VSC I-140 Denied MTR Sent and waiting for response TRACKER

dutta1 said:
My case was submitted with MS and 2 yrs. of experience. I currently work on WebSphere product technology.

My question is does my 2 yrs. of experience needs to be exactly in WebSphere product technology?

Or is it just enough if I show them my IT experience as 2 yrs.

Thanks,
dutta1

Still waiting for LC approval.
USCIS does not go into that much detail as to what product you were using. They will accept something similar also, but the job duties matter, e.g. using ASP for web development will also be acceptable.

Strangerr said:
Greetings folks,

My I-140 has been reopened after filing an appeal (I-290B) and there has been some LUDs too both on I-290B and I-140 but my I-485 was left untouched and still denied.

As I'm currently outside the US and have a valid AP till July 2005, the only way I can come into the US is by having the I-485 reopened.

If anybody can shed some light into this situation I would appreciate it a lot.
USCIS will usually make a decision on 140 after few days when they reopen it, in my case, 5 days. Try calling USCIS to find out the status of 140 as the online update have not been that reliable lately, or ask your employer to call.
Once 140 is approved, you can definitely ask to reopn 485 or they will reopen it automatically. I am not sure if you can call USCIS and ask to reopen 485 based on just reopen of 140.

Kishore_l said:
Hello friends,

Please help me to untangle this confusion. My 140 was denied in 2004 for ability to pay issue. My lawyer filed for MTR (290A - Just with a cover letter and some documentation. As usual they refused to work UN - as usual same EGO reason...anyway thats a old story).
but the reason provided for both of our cases was totally contradictory. Spouse, it said "485 has been denied, so you are not eligible to renew your EAD", but in my case (Me being the primary), it said " 485 has been approved and you no longer require EAD, so your EAD has been denied).
Now, please guide me......what are the next steps and what else I can do untangle this mess. Your inputs in this issue is highly appreicated.

Thanks & Regards,
Kishore.
First of all, open a status enquiry for your 485 and see what USCIS has to say. Ask you lawyer or do yourself to send a request for a duplicate notice of approvl of 485 based on the denial letter for your 485. This will bring out the real picture.
Then if you find that your 485 is approved, send in a request to reopen your spouse 485 case also.
In my opinion, although slim, but there is a possibility that your 140 was approved. I do not believe that 485 is also approved as you have not give FP, but to get the real picture, you/lawyer need to followup with USCIS.

hi Erics,
hi please answer.
LC approved in feb2004
i140,485 denied in apr2005
MTR/APPEAL FILED may2.
updated the system on may6 that MTR/appeal received.....
But on JUNE10 LUD changed for 140,485,131,765 except for 290.Denial was due to mix up of evaluation 4yr engg+1yr diploma =BS here.so sent new evaluation and letter from old evaluators explaining mix up.PLease let me know what the LUD means with no message change and no news about case opening yet.what r the chances to get approval.Do they really read and see everything when we send for MTR.thank you.

Thanks, EricS

EricS said:
Congratulations BRFA!
Glad I could help.

After approval, I needed to get a passport stamp, but wife did not. This difference should be caused by EAD. I did not obtain the EAD because I had H1B, but wife did.
USCIS keeps wife's picture for EAD, so no need to take a new picture.

She still has her I-94 even after her getting a green card. Can she discard that?

Last edited by a moderator:
sp05 said:
hi Erics,
hi please answer.
LC approved in feb2004
i140,485 denied in apr2005
MTR/APPEAL FILED may2.
updated the system on may6 that MTR/appeal received.....
But on JUNE10 LUD changed for 140,485,131,765 except for 290.Denial was due to mix up of evaluation 4yr engg+1yr diploma =BS here.so sent new evaluation and letter from old evaluators explaining mix up.PLease let me know what the LUD means with no message change and no news about case opening yet.what r the chances to get approval.Do they really read and see everything when we send for MTR.thank you.
I think there are chances for approval. One LUD on all other applications should be fine. In my opinion, in addition to the explanation that you sent, it would have been better if you also sent a new evaluation showing your 4 yr degree = BS.

BRFA said:
After approval, I needed to get a passport stamp, but wife did not. This difference should be caused by EAD. I did not obtain the EAD because I had H1B, but wife did.
USCIS keeps wife's picture for EAD, so no need to take a new picture.

She still has her I-94 even after her getting a green card. Can she discard that?
Hi BRFA,

Sorry I do not know the answer to your question. I myself got the card directly and I still have my I-94 with me. Someone else also asked me and I said I am keeping it as a memorabilia. Kidding apart, I really do not know. I think it will be a good idea to start a thread to ask from other people what they did with I-94 in case of no PP stamping.

EricS said:
Hi BRFA,

Sorry I do not know the answer to your question. I myself got the card directly and I still have my I-94 with me. Someone else also asked me and I said I am keeping it as a memorabilia. Kidding apart, I really do not know. I think it will be a good idea to start a thread to ask from other people what they did with I-94 in case of no PP stamping.

That is good idea. Also everybody is wondering if passport stamps is required.
Probably USCIS has started " no-passport stamp program" recently.
Can you start the thread regarding passport stamps etc.?
I have never started a new thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help Wanted!

My approved labour was lost in the mail in Feb'2002 and I had applied for my I-140 and i-485 concurrently in september 2002. My I-140 has been denied on the pretext of no labour approval in Jan'2005. My attorney submitted motion to reopen (MTR) I-290A on Feb 1st '2005 with a copy of final determination letter obtained from department of labour and the request is still pending since 4 1/2 months. Any suggestions on how to expedite the process so that INS would open the MTR.

Please Advise.

hi,
Update on my case
i140 lud changed on 20june with a message change ...opened on bcis motion taking betn....
i140 and 290a lud changed on 21june today too with no message change.please tell me what r the possibilities.thank you

Sp05

Hi Sp05

I-140& I-485 denied
Appeal
My case I-290B Appeal March 2005
I got E-mail for I-140 & I-485 both r re-opened BCIS on june 21 st and this kind of case takes 90 to 485 days & for 485 case 365 to 540 days

but I did not chuck luds

do U know any one approved after this kind of messages after long time almost after 4 monts I seen E-MAIL
is it good sign or some thing else...
thank god ....I hope every thing is okay
I pray god every day every time......
give us life in this country...

please give me details if any body knows same thing.....

thanx

hi,
How long does it take to hear a decision once i140 says opened on BCIS ..........LUD changed on 290a and i140 yesterday with no message change.does it mean anything.please answer.thank you.

Sp05

Hi sp05
As far my knowledge after BCIS motion re-opened it's takes couple days depends on officer and I seen some time takes 1 to 2 days otherwise it takes 1 week

if any one knows about motion to re-opened please give em details
better we need help from Unitednations
both we can ask him properly we will get feed back.....

my case

Hi Sp05

I-140& I-485 denied
Appeal
My case I-290B Appeal March 2005
I got E-mail for I-140 & I-485 both r re-opened BCIS on june 21 st and this kind of case takes 90 to 485 days & for 485 case 365 to 540 days

but I did not chuck luds

do U know any one approved after this kind of messages after long time almost after 4 monts I seen E-MAIL
is it good sign or some thing else...
thank god ....I hope every thing is okay
I pray god every day every time......
give us life in this country...

please give me details if any body knows same thing.....

thanx

hi SMKR999,
sure i will mail him too.hopefully we both get a good news soon and all the people in the forum too.they said in the forum it can take 1-7days to get an answer after BCIS motion.please update which center r u in.

Sp05

Hi Sp05

Thanx for your reply and let's see,
we have to pray god for both of us and whoever like us in this same boat
I am praying every day & every movement..........

My case is from Vermont VSC
what about U your related education or ebility to pay and which service center
please give me reply
thanx
smkr

I am in the same boat too BUT!

I have filed MTR (290A) on 01 Feb'2005 and they have not touched my case until now. Is there a difference in who can apply for I-290A and I-290B. My I-140 was denied stating that there was no approved labor for the application. But in actuality, my labor approval was mailed but lost in the mail. Does anyone have any other ideas of expediting the case?

hi smkr,
hi i mailed UN he said it is a good sign if they open.it is a better sign if they open i140 and 485.so let us hope the best.my case is in VSC.my details are

labour approved feb04
EAD and AP MAY04
I140 AND I485 APPLIED MARCH04
I140 AND 0485 denied apr05 due to evaluation mix up on 4 yr degree +iy comp diploma=BS here.so MTR/APPEAL sent on before may2,05.no news Lawyer sent new evaluation and explanation why before evaluation was wrong.
when will we get ant receipt no and what r the chances.very worried.

Sp05 & all other friends

Hi Sp & all other friends

I received postal mail notice of I-485 from USCIS
Appealed & Open MTR

After review, we have reopened the application or pettion or reconsidered the decision previously issued. you will receive a notice under seprate cover once all action has been completed.

Do you know about like this message
any body knows, please give me details
thanx
smkr