopen (MTR) and which form you used ?
My attorney just wrote a letter titled "Motion to Reopen or Reconsider", plus other documents. Because there is no form for MTR and I-290a does not exist, I wonder if I will get a receipt number, how about your case? thanks.

140 got denied

Hi All,

My 140 got denied on April 27.
Will File MTR/Appeal next week.

Reason for denial is employer "ability to pay"

Just want to keep updated and share information with others. This is going to be a long sleepless nite for me after long yrs waiting. But after read this thread from others then i hope my case will turn out okay.
So for everyone got denied for 140, cheer up and keep share information.

kennis

Faith2005 said:
I am in the same boat Motion To Reopen receipt date is 15 th April and notice date is 19th April 05.It was on Ability to pay and Education evaluation( it was not sent by my attorney earlier)

I have used the same arguments like
1)Amended tax return
2) Line of Credit
3)Depricaition and amortisation
4)Edcuation evaluation

Did any one's on this thread or other thread get an answer for MTR filed in the month of march or April ,MTR reciept date for my MTR is april 28th (Vermount center).

PLease mention what is processing center

crystalview said:
Hi, Faith2005:

I wonder if you filed Motion to Reopen (MTR) and which form you used ?
My attorney just wrote a letter titled "Motion to Reopen or Reconsider", plus other documents. Because there is no form for MTR and I-290a does not exist, I wonder if I will get a receipt number, how about your case? thanks.
There is no form for 290A, but you will get a receipt number, just like other applications.