VSC 2003 by sampling scanning

I don't know if you have any reason to think like that ... from what I noticed the USCIS never reached 100% level of processing, they always stopped somewhere around 70-80% of cases completed (app+transf+denied), the rest remained forever "received" or "resumed" and I don't know what the reason is: FB, NIWs, not updating the online system ??? and this dates back to sbctsblc's data ... so I would say that for Jan-Jun 2003 they are pretty close to 70 = they are almost done. There is a high activity in the last 2 weeks at the beggining of July 2003 compared with several weeks ago so I would say that they advance slowly but surely and they might hit Aug 2003 by Jan.

Sep2003VSC said:
I was hoping to get my GC in the next 3 or 4 months but after the seeing the image possted by ETA-GC, I lost all my hope.

On an average only 15 or 16 percent got approved so far in 2003. And most cases got transfered.
:mad:

Sep2003VSC said:
I was hoping to get my GC in the next 3 or 4 months but after the seeing the image possted by ETA-GC, I lost all my hope.

On an average only 15 or 16 percent got approved so far in 2003. And most cases got transfered.

I wouldn't get all that discouraged (yet).

First off, there is apparently a separate location handling Apr-Oct 2003 cases and they want to clear those by March 2005.

Second, note that many cases are transferred and some of those are probably approved by now (but they don't show up as approvals).

Third, the numbers aren't really all that bad -- it looks like they are starting to make progress with July 2003 cases and they could be hitting Sep/Oct in a couple months (and we'll continue to see the odd case from those months approved ahead of time).

Also, I doubt that they will ever hit more than 80-90% approved/transferred -- even if you go back to early 2002, many cases never end up getting approved for various reasons so the % is probably higher among more easily "approvable" cases (depending on the EB catagory, work / education situation etc.).

The 2003 tracker has hit > 20% of all cases approved now btw.

ETA

nemessis said:
I don't know if you have any reason to think like that ... from what I noticed the USCIS never reached 100% level of processing, they always stopped somewhere around 70-80% of cases completed

Heh, I said almost the same thing at the same time above :).

I concur. I think that many cases end up "neglected". They are still in the system but they aren't getting any attention for RFE responses, name check followup etc.).

Reasons for this could include:

+spouse ends up getting GC through alternative route leaving 2nd GC case neglected

+applicant marries US citizen and abandons employment-based GC process

+applicant abandons GC process for other reasons (e.g. left US) and USCIS isn't informed

If you look at the earliest month in the immigrationwatch database (Jan 2002), ~43% of cases are approved and ~40% were transferred (and many of the transfers could be approved by now).

I would guess that there is also some % of cases which are "difficult" and will take a long time to clear (e.g. name check issues, complicated work situation etc.).

ETA

latest statistics for 10/23/03 cases

Last scan: 11/13/04
This scan: 11/18/04

# Cases: 196

There continues to be some activity for these cases. There are now 6 approvals (up by 2) and another case was "untransferred".

Scroll to around line 200 in the attached spreadsheet for details...

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
latest statistics for 08/25/03 cases

Last scan: 11/15/04
This scan: 11/18/04

# Cases: 189

There were 3 approvals since the last update.

ETA

Sep2003VSC said:

BTW, I came across some decent explanations of why even for May 2002, they are only showing ~52% approved:

http://www.immigrationfocus.com/forum/thread.jsp?tid=110073458446&fid=f19

http://www.immigrationfocus.com/forum/thread.jsp?tid=109660400070&fid=f05

ETA

approved or not .. MMMM.... :confused:

I was just checking the immigrationwatch.com and found that two 485 had been approved . These looks very similar to mine and my wife's application. But when we check the status for our case it does not say anything. Could somebody throw some light . Thanks in advance

EAC032355**** 08/19/03 APPROVED 10/28/04 RECEIVED_0 08/19/03
EAC032355**** 08/19/03 APPROVED 11/01/04 RECEIVED_0 08/19/03

havagc said:
I was just checking the immigrationwatch.com and found that two 485 had been approved . These looks very similar to mine and my wife's application. But when we check the status for our case it does not say anything. Could somebody throw some light . Thanks in advance

EAC032355**** 08/19/03 APPROVED 10/28/04 RECEIVED_0 08/19/03
EAC032355**** 08/19/03 APPROVED 11/01/04 RECEIVED_0 08/19/03

All you really know is that these cases are from the same day as yours.

There can be 500+ I-485 cases for any given day. If your online status isn't showing approved, then these probably aren't your cases, unfortunately. The good news is that August cases should probably start getting a lot more attention in the next month or so (somewhat delayed by the upcoming holidays...).

ETA

are we transferred cases doomed to darkness?

Are we lesser mortals to simply watch the world passing by -June, July, August 2003 cases are being approved in VSC whereas we March 2003 filers transferred to Newark have no clue if we will be approved , if at all , in this century .Please give us some hope and good news if any ,dear forum members.
Fams

fams said:
Are we lesser mortals to simply watch the world passing by -June, July, August 2003 cases are being approved in VSC whereas we March 2003 filers transferred to Newark have no clue if we will be approved , if at all , in this century .Please give us some hope and good news if any ,dear forum members.
Fams

Unfortunately, I have to agree that getting transferred to a busy local office is not a good thing. It probably means that your case will take months longer to process (at a minimum) and afaik it's pretty hard to estimate when they might get to your case (I don't know of anyway to scan such cases etc.). Has anyone set up a tracker for some of the local centers?

ETA

I am confused with local offfice,Could anyone please let me know.

What basis the cases are transfered to which local office (The place you live currently or the place the labor is approved )

What are the reasons a case us transfered to a local office, I saw many many transfers in the tracker now a days. Dont understand why they do that.

I would appreciate if anyone can answers if they have any insights.

:eek:

dbwr said:
I am confused with local offfice,Could anyone please let me know.

What basis the cases are transfered to which local office (The place you live currently or the place the labor is approved )

What are the reasons a case us transfered to a local office, I saw many many transfers in the tracker now a days. Dont understand why they do that.

This probably isn't the best thread to ask this (you'd probably get more responses in the main I-485 forum) but...

As you noticed, the VSC is transferring lots of cases to local offices these days, probably in an effort to "reduce" their backlog. This doesn't help us applicants much because even though the case is off the VSC books, the local offices are sometimes taking months, if not longer to process cases.

As far as I know, when a case is transferred it will go to the office which is local to your current location.

The normal "valid" reasons for transferring a case are for things like:

+confirm current employment, especially if applicant moved or used AC-21
+confirm spousal situation, especially if married recently
+confirm educational qualifications
+check up on other special circumstances
+random transfers -- not sure if there is a quota for this

These days up to 50% or more of cases are being transferred at the VSC so they've probably lowered the threshold for deciding to transfer a case somewhat.

ETA

No updates on 484

I140 AD May 2003
I484 RD 08/01/2003 (Non concurrent)

I haven’t received my finger printing yet.
The last updated date is showing as 08/06/2003

So I guess nothing has happened in my case since I applied.

So can I assume that my file has not transferred to local office?
How do we know If our case has transferred to local office? Do they update the status online?

I appreciate any input on this.

ajay5174 said:
So I guess nothing has happened in my case since I applied.

So can I assume that my file has not transferred to local office?
How do we know If our case has transferred to local office? Do they update the status online?

For any given date past about mid-July, there are many cases which still have their status set to "Received" and the LUD hasn't changed from the time the case was originally received. For example, of the 189 cases from 08/25/03 that I'm tracking, around 40% had this status during the last scan (11/18/04).

I'd be a *little* concerned about not having done my fingerprinting yet given that the VSC could start approving Aug 2003 cases in earnest within a few weeks (and the odd case even sooner). You might want to search the I-485 forum and check this post: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=151733.

You're probably safe in assuming that your case hasn't been transferred. They would usually update the LUD / status message when this happened although I'm sure they forget to do this on occasion.

If necessary, once the VSC's official processing date passes your RD by 30 days you could initiate a status inquiry...

ETA

I-485 Approved

I have been a passive visitor to this forum throughout my I-485 application period. Here is my chance to give back to the community.

EAC-03-088-5xxxx
RD 12/23/2002
ND 1/27/2003
FP1 3/11/2003
FP2 10/19/2004
AD 11/22/2004

Cheers!! All the best to everyone who is still waiting!!

-Spook

latest statistics for 10/23/03 cases

Last scan: 11/18/04
This scan: 11/24/04

# Cases: 196

There were 3 approvals and 1 transfer since the last update. The approvals were all on 11/22/04 and the transfer was on 11/23/04, so lot's of recent activity.

We now have 8.16% of the cases that I'm tracking for 10/23/03 processed (approved or transferred) with 44.90% of the cases still showing the original "Received" message.

ETA

latest statistics for 08/25/03 cases

Last Scan: 11/18/04
This Scan: 11/24/04 (+6 days)
# Cases: 189

A fair amount of activity for 08/25/03 cases over the last 6 days including:

+6 approvals (20 total now)
+4 transfers (5 total now)

All of those are since 11/21/04.

At this point 13.23% of the cases have been processed (10.58% approved, 2.65% transferred).

This is by far the most activity that we've seen for these cases -- something is definitely up. Hopefully nemessis will be able to update his scans soon so we can see in more detail what is going on. I suspect that the leading VSC "wave" (at least the 2003 one) is moving into August now and based on other approvals, even September and October seem to be getting significant attention.

ETA

Status changes at Online

Hi

What are the flow of the staus changes on the results from on-line sampleing.

After "FP Received"is sent what is next state before "Approval/Complete".

My ND of 485 was July -16-2003. EAC0321XXX,
FP in SEPT20-2004.

Any suggestions what else I / my attorney can do to "ping" for my case...

Deenig

deenig2 said:
Hi

What are the flow of the staus changes on the results from on-line sampleing.

After "FP Received"is sent what is next state before "Approval/Complete".

My ND of 485 was July -16-2003. EAC0321XXX,
FP in SEPT20-2004.

Any suggestions what else I / my attorney can do to "ping" for my case...

Deenig

You might not see any further changes prior to your case being processed. At that time, you will most likely see either "Approved/Complete" or "Transferred" (or you could get "RFE sent"). For *some* people their LUD changed (with no change to the status message) 1-6 weeks prior to approval but many people are approved with no change to the LUD or status message after the "FP recvd" one. In fact, many people never even get the "FP recvd" change...

Other possible messages are the "...we responded to your request..." ones which are usually due to address changes or because someone inquired about your case status.

There's a small chance that renewing your EAD or AP could "ping" the case and cause it to be approved if everything is ready but the jury is still out as to whether this really happens...

ETA

ETA,
My LUD changed recently without any change in the message,
How long do you think I have to wait for another change [ Good Chg (485 Approved) or Bad Change (Transferred)] in LUD and Msg