VISA Information for Countries

Congratulations on your new GC Flower!! =D. And only 5 months!!! Hope we could all be so lucky!!!
And yes, you need an RTD to go to Mexico. You cannot go to Mexico without a passport.

Happiest day for me!!! NSC

11/07/2019 We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/12/2019 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our Nebraska Service Center location is working on your case.
12/05/2019 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
New Card Is Being Produced On April 15, 2020, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number ...
They are waving the GC interviews for employment based categories. I didn't know they'd do that for asylum too.
You can travel to Mexico without RTD

They are waving the GC interviews for employment based categories. I didn't know they'd do that for asylum too.

Most asylum applicants do not require an interview when obtaining their green cards.

And NO, you cannot visit Mexico without an RTD. The green card waives the visa requirement if your original country of citizenship requires a visa. But the green card does not waive the requirement of a passport/RTD. When traveling by land, US citizens can also enter Mexico and return to the US with a US passport card. But everybody else needs a valid passport, or in our case, an RTD.

MSV5450, this isn't the first time you present your personal opinion as fact. You have to stop it. Please do not present speculations or erroneous information as facts if you don't know enough about a subject.

Hi friends! I hope you are staying safe and healthy during the quarantine. I really wonder if anyone traveled recently with RTD + greencard.
I know citizens who went to Europe (AMS and back last week), wonder how the process is for residents during COVID-19..

Hi friends! I hope you are staying safe and healthy during the quarantine. I really wonder if anyone traveled recently with RTD + greencard.
I know citizens who went to Europe (AMS and back last week), wonder how the process is for residents during COVID-19..

Returning to the US is not a problem as long as you're either a citizen or a US LPR. They cannot deny you entry, you might have to self-quarantine though. However getting to another country is not possible right now. Almost every single country has travel restrictions and you cannot travel unless you're also a citizen or permanent resident of that country.

Returning to the US is not a problem as long as you're either a citizen or a US LPR. They cannot deny you entry, you might have to self-quarantine though. However getting to another country is not possible right now. Almost every single country has travel restrictions and you cannot travel unless you're also a citizen or permanent resident of that country.

thank you so much for the info!

also, I recently checked https://www.timaticweb2.com/integration/external.php?ref=d975cfc59f5c0abd06d16e872198110b
and based on what it shows , now, after MARCH 2020
if you have RTD + Greencard you MUST apply for visa to NL (Ams) :(((
It was visa-free before, I traveled twice in 2019... does anyone know anything? Maybe I just misunderstood smth...
thank you!

also, I recently checked https://www.timaticweb2.com/integration/external.php?ref=d975cfc59f5c0abd06d16e872198110b
It was visa-free before, I traveled twice in 2019... does anyone know anything? Maybe I just misunderstood smth...
thank you!
I don't see anything on the NL official embassy website to suggest things have changed. When I fill out the Timatic form with my information, it still shows me visa-free travel but it warns of the COVID-19 restrictions in effect. Basically you can't enter for regular tourist or business purposes.
The Netherlands is one of those weird countries where what matters is not your passport or travel document, but your original nationality. So even though we both have a US-issued RTD, what counts is which country we were born in. It's possible the rules have changed for your country of origin and now you do require a visa.

I don't see anything on the NL official embassy website to suggest things have changed. When I fill out the Timatic form with my information, it still shows me visa-free travel but it warns of the COVID-19 restrictions in effect. Basically you can't enter for regular tourist or business purposes.
The Netherlands is one of those weird countries where what matters is not your passport or travel document, but your original nationality. So even though we both have a US-issued RTD, what counts is which country we were born in. It's possible the rules have changed for your country of origin and now you do require a visa.

thank you!!

yes, now it shows me >>>
Netherlands - Destination Visa
Visa required.
Important:
Brexit: The United Kingdom stopped being member of the European Union (EU) and of the European Economic Area (EEA). Regulations related to the EU and the EEA apply to the United Kingdom until 31 December 2020.

thank you!!

yes, now it shows me >>>
Visa required.
Important:
Brexit: The United Kingdom stopped being member of the European Union (EU) and of the European Economic Area (EEA). Regulations related to the EU and the EEA apply to the United Kingdom until 31 December 2020.

Yeah, mine's a little bit different. Nowhere does it show the dreaded "visa required". It just shows me the long list of reasons why I can't enter, lol. But it doesn't say that I require a visa. It's possible the requirements for your country of origin have changed. =(
Also, make sure to select "US Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571)" from the list of the "Document Held" dropdown menu. If you select "Travel Document Convention 1951" or anything else, you won't get the same results. It will always show you you need a visa. Also make sure to select your have a return ticket.

thank you!!

yes, now it shows me >>>
Visa required.
Important:

Visa required.
The following are exempt from holding a visa:
Passengers with a with a US Travel Document (Form I-571) issued to refugees for a maximum stay of 90 days.
The maximum stay is granted within 180 days.

They are waving the GC interviews for employment-based categories. I didn't know they'd do that for asylum too.

Congrats on being LPR! No, you need USCIS issued RTD (should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of entry into Mexico and are accepted for entry, airside transit and exit from Mexico). or any foreign passport to visit Mexico plus your valid green card if you are not from that visa-free agreement with Mexico
main-qimg-90e70f72f371608809e8f49ab4a43b66

So I have been waiting for the past 7 months for RTD and starting to re-think the whole thing that we NEED Refugee Travel Document with valid passport and green card. I have read the I-131 instructions again and it clearly states following: Unless you have other appropriate documentation, such as a Permanent Resident Card and passport, you must have a Refugee Travel Document

Anyone here traveling with their valid passport and Green Card? Experiences?

So I have been waiting for the past 7 months for RTD and starting to re-think the whole thing that we NEED Refugee Travel Document with valid passport and green card. I have read the I-131 instructions again and it clearly states following: Unless you have other appropriate documentation, such as a Permanent Resident Card and passport, you must have a Refugee Travel Document

Anyone here traveling with their valid passport and Green Card? Experiences?

Are you a principal or derivative asylee? I traveled with an RTD + GC and I was asked at the arrival to the US if it's the only passport I use.

Are you a principal or derivative asylee? I traveled with an RTD + GC and I was asked at the arrival to the US if it's the only passport I use.

Principal! Interesting, because I just read the I-131 instructions and it states if you have passport and GC you don't need Travel document. It seems like an unwritten rule.. It's good too have it, but not a rule.

Principal! Interesting, because I just read the I-131 instructions and it states if you have passport and GC you don't need Travel document. It seems like an unwritten rule.. It's good too have it, but not a rule.

I wouldn't risk it but you never know who you're gonna get at the airport.

thank you!

Hi, Did you travel to Amsterdam? I have a question, do we need a visa for transit through Europ? I want to travel with France airline, I have a Green card and a US refugee travel document, my destination isn't Europe, but France airline has a stop at France airport, do I need a visa for transit?
Another question, can I travel to Mexico with my green card and travel document? I dont have my original passport!

who can help me ? do i need a visa to transit through France to Egypt?
Hi, Did you travel to Amsterdam? I have a question, do we need a visa for transit through Europ? I want to travel with France airline, I have a Green card and a US refugee travel document, my destination isn't Europe, but France airline has a stop at France airport, do I need a visa for transit?
Another question, can I travel to Mexico with my green card and travel document? I dont have my original passport!

Seems like both of you have similar question. You do not need visa to transit, but you need to check how you bought your ticket - if you bought separately then you need to go into France then exit out and then you do need visa. If you bought transit ticket then you likely won't enter France just transit through the airport.