VSC 2003 by sampling scanning

nemessis said:
For Approvals/Transfers: highest activity in March-June 2003 region (see spreadsheed 8_16_2004). In the second chart obviously the big peak for the new FPs. That is clear from the second spreadsheet also but I rescaled it to show the 2 approval peaks centered on March and May 2003. Smaller but I would say pretty good activity so far at VSC.

Do we have smilar numbers for NDS Jul - Sep 2003?

Sorry I have only the data I post. Several guys offered to do additional scanning and to post their data here. If you want, scan your date and post the result.

njguy007 said:
Do we have smilar numbers for NDS Jul - Sep 2003?

nemessis said:
Sorry I have only the data I post. Several guys offered to do additional scanning and to post their data here. If you want, scan your date and post the result.

I'll eventually start scanning for 10/23/03 and around that date but at the moment there's no point since there isn't much activity past June/July 2003 as far as I can tell.

ETA

Scan EAC0313551930-EAC0313552120

I dont know if the way I scanned was right -but I saw not all the EAC nos. were for I-485s .How come?

What EAC #s are not 485s from your list? I tried several and all of them were ...

fams said:
I dont know if the way I scanned was right -but I saw not all the EAC nos. were for I-485s .How come?

appeal b4fp expiry

Ur right nemessis-I was confused when I saw the scanning take place.
Anyway,I read that someone in the forum appealed thru their lawyer for the approval b4 the expiration of their first fingerprint, and it worked.Any comments on this ?
fams

scanning 10/23/03 I-485 cases

FYI I've started scanning for I-485 cases with a ND of 10/23/03 (my own I-140 / I-485 ND). It's going to take a while as I'm looking for all cases in 0401650000 through 0401655999 and I can only do about 250 cases per day (500 if I check from home also).

If anyone wants to help out just lemme know and I can send you a spreadsheet that is all set to check for a range of 250 cases (if you have dialup / some way of changing your IP so you can do more than 250 cases that would be great...). Running the macro only takes a couple minutes if you have broadband, maybe 15 minutes or so with dialup.

Without help, it will take me around at least a couple weeks to scan the full range (I might give up if/when I end up with enough cases for a good sample). Once I have the list, it will probably take 2-3 days to periodically recheck just those cases (assuming we end up with around 500 - 750 cases total for that day). The idea would be to forward the results to nemessis so he can include these in his great statistical summaries (if he's still willing :p).

So far one range that I scanned (EAC0401651750 through EAC0401651934) had about 30% transferred cases, the other range (EAC0401651000 through EAC0401651388) had maybe 5%. No sign of FP yet (as expected), although 2 cases have FP received from around 01/15/04.

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
ETA-GC said:
The idea would be to forward the results to nemessis so he can include these in his great statistical summaries (if he's still willing :p).

Are you kidding me? :p :p :p Thanks a lot and I feel sorry to see you're the only one doing that ... it's our common interest to know what's going on, with this scanning we have a lot of info now, at least we know for sure that they are not working only at 2002 cases like they report but even ppl from June-July 2003 can expecy approvals soon.

I am doing now the scan for the update, I'll be done by tomorrow evening or Saturday. It will be nice to post together ...

Thanks again ETA-GC,
nemessis

ETA-GC said:
FYI I've started scanning for I-485 cases with a ND of 10/23/03 (my own I-140 / I-485 ND). It's going to take a while as I'm looking for all cases in 0401650000 through 0401655999 and I can only do about 250 cases per day (500 if I check from home also).

If anyone wants to help out just lemme know and I can send you a spreadsheet that is all set to check for a range of 250 cases (if you have dialup / some way of changing your IP so you can do more than 250 cases that would be great...). Running the macro only takes a couple minutes if you have broadband, maybe 15 minutes or so with dialup.

Without help, it will take me around at least a couple weeks to scan the full range (I might give up if/when I end up with enough cases for a good sample). Once I have the list, it will probably take 2-3 days to periodically recheck just those cases (assuming we end up with around 500 - 750 cases total for that day). The idea would be to forward the results to nemessis so he can include these in his great statistical summaries (if he's still willing :p).

So far one range that I scanned (EAC0401651750 through EAC0401651934) had about 30% transferred cases, the other range (EAC0401651000 through EAC0401651388) had maybe 5%. No sign of FP yet (as expected), although 2 cases have FP received from around 01/15/04.

ETA

Does FP happen before or after 485 Transfer to local office?

dragonking said:
Does FP happen before or after 485 Transfer to local office?

Good question ... from the partial scanning for the next update I noticed something interesting: there were FP sent in Aug 6th, after that several cases with "FP sent" changed after a week in "Transferred", that makes me think the FP and transfers are 2 different issues. But another several cases which were missed by the bulk "FP sent" (I mean remained Received after Aug 6th) were converted in a week in Transfered also ... it might be that they are the kids of other Transfered adults or they didn't bother to send the FP because of problems in the application and they prefered to transfer them .. we'll know that for sure if ppl who have NDs in the beggining of July were transfered with/without FP if they post their experience.

nemessis said:
Good question ... from the partial scanning for the next update I noticed something interesting: there were FP sent in Aug 6th, after that several cases with "FP sent" changed after a week in "Transferred", that makes me think the FP and transfers are 2 different issues. But another several cases which were missed by the bulk "FP sent" (I mean remained Received after Aug 6th) were converted in a week in Transfered also ... it might be that they are the kids of other Transfered adults or they didn't bother to send the FP because of problems in the application and they prefered to transfer them .. we'll know that for sure if ppl who have NDs in the beggining of July were transfered with/without FP if they post their experience.

Hi Nemesis,
Sorry I couldn't understand your post!
You are saying FP and trasnfers are 2 different things.
So, if a guy is transferred without Fp and his local office schedules Interview for approval, at whjat does he give the FP?

Thanks

I was saying actually that there were ppl who received the Fp notice and after a week their case was transferred ... why they've sent the Fp if their intention was to transfer the case ??? My understanding is that the FP are generated in a track and the transfers are done in another track ... It might be that the FP are sent automatically and the transfers are doneindividually by USCIS officers after looking over the applications ... this is the only explanation I have that makes sense. I don't know why some cases were transfered without FP ... one possibility is that they were kids so they are not required to have FP and when the parents were transferred they were transfered too ... the other one is that they might have had problems in their application and were taken out of the normal pipe before the FP were generated and the transfers were done after that.

dragonking said:
Hi Nemesis,
Sorry I couldn't understand your post!
You are saying FP and trasnfers are 2 different things.
So, if a guy is transferred without Fp and his local office schedules Interview for approval, at whjat does he give the FP?

Thanks

Update Aug 27

Same tendency as usual ... more transfers again but a good number of approvals also ... the FPs sent in Aug 6th start to come back as FP recvd ... there were another 2 small waves of FPs on Aug 13 (another Friday) and 25 (the only non-Friday I’ve seen so far) but they don’t appear on data/graphs because more FP sent converted in FP recvd and I plotted the overall merged data ... anyway not big numbers, I would say I’ve seen max 20 among all receipt # from my database. Regarding my 3 waves theory it looks like the second big wave of transfers just reached the end of June – Mid July ... in the back of this “transfer wave” the number of approvals seems to be equal with transfers...

Cheers,
Nemessis

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the latest results nemessis.

BTW, any idea if they lowered the max # scans per IP per day? I seem to be getting locked out at around 150 - 200 cases lately...

ETA

They lowered it to 200 ...

ETA-GC said:
Thanks for the latest results nemessis.

BTW, any idea if they lowered the max # scans per IP per day? I seem to be getting locked out at around 150 - 200 cases lately...

ETA