VSC I-140 Denied MTR Sent and waiting for response TRACKER

140/485 Denial

My I-140/485 has been denied and we didn't receive the denial letter for I-140. In the meantime, till the time I apply for MTR, can I continue to work on my EAD? Is there any time limit on that? Or is it better to stop working from the day I received I-485 denial letter?

Anyone can help me please?

My original labor approval was mailed to my attorney but lost in the mail. After 2 1/2 years of waiting, my I-140 / I-485 were denied stating that there was no approved labor for the application. I have submitted an MTR within 33 days with the final determination letter obtained from the DOL. I have sought the help of the local senator have requested the DOL to send another duplicate copy to the VSC and was delivered to INS last week.

How long does it take to re-open my case (I-140/I-485) after receiving the copy of LC?

Since it is more than 6 months that my I-140 and I-485 have been denied, Will I be considered an unlawful resident?

Please advise.

Erics

Erics,
Please Clean Up Your Message Box. It Is Not Accepting Any Private Message!!!
Thankx

smkr999...
I wrote a personal message to you like a week ago...could you please check and respond to that message ? 'll appreciate it.
Thanks..

rbv said:
Erics,
Please Clean Up Your Message Box. It Is Not Accepting Any Private Message!!!
Thankx
Hi, sorry about that. I got busy and could not cleanup the messagebox. Now there is space to send the message.
I have also included my email address in my signature, just in case.

hi gurus,
my case MTR/appeal filed on may2,2005
reopened on june 20,2005
no decision as of yet on i140
i485 no news of reopen though MTR was filed for that too.
spouse EAD renewed on july26,2005
h1 expired on aug2
denied on apr2 as per mail.
waht will be the status of me as of today and can we wait even if 180 days have passed since the denial and no news on this .please advice on what next step should be.Becos even if i140 favours us later can we get an RFE on i485 or since case was reopened and had applied for advance paroll in march {no news},we r fine.please shed some light on this case.please reply soon as clock is ticking.

Guys,

My I140 got revoked when it came to approve I485 after 3 years of wait in 485. I140 was revoked due to 3-year diploma instead of Bachelor deg issues. It was revoked even though it was approved earlier.

485 and 140 both got rejected at the same time based on I140. No update on online status yet, still says pending.

I had moved to new company when 485 was pending for more than 6 months. Now new company has filed new I140. Have H1B approved until Dec'2006. Wife not in AOS anymore , neither in H4.

Can we file any motion to reopen the case?

Can we somehow file my wife's H4 without her having to go to home country. I do not want to get into trouble by going to India for H4 stamping?

Thanks

Smkr99...

Hey smkr99...what do you mean by "I given private mail" ??? couldnt figure it out man... :confused: could you please clarify..also didnt get any private message from you either... :confused:

Hi Gctarget06

Hi Gctarget

I am very sorry
I gaven private message reply in couple weeks ago how come your not recieved it.
I given again u can chuck it

thanx
smkr

kp7865 said:
Thanks Eric,
I saw couple of statuses on my MTR previously. one is says notice date and other says accepted. Any Idea, how it works ?.

Hi Gurus,

I am a regular visitor of this forum. Since i just filed my I140 and I485 and my case is also some what related to the famous 3 year batchelor degree and 2 years MBA in India, i am keeping my fingures crossed and waiting and was going through the postings here. Can you Gurus please educate me on the following?

1. People talk about LUD here how do you check this?
2. Also people here talk about online status, how do i get that.
3. On filing the MTR, most of them refering to "United Nations" help, is it another forum user here?

Mine is filed in Texas service centre and the RD is 07/28/05

Thanks in advance to you all Gurus....

ms1_1 said:
Guys,

My I140 got revoked when it came to approve I485 after 3 years of wait in 485. I140 was revoked due to 3-year diploma instead of Bachelor deg issues. It was revoked even though it was approved earlier.

485 and 140 both got rejected at the same time based on I140. No update on online status yet, still says pending.

I had moved to new company when 485 was pending for more than 6 months. Now new company has filed new I140. Have H1B approved until Dec'2006. Wife not in AOS anymore , neither in H4.

Can we file any motion to reopen the case?

Can we somehow file my wife's H4 without her having to go to home country. I do not want to get into trouble by going to India for H4 stamping?

Thanks
File a MTR on existing case. The MTR might fail, but is worth trying. At the same time, ask your new employer to do an interfiling for your new 140 and attach your already applied (now denied) 485 to it. It is possible to do so. This way your and spouse 485 will also reopen.
You must act quickly, within 30 days of denial.

sbs said:
Hi Gurus,

I am a regular visitor of this forum. Since i just filed my I140 and I485 and my case is also some what related to the famous 3 year batchelor degree and 2 years MBA in India, i am keeping my fingures crossed and waiting and was going through the postings here. Can you Gurus please educate me on the following?

1. People talk about LUD here how do you check this?
Register yourself at USCIS.gov
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp.
Once you login, add your cases using your EAC/LIN etc. numbers and you will see a Last Updated Date for each case.
2. Also people here talk about online status, how do i get that.
Same as above.
3. On filing the MTR, most of them refering to "United Nations" help, is it another forum user here?

Mine is filed in Texas service centre and the RD is 07/28/05

Thanks in advance to you all Gurus....
Yes, UnitedNations is another registered user. Check his thread about ability to pay at:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1223754#post1223754

Second Posting---

My original labor approval was mailed to my attorney but lost in the mail. After 2 1/2 years of waiting, my I-140 / I-485 were denied stating that there was no approved labor for the application. I have submitted an MTR within 33 days with the final determination letter obtained from the DOL. I have sought the help of the local senator and they have requested the DOL to send another duplicate copy to the VSC and was delivered to VSC last week.

How long does it take to re-open my case (I-140/I-485) after receiving the copy of LC ( already three weeks) ?

Last, I was told that it is with an Officer for review.

Please advise.

dev2000 said:
Second Posting---

My original labor approval was mailed to my attorney but lost in the mail. After 2 1/2 years of waiting, my I-140 / I-485 were denied stating that there was no approved labor for the application. I have submitted an MTR within 33 days with the final determination letter obtained from the DOL. I have sought the help of the local senator and they have requested the DOL to send another duplicate copy to the VSC and was delivered to VSC last week.

How long does it take to re-open my case (I-140/I-485) after receiving the copy of LC ( already three weeks) ?

Last, I was told that it is with an Officer for review.

Please advise.
Hi Dev2000,

I did see your original post, but did not reply because I did not have an answer for your question. Sorry to say but it is hard to predict when USCIS will act on the docs. that they recd. Your case may get reopened as early as next week and it may take much longer. I can understand that you want your case reopened and 140 approved quickly so that your 485 can be approved as soon as visa numbers become available. One thing I could suggest is that you wait another week and then you/lawyer/employer send an expedite request for your 140. That may help.

Thanks everyone for the help!!!

Finally my I-140 and I-485 cases have been re-opened after the USCIS has received the copy of my labor approval from the Federal Labor Dept.

Hey Dev2000,
How did they (federal labor dept.) find the lost labor ? did you make any request to do so ? how do you that and how long does it take ?? The reason I am asking because I've got a similar situation. The original labor was lost in the mail and looks like they are still waiting for original copy of the labor from DOL. I am already sick and tired of hearing the same reply again and again from USCIS....its almost a year now and they are still waiting...?? Please let me know how to proceed in this matter. your reply is much appreciated. Thanks Pal and good luck for your MTR....

Called USCIS

hi, guys,

I got an email update stating additional material for I-140. Then I call to USCIS, the lady took my name and said she will not be able to give me any info other than my employer. Will it hurt my case any way???

thanks